Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84178 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2775 on: June 28, 2015, 03:42:03 AM »
I know.
Starting from financial scratch, it was not number one on my priority list, but it has moved up.

If I heard a lot of (often crap) music during the day, I cannot listen to music I like, until my head is empty enough. Even if I do like the music I hear my head still needs silence before I can play my own music and enjoy it.

One of my kids is the same.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2776 on: June 28, 2015, 03:43:39 AM »
Apparently a friend of my daughter's stayed over.
That would be hard in my house, to have that happen unnoticed. The staircase to the second floor with the bedrooms is in the living room. But, who knows, when the time comes I sleep before the kids come home.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2777 on: June 28, 2015, 04:03:20 AM »
Apparently a friend of my daughter's stayed over.
That would be hard in my house, to have that happen unnoticed. The staircase to the second floor with the bedrooms is in the living room. But, who knows, when the time comes I sleep before the kids come home.

I'm the last to be told around here. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2778 on: June 28, 2015, 09:31:53 AM »
I should get myself a more decent stereo. This one is really getting flimsy. Sound is not too bad, I can listen to it for quite a while. (I do not have the ears of DD) But the cd player does have too weak reading power.

Getting decent headgear would be a good plan too. Ex introduced me to Sennheiser, long time ago. That was the first time I could appreciate wearing headphones. Only when not having a cold or an ear somewhat blocked. With that I can't bear earphones, it makes me dizzy. Especially with music "packed with noise".

I can't listen to stereo with headphones.  The sound meets inside my head.  I get dizzy and want to throw up.  So I usually just put one earphone on properly.  The other one is off to one side of the other ear.   Looks rather silly, but it's a cheap, quick fix.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2779 on: June 28, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
A decent stereo and a good pair of headphones can do a lot for your quality of life, regardless.

Agreed. 

... and there is "free" music available if you can not pay.

Did I ever share the AAJ site with you guys?

I hope I did already. If not you just need a verifiable email address and there are about two thousand songs available for free. AAJ, means All About Jazz, so this is free jazz, some various forms, but it is all currently recorded and promoted. Plus, it is from the entire world of jazz.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2780 on: June 28, 2015, 04:55:09 PM »
I should get myself a more decent stereo. This one is really getting flimsy. Sound is not too bad, I can listen to it for quite a while. (I do not have the ears of DD) But the cd player does have too weak reading power.

Getting decent headgear would be a good plan too. Ex introduced me to Sennheiser, long time ago. That was the first time I could appreciate wearing headphones. Only when not having a cold or an ear somewhat blocked. With that I can't bear earphones, it makes me dizzy. Especially with music "packed with noise".

I can't listen to stereo with headphones.  The sound meets inside my head.  I get dizzy and want to throw up.  So I usually just put one earphone on properly.  The other one is off to one side of the other ear.   Looks rather silly, but it's a cheap, quick fix.
With a really good headphone, and no trace of a cold, I do enjoy the sound experience it gives me. Otherwise, I will only bear it if I wear it the way you do.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2781 on: June 28, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »
Found this to be funny. Some are giving credit to Jeff Foxworthy, but I had heard half of it quite a bit ago. This is just a compiled list of
:hair:

To make it funnier for you, just replace the word Indiana with where ever you live. I am sure that MOST can relate to most of these silly things.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Indiana.
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't even work there, you may live in Indiana.
If you've worn shorts and a jacket at the same time, you may live in Indiana.
If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Indiana.
If "vacation" means going anywhere south of Fort Wayne for the weekend, you may live in Indiana.
If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Indiana.
If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Indiana.
If you have switched from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in Indiana.
If you can drive 75 mph through two feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Indiana.
If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both doors unlocked, you may live in Indiana.
If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Indiana.
If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Indiana.
If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph, you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Indiana.
If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Indiana.
If you know all four seasons are: Almost winter, Winter, Still winter and Road Construction, you may live in Indiana.
If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Indiana.
If you find 10°F "a little chilly" and might carry a hoodie with you today, you may live in Indiana.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:08:51 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2782 on: June 30, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »
I saw a Coast Guard C-130 flying overhead today when I was in Mystic today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2783 on: July 04, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »
There were a lot of people all set up for the fourth already at 10am at the beach today some with large pavilion tents and multiple grills

George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #2784 on: July 05, 2015, 07:29:15 PM »
So the usual death and dismemberment stories are in the news today about people having accidents with fireworks or even worse behaving stupidly with fireworks.   One story stuck out, a 22 y/o man in Maine thought it would be cool to strap a fireworks mortar to his head and set it off............he died instantly.   ::)  Apparently he was not the only one, a 47 y/o out in the western states did the same thing...with the same results........... ::)

And the Darwin Award winner for 2015 is...............................................................    :explode: :boo: :mo:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2785 on: July 09, 2015, 04:50:11 AM »
So the usual death and dismemberment stories are in the news today about people having accidents with fireworks or even worse behaving stupidly with fireworks.   One story stuck out, a 22 y/o man in Maine thought it would be cool to strap a fireworks mortar to his head and set it off............he died instantly.   ::)  Apparently he was not the only one, a 47 y/o out in the western states did the same thing...with the same results........... ::)

And the Darwin Award winner for 2015 is...............................................................    :explode: :boo: :mo:

Thinning the herd is a good thing yet the news never seems to portray it as such  :dunno:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2786 on: July 09, 2015, 05:58:13 AM »

Thinning the herd is a good thing yet the news never seems to portray it as such  :dunno:

No, now the guys mother wants everybody who wants to buy fire works have to take a course in fire works safety and pass a test.  This guy was DRUNK.  No amount of classes or training would have prevented this.  And the people he was with were pretty drunk too!   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #2787 on: July 09, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »

No, now the guys mother wants everybody who wants to buy fire works have to take a course in fire works safety and pass a test.  This guy was DRUNK.  No amount of classes or training would have prevented this.  And the people he was with were pretty drunk too!   ::)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2788 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:31 PM »
Traffic changes due to highway construction around Portsmouth NH is achieving new levels of confusion!   :GA:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2789 on: July 09, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »