Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84180 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3195 on: June 22, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »
In the U.S. they will not take any organ donations if the deceased is 70 or older.  Not even skin  We tried to have Dad's organs donated, but he was 78 when he died.

My Dad withdrew his will to donate. He was so stuffed with medication, it showed in every bit of tissue on his body, that he did not want to leave any of this to someone who needed healthy parts of someone else.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3196 on: June 22, 2016, 03:34:52 AM »
In the U.S. they will not take any organ donations if the deceased is 70 or older.  Not even skin  We tried to have Dad's organs donated, but he was 78 when he died.

My Dad withdrew his will to donate. He was so stuffed with medication, it showed in every bit of tissue on his body, that he did not want to leave any of this to someone who needed healthy parts of someone else.
my sister was pretty unhealthy when she died but they still took her corneas.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3197 on: June 22, 2016, 08:04:01 AM »

my sister was pretty unhealthy when she died but they still took her corneas.

I think corneas are a little bit different.  We asked if they could take some skin (for burn victims, but they shook their heads) so it was the age thing for Dad.

BTW - I've read of 2 separate instances of rabies being transmitted with a cornea transplant.  The donor died, from unknown causes, in the hospital. 

PA has had 2 cornea transplants and one corneal cell transplant.  The cell transplant was a bitch.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3198 on: June 22, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
It's the day before the vote.
Are you in London?

Next week. I'm following this from home.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3199 on: June 23, 2016, 02:42:06 AM »
From the stats on I2.

Male to Female Ratio:    1.4:1

When reading on male to female ratio with ASS the numbers are different.

Parts must be a hell of a woman, bringing these numbers so close.  :nerdy:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3200 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:19 AM »
Went to the new Shoprite(grocery store) that just opened a couple weeks ago and found the design and lay out dreadful in so many ways I don't think I will be going back.  For one the place is huge but to get out your funneled through a double door that I can almost touch both sides of then to a single door,  it was empty when I was there just after they opened but it will be a people traffic jam when they get busy :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3201 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:29 AM »
Went to the new Shoprite(grocery store) that just opened a couple weeks ago and found the design and lay out dreadful in so many ways I don't think I will be going back.  For one the place is huge but to get out your funneled through a double door that I can almost touch both sides of then to a single door,  it was empty when I was there just after they opened but it will be a people traffic jam when they get busy :zombiefuck:

We have a Price-Rite that's hard to get out of for some reason.  Bad layouts just suck!   :GA:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3202 on: June 24, 2016, 10:13:32 AM »

We have a Price-Rite that's hard to get out of for some reason.  Bad layouts just suck!   :GA:

Heaven forbid they have a sale on steak...people are going to get trampled.

I dislike crowded lobbies and will avoid a store just because of that fact. Hate people bumping into me.  :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3203 on: June 24, 2016, 12:15:51 PM »

I dislike crowded lobbies and will avoid a store just because of that fact. Hate people bumping into me.  :P

There's a shop in a town nearby that is that cramped that I only dare to venture in on rainy days when the streets are abandoned and there are barely people around shopping. Even then, I will check the shop before entering. If there is another customer present, I will not go in. And if there is no customer present, I will not go in far, I'll ask for what I need. I want to be able to get the hell out of there the moment someone else comes in.
Claustrophobia hits me every time I'm there.
The shopkeeper only ads things and never throws things out.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3204 on: June 24, 2016, 01:55:16 PM »

My wife said the same thing :2thumbsup:  It's a 68,000 square feet store with only that one non emergency exit   and the check outs are very close to it without much maneuvering room.  Another thing is the exit doors don't open automatically when you pass by them on the out going side like in most stores so you can only enter through another set of double doors on the far end of the building.  I hate people bumping me also and avoid places they will like the plague

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3205 on: June 26, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »
Had a lot people ask about where I got the tie dye shirt I wore today at the market which I thought was odd till I found out
Dead and Company is on tour in the area

George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3206 on: June 26, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »
Another nice total postcount on I2. Now ruined by me.

1112111 Posts in 18029 Topics by 555 Members. Latest Member: anderson

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3207 on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »
lonely people talk a lot
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3208 on: July 02, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »
Too many rabbits.

Bunnies by my shed, bunnies by my truck, bunnies on my porch, bunnies have eaten my hosta plants.

Then one tiny one the size of a guinea pig hops up to me...and it reeks of stinking cuteness.

It just sits there next to me for awhile wiggling it's little nose then hops over to another hosta plant looking at me, like the doe that peered in my back window as she munched the leaves on the ones in the backyard...I wave the white flag of surrender and go inside so that I cannot witness the destruction.

I have more, and they'll grow back. The coyotes and the feral cats that you hardly ever see in the daylight will take care of the rabbits soon enough.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3209 on: July 02, 2016, 08:14:29 AM »
when you call them bunnies it's harder to think of them as vermin.

#Dancewithgarygopher