Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84180 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2100 on: January 30, 2014, 05:11:51 AM »
Grey is teh secksy. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2101 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54:13 AM »
  I'm getting quite a few gray hairs!  But they don't show much because they're very fine, like the rest of my hair,
   and far apart.  My mother at this age (47) was already significantly gray.  I still have a lot of brown hair.  :prude:

Yea for grey!
(there is no grey option in the Change Colour)

Yes, there is. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2102 on: January 31, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »
There was no traffic today in an area that's almost always full of it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2103 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:23 AM »

Problems at the cinema yesterday--the right half of the curtain came loose and wouldn't close, once opened.

We spent most of the night fixing it, which involved building scaffolding on the proscenium and stitching the leather strap that had come loose from the sleigh that is supposed to pull the curtain along its tracks. Because I have a morning show, I've slept less than two hours since.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2104 on: February 02, 2014, 07:41:12 AM »
That's a great photo.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2105 on: February 02, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »
It is quite a lovely theatre.  I noticed the mermaid and turtle on the curtain.  Do they get cold?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2106 on: February 02, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
That is a beautiful curtain. My sympathies, nonetheless.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2107 on: February 02, 2014, 10:10:45 PM »

Problems at the cinema yesterday--the right half of the curtain came loose and wouldn't close, once opened.

We spent most of the night fixing it, which involved building scaffolding on the proscenium and stitching the leather strap that had come loose from the sleigh that is supposed to pull the curtain along its tracks. Because I have a morning show, I've slept less than two hours since.

in awe ...

Is this your theatre?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2108 on: February 02, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »
Grey is teh secksy. :M

Nah.

As far as dead or diminished to veggy states (remember, I am old and most who I have ever known are already dead), the family of Greys with whom I grew up, has lost more by a fairly large margin.

To me, being Grey means dying too young.
 :'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2109 on: February 02, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
Pete Seeger passed away at 94 years old

RIP with godspeed.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2110 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

That appears to be a single shot flint (MOST LIKELY) or match lock weapon, NOT a shotgun.

Our, then sitting, Vice President "accidentally" shot his opponent with a shotgun to the upper chest. It did NOT take. The man survived. (Hell, he could not even do that right, FFS!) Doubt a more primitive weapon would assist him.

He should have tried the Governator Method.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2111 on: February 05, 2014, 12:40:44 AM »

in awe ...

Is this your theatre?

It is indeed.

It's a beautiful theatre, but now vandalised by its current owners. For fifty years, it was largely unaltered from its 1960 state--it was built in 1956 but modified for the Cinerama large-screen format, which is why the curtain tracks have that weird shape, to allow for a deeply curved screen.

More about the theatre here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2112 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:47 AM »

That appears to be a single shot flint (MOST LIKELY) or match lock weapon, NOT a shotgun.

Our, then sitting, Vice President "accidentally" shot his opponent with a shotgun to the upper chest. It did NOT take. The man survived. (Hell, he could not even do that right, FFS!) Doubt a more primitive weapon would assist him.

He should have tried the Governator Method.

It's a musket.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2113 on: February 05, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »
Wow!  We've come up in the world.

The dinosaurs are coming. "Jurassic World," Universal Pictures' long-awaited "Jurassic Park" sequel -- and the subject of months of rumors and speculation -- will shoot in New Orleans for 11 weeks starting June 2, according to the latest production update from the Louisiana film office.

In mid-January, "Terminator 5" was confirmed to be bringing Arnold Schwarzenegger and company to town for an extended shoot. Filming on that Paramount-backed project is expected to last from April 21 to Aug. 1.

Pre-Production

Bad Ass 3 -- The independent feature film Bad Ass 3 starring Danny Trejo and Danny Glover will shoot Feb. 3 through March 1 in Baton Rouge.

Fantastic Four -- Fox feature film Fantastic Four starring Michael B. Jordan will begin shooting March 24 in Baton Rouge.

Get Hard -- Warner Bros. feature film Get Hard starring Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart will shoot March 17 in New Orleans.

Mind Puppet -- Itaca Films feature film Mind Puppet will shoot March 10 in New Orleans. More information will become available as this production develops. (I've seen the direction signs around the neighborhood.)

The Best of Me -- Relativity Films feature film The Best of Me will shoot March 6 for 42 days in New Orleans.

The D Train -- The independent feature film The D Train is scheduled to shoot Feb. 10 for 23 days in New Orleans.

Wraith -- The independent feature film Wraith, will shoot Feb. 3-28 in Kenner.

Filming

Cat Run 2 -- The independent feature film Cat Run 2 will shoot Jan. 13 in New Orleans.

Midnight Special -- Warner Bros. feature film Midnight Special starring Kirsten Dunst and Michael Shannon will shoot Jan. 20 for 40 days in New Orleans.

Mississippi Grind -- Sycamore Pictures feature film Mississippi Grind starring Ryan Reynolds and Sienna Miller will shoot January 29-March 6 in New Orleans.

Salem -- Fox feature film Salem starring Shane West is filming November 4th through May 2014 in Shreveport.

Zipper -- The independent feature film Zipper will shoot Jan. 21-Feb. 21 in Baton Rouge.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2114 on: February 06, 2014, 01:06:02 AM »
My coworkers, unfortunately, are idiots. I'm sure they can't help it, but it's patently obvious that they are, in fact, idiots.

I need to locate the let off some steam thread and let loose.  :grrr:

- Albert Einstein