Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84180 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2115 on: February 06, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »

That appears to be a single shot flint (MOST LIKELY) or match lock weapon, NOT a shotgun.

Our, then sitting, Vice President "accidentally" shot his opponent with a shotgun to the upper chest. It did NOT take. The man survived. (Hell, he could not even do that right, FFS!) Doubt a more primitive weapon would assist him.

He should have tried the Governator Method.

It's a musket.

That is what I said. I was simply a tad more specific.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2116 on: February 06, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »

Problems at the cinema yesterday--the right half of the curtain came loose and wouldn't close, once opened.

We spent most of the night fixing it, which involved building scaffolding on the proscenium and stitching the leather strap that had come loose from the sleigh that is supposed to pull the curtain along its tracks. Because I have a morning show, I've slept less than two hours since.

in awe ...

Is this your theatre?

It is indeed.

It's a beautiful theatre, but now vandalised by its current owners. For fifty years, it was largely unaltered from its 1960 state--it was built in 1956 but modified for the Cinerama large-screen format, which is why the curtain tracks have that weird shape, to allow for a deeply curved screen.

More about the theatre here.

Beautiful!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2117 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »

More like a mantra to my daughter than a random observation of one day.  A continuing instruction:

CATSUP/KETCHUP IS NOT A VEGETABLE!!!!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2118 on: February 06, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »

More like a mantra to my daughter than a random observation of one day.  A continuing instruction:

And it stains almost as much as mustard.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #2119 on: February 06, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »

And doesn't taste near as good.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2120 on: February 06, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »
It's cold in here. Again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2121 on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:41 AM »

Some would disagree. The issue has its own Wikipedia page. :P Link
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #2122 on: February 07, 2014, 06:00:34 AM »
It has been raining, quite heavy at times, all morning long. Now, at 1 o'clock, it's starting to get a little bit brighter.

Hope I can run my errands (on bike) without getting wet later this afternoon.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2123 on: February 07, 2014, 06:10:21 AM »
Here it is a soft rain, all day. Nothing heavy, that was tonight, but rain, soft, soaking rain. Perfect rain after a summer drought. :P
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2124 on: February 08, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »
It's cold in here. Again.

Yeah, ROGER that! Cold here too.

It was fourteen below zero Fahrenheit (negative twenty five and some in Centigrade) this morning. We have had the snowiest winter on record except for three, mostly a century ago.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2125 on: February 08, 2014, 12:55:39 AM »

Some would disagree. The issue has its own Wikipedia page. :P Link

Disagree ALL YOU WANT, BUT  try raising a child to eat properly who will not eat anything that does not pass the squish test.

I "pray" that my daughter never finds that page.

She is so brilliant, but yet so autistic.  She is averted from food which does not pass the squish test. YES, she always puts her hands into her food before she picks up a fork. Squish test is like GOD.  She will not like the foood if it does not feel right.

Catsup feels right. Certain noodles are OK, certain others are not OK. Breads are usually fine, but how do you raise a child with proper nutrition who only eats bread and noodles and an occasional cheese with the random peanut butter sandwich thrown in for curiosity and sometimes a toast with PBJ?

Yes, we have already gone nuts with mineral and vitamin enriched peanut butters homemade and made our own with kale mixed in or mixtures of grains.

If it feels right, then she will eat it.

When she was young, like toddling, she would NOT eat anything we made, but would eat any worm or insect she found in the garden. If it was not winter, everything frozen, etc, if I could spike her PBJs with insects and worms from the garden?

I have got to figure a way to get protein into this child's body, aside from PBJs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:17:18 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2126 on: February 08, 2014, 01:24:23 AM »
All that aside - I feel that no one can help me with any of that!  My daughter is my daughter and she is way stronger than I am in spirit, but has a serious eating disorder, which is still being investigated ...

My real random observation of this day is that, for the first time in about three years, TODAY, I was able to kick near my chin height during my work out. My martial arts are coming back to me.

I have kept my upper body healthy during this healing time, but to have my lower body come back to me is huge.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2127 on: February 08, 2014, 04:13:19 AM »
Would she still eat insects, DD?

My oldest is completely grossed out when I tell her what she used to feed on in the garden. She lived on snails, slugs and worms too.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2128 on: February 08, 2014, 04:28:34 AM »
This morning, I opened my curtains, and saw the shed of my neighbour had been burned down. Black wooden beams, and a bit of roofing were left on blackened walls. This shed is maybe 25 meters from my house. The fire alley between my lot and the lot of the backdoor neighbour has been laced with white and red ribbons, keeping people out.
How did I miss this?
It was all intact last Thursday night. Must have happened yesterday, and I was home all day.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2129 on: February 08, 2014, 05:16:11 AM »
All that aside - I feel that no one can help me with any of that!  My daughter is my daughter and she is way stronger than I am in spirit, but has a serious eating disorder, which is still being investigated ...

I can sympathise with her problem. I wouldn't regard it as an eating disorder, though, as it very much appears to be the more autistic problem having to do with unwanted tactile sensations.

My tactile sensitivity with food and touch has lessened through the years but I do remember when all I could eat had to feel exactly right or I would reject it, regardless of how hungry I was. There was nothing anyone could do and I most likely gave my parents quite a few grey hairs. Taste was always less of a problem, although I was quite picky in that respect, too.

I can't be the only one here to have had that problem, can I?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein