Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84175 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2760 on: June 25, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
We think alike, as far as the Super Extreme trucks goes.

They say "the bigger the truck, the smaller your junk."

Honestly, I really like big trucks and most everyone who has had the privileged to know is OK with my junk, but not so OK with me wanting a giant truck.

Seems as if the original equation fails.

:CanofWorms:

You are probably one of very few who even has a concept of what these are.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:41:54 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2761 on: June 25, 2015, 07:06:12 PM »
Here we go:

These are all custom built on a huge truck chassis, but they are turned into "show car" type things with insulated and upholstered leather interiors, instead of burlap seats and rubber floors.

The one I saw today was gold with bronze flames and about the size of a huge dump truck (ten feet tall, eight feet across), but it was styled as a luxury pick up truck.

So offensively American!

:plus: When I was in highschool I knew a guy with a monster truck.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2762 on: June 25, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »

Surely you understand that these are NOT  "monster trucks."

These trucks are not made by someone who takes a small truck and scales it up a bit, like a so called Monster Truck.  These particular types of "Giant Super Extreme" trucks are created from very LARGE trucks (think of a semi chassis or a huge dump truck) and then scaled down to something more "usable."  Usable? Yeah, right!!

I just think they are fucking amazing and as I mentioned earlier,  "Offensively American!!"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2763 on: June 25, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »
Yeah, that makes sense. I think I get how it's different, but are they used differently? Do they race them and wreck them or make big public displays of them being the obnoxious absurdity that they are? Giant super extreme truck rallies.  :o
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2764 on: June 25, 2015, 10:19:01 PM »
Here we go:

These are all custom built on a huge truck chassis, but they are turned into "show car" type things with insulated and upholstered leather interiors, instead of burlap seats and rubber floors.

The one I saw today was gold with bronze flames and about the size of a huge dump truck (ten feet tall, eight feet across), but it was styled as a luxury pick up truck.

So offensively American!

Wow.

If I hit on the lottery, I am seriously getting one of those. :autism:

If I hit first, I will pick you up and we can go fart diesel fumes all over our least favorite neighborhoods at five AM.  Maybe leave some foot deep six wheel drive tracks in some "too perfect"  lawns, just for fun.

:mischief:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2765 on: June 25, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »

My neighbor is a kidlet or some form of "barely old enough to vote"  type of human.

He goes out several times each night just to play the stereo in his car for an hour or so.

Kind of sucks to think that the best place one can enjoy music would be in a fucking car, right?

:dunno:

I feel sorry for the kid! I plan to give him my garage stereo, so that he can just have something to listen to inside the house.

I want to upgrade my system, anyway, so no big amount of skin off my nose.

Just not quite sure how to approach him with the prospect while preserving his dignity.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2766 on: June 26, 2015, 09:36:55 AM »

My neighbor is a kidlet or some form of "barely old enough to vote"  type of human.

He goes out several times each night just to play the stereo in his car for an hour or so.

Kind of sucks to think that the best place one can enjoy music would be in a fucking car, right?

I feel sorry for the kid! I plan to give him my garage stereo, so that he can just have something to listen to inside the house.

Just not quite sure how to approach him with the prospect while preserving his dignity.

Maybe he wants to get out of the house.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2767 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »

That's what I thought too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2768 on: June 26, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
Here we go:

So offensively American!

Wow.

If I hit first, I will pick you up and we can go fart diesel fumes all over our least favorite neighborhoods at five AM.  Maybe leave some foot deep six wheel drive tracks in some "too perfect"  lawns, just for fun.

I know just the lawns.  ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2769 on: June 26, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »
Here we go:

So offensively American!

Wow.

I know just the lawns.  ;)

Me too, but we might "take requests" as well.

:2thumbsup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2770 on: June 27, 2015, 12:59:09 AM »
My daughter was already up and about when I got up. It felt like a first ever on a Saturday morning. :P

She is working, which is why, actually.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2771 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:54 AM »

That's what I thought too.

Well, it is two young-lings in one house so you guys could be right. Maybe it is his way to manage NOT killing his room mate.
Either way, I would love to give my old stereo stuff to someone without a stereo to enjoy.

Might just give it away to Goodwill, like I did with my old car and buttloads of other things I have outgrown over the years.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2772 on: June 28, 2015, 03:27:00 AM »
I should get myself a more decent stereo. This one is really getting flimsy. Sound is not too bad, I can listen to it for quite a while. (I do not have the ears of DD) But the cd player does have too weak reading power.

Getting decent headgear would be a good plan too. Ex introduced me to Sennheiser, long time ago. That was the first time I could appreciate wearing headphones. Only when not having a cold or an ear somewhat blocked. With that I can't bear earphones, it makes me dizzy. Especially with music "packed with noise".
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2773 on: June 28, 2015, 03:38:57 AM »
A decent stereo and a good pair of headphones can do a lot for your quality of life, regardless.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2774 on: June 28, 2015, 03:40:15 AM »
Apparently a friend of my daughter's stayed over.

- Albert Einstein