Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84193 times)

Genesis and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2130 on: February 08, 2014, 06:38:29 AM »
I can't be the only one here to have had that problem, can I?

Raises hand, for myself.

And my youngest is a very picky eater for sensory reasons, combined with a very headstrong character.

Luckily there are a few vegetable and protein containing dishes she loves, so, we eat them quite a lot, just to get her fed well.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2131 on: February 08, 2014, 08:24:32 AM »
When I was a kid it was the smells. :GA: I'm self recovered and fatty fat now though.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2132 on: February 08, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »
It was texture and smell for me. And change. I started hating meat when the old butcher retired, and my mum had to find a new one.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2133 on: February 08, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »
This morning, I opened my curtains, and saw the shed of my neighbour had been burned down. Black wooden beams, and a bit of roofing were left on blackened walls. This shed is maybe 25 meters from my house. The fire alley between my lot and the lot of the backdoor neighbour has been laced with white and red ribbons, keeping people out.
How did I miss this?
It was all intact last Thursday night. Must have happened yesterday, and I was home all day.

Saw my neighbour, asked her if she was alright. They all were. The fire happened last night. She only woke when people banged her windows and made lots and lots of noise. The wind was strong, and blowing away from my and her house, so, we only heard the wind.
That is why I slept through all of it, I think. The fire-brigade came twice last night, and the council, blocking the fire alley, because of collapse danger. And I heard nothing.
A street not far from mine is looking black with soot, and smelling of fire big time. Here you smell nothing.
It could have been different. We've been lucky. Had it been colder, and dryer, with a wind from the north, we would have been in the fire-line, because there is a wooden dog-trimming salon between my house and the burned down shed. So, lots of fuel to bring the fire here.
Now everything was soaking wet, because of the rain and above zero temperatures of the last few days. The wind did make things very sooty for the people on the north east of the shed though.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2134 on: February 08, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »
My geiger counter is reading a bit higher than normal today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2135 on: February 08, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »
My geiger counter is reading a bit higher than normal today
What are you geiger counting?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2136 on: February 08, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
All that aside - I feel that no one can help me with any of that!  My daughter is my daughter and she is way stronger than I am in spirit, but has a serious eating disorder, which is still being investigated ...

I can sympathise with her problem. I wouldn't regard it as an eating disorder, though, as it very much appears to be the more autistic problem having to do with unwanted tactile sensations.

My tactile sensitivity with food and touch has lessened through the years but I do remember when all I could eat had to feel exactly right or I would reject it, regardless of how hungry I was. There was nothing anyone could do and I most likely gave my parents quite a few grey hairs. Taste was always less of a problem, although I was quite picky in that respect, too.

Well, you know how they say, "it takes one to know one?"  Take a guess as to why and how I am so certain what is going on with her and her (mis-spoken) "eating disorder." The "eating dis-order" remark refers to how difficult it is to keep her well nourished, while trying to keep within the "boundaries" of her tactile needs.

My sensitivity to food (as well as most things that used to REALLY bother me) has lessened with age as well, but my tolerance for idiocy (normal people missing the essence of nature or science), aggressive behavior (bullying?) and just plain over-social misfits coming up to me (a total stranger) and starting to talk about NOTHING, has become more difficult for me to deal with upon establishing A RATHER OLD age and great degree of "experience" in these areas.

Hope she does better with "good" food soon!

Maybe I am just becoming a Grumpy Old Man.
 :dunno:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:53:23 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2137 on: February 08, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
OT:

I am out of debt (except for our home mortgage), mostly.

With yesterday's payday (and my more substantial yearly dividend than I had hoped for) I paid off my Escalade two years early and opened another IRA account.
 :viking:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2138 on: February 09, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »
OT:

I am out of debt (except for our home mortgage), mostly.

With yesterday's payday (and my more substantial yearly dividend than I had hoped for) I paid off my Escalade two years early and opened another IRA account.
 :viking:

You are kicking ass with your   :dollar: :dollar:   and will prosper this year!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2139 on: February 09, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »
  This head cold has just about killed my appetite.  I find that I don't know what to
   do with myself when I'm not craving food.  It's very confusing.  I hope I get hungry soon.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2140 on: February 09, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
  This head cold has just about killed my appetite.  I find that I don't know what to
   do with myself when I'm not craving food.  It's very confusing.  I hope I get hungry soon.  :tard:

Just postwhore, instead of eating.  :cbc:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2141 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »
Cars are so low to the ground you can hardly see anything compared to my van
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2142 on: February 12, 2014, 12:13:38 AM »
All that aside - I feel that no one can help me with any of that!  My daughter is my daughter and she is way stronger than I am in spirit, but has a serious eating disorder, which is still being investigated ...

I can sympathise with her problem. I wouldn't regard it as an eating disorder, though, as it very much appears to be the more autistic problem having to do with unwanted tactile sensations.

My tactile sensitivity with food and touch has lessened through the years but I do remember when all I could eat had to feel exactly right or I would reject it, regardless of how hungry I was. There was nothing anyone could do and I most likely gave my parents quite a few grey hairs. Taste was always less of a problem, although I was quite picky in that respect, too.

Well, you know how they say, "it takes one to know one?"  Take a guess as to why and how I am so certain what is going on with her and her (mis-spoken) "eating disorder." The "eating dis-order" remark refers to how difficult it is to keep her well nourished, while trying to keep within the "boundaries" of her tactile needs.

My sensitivity to food (as well as most things that used to REALLY bother me) has lessened with age as well, but my tolerance for idiocy (normal people missing the essence of nature or science), aggressive behavior (bullying?) and just plain over-social misfits coming up to me (a total stranger) and starting to talk about NOTHING, has become more difficult for me to deal with upon establishing A RATHER OLD age and great degree of "experience" in these areas.

Hope she does better with "good" food soon!

Maybe I am just becoming a Grumpy Old Man.
 :dunno:

You're saying it as if it was a bad thing. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2143 on: February 15, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »
Cars are so low to the ground you can hardly see anything compared to my van
My car would be one of them. It is so low that it bottoms out on speed bumps.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #2144 on: February 16, 2014, 03:43:04 AM »
Today, finally, the wind isn't as hard as it was the last week (or so).
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.