Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84184 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2055 on: January 22, 2014, 11:00:59 PM »
Not sure if this is DirtDawg's daughter, but I thought there was a commonality.

http://cheezburger.com/8014019072

Naw!

If I revealed the crush she has on the internet guy, you would wonder why I still try.  ... but maybe not. She has a mind of her own, right? I have taught her well and she is smart, right?

She is just now thirteen and fully an awesome looking woman, but she is thirteen, yet she is JUST thirteen, still she is only thirteen, though she is as yet, just thirteen, however, she is still only thirteen. 

WAIT, did I mention that she just last month turned thirteen? Well, OK, Then I am just going to stress it a bit more strongly She JUST turned thirteen. 
Why are you not listening? She just turned thirteen!  LOOK AT MEE!!She JUST turned thirteen! STOP looking at her!!

Yeah, BIG time!  I have issues. (are these Daddy issues or Daughter issues? -- I am not a psychologist. I just know I have a very large need to PROTECT my daughter from all predators.)

Back to topic:

This was NOT random. It has been ongoing for a year or so.  My daughter is incredibly beautiful and so loving and caring and trusting that she is in danger.
I worry.

Imagine the father terror this coming year is likely to create. I would never wish upon anyone an ugly daughter, to have one this beautiful at such a young age? Seriously?

EDIT:  I am blessed with an unbelievably beautiful daughter, but I am also on watch! Finding the balance will be the most difficult part in the coming years.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:04:46 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2056 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

Next time you try to tickle me, use a feather, not a HOT fire poker.

:police:

:LOL:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2057 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:20 PM »
Well, so much for posting a muddy tweet.  I  meant that your daughter was the one with the heavy metal playlist.  Mine is the one who has a crush on Big Time Rush.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2058 on: January 22, 2014, 11:36:33 PM »
A few days ago I had a student from my intro to human services class rant at me for charging her with plagiarism. It's her third charge which means that she will be expelled if it is upheld. I've been so busy I didn't have time to reflect on the irony of the situation until today.

The first time she plagiarized word for word from the internet. She got explanatory materials from the provost and I told her what she needed to do if she used published sources.

The second and third times she plagiarized from the same online document.

Her source? The code of ethics for human services workers.

The irony is staggering.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2059 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:04 PM »

Naw!

If I revealed the crush she has on the internet guy, you would wonder why I still try.  ... but maybe not. She has a mind of her own, right? I have taught her well and she is smart, right?

She is just now thirteen and fully an awesome looking woman, but she is thirteen, yet she is JUST thirteen, still she is only thirteen, though she is as yet, just thirteen, however, she is still only thirteen. 

WAIT, did I mention that she just last month turned thirteen? Well, OK, Then I am just going to stress it a bit more strongly She JUST turned thirteen. 
Why are you not listening? She just turned thirteen!  LOOK AT MEE!!She JUST turned thirteen! STOP looking at her!!

Yeah, BIG time!  I have issues. (are these Daddy issues or Daughter issues? -- I am not a psychologist. I just know I have a very large need to PROTECT my daughter from all predators.)

Back to topic:

This was NOT random. It has been ongoing for a year or so.  My daughter is incredibly beautiful and so loving and caring and trusting that she is in danger.
I worry.

Imagine the father terror this coming year is likely to create. I would never wish upon anyone an ugly daughter, to have one this beautiful at such a young age? Seriously?

EDIT:  I am blessed with an unbelievably beautiful daughter, but I am also on watch! Finding the balance will be the most difficult part in the coming years.

Just beat the boyfriends up as a preventive measure. Tell them it's for their own good.

I have a daughter, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2060 on: January 23, 2014, 12:58:32 AM »
Well, so much for posting a muddy tweet.  I  meant that your daughter was the one with the heavy metal playlist.  Mine is the one who has a crush on Big Time Rush.

TBH, my daughter listens to a lot of the same music I listen to, like Joe Satriani (I used to dance her around, bouncing her, violently, promoting vestibular stimulation - which she desperately needed, with Joe about as loud as I felt comfortable with kid's ears), Jimi Hendrix (Foxy Lady is her favorite, but she also loves Voodoo Child - long version), Tony McAlpine (again dancing with her, when I could still pick her up), even more "modern" things (LOL) that I love like Alanis Morrisette (yep we danced).

Last summer, I took her to her first live concert with Jason Bonham opening for Heart. I could no longer pick her up, but we still danced in the grass to rock and roll and (of course, I looked like the grandfather image, but fuck it, I was having a great day!!) we stayed to the bitter end. It was awesome! Father and daughter time, unique, special and never to be repeated. She does like hard rock, but not so much metal. She HATES rap and hip hop.

She is "the apple of my eye," what ever the fuck that means.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2061 on: January 23, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »
water does freeze below 32 degrees

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2062 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:27 AM »

Naw!

Back to topic:

I worry.

Just beat the boyfriends up as a preventive measure. Tell them it's for their own good.

I have a daughter, too.

It's time to start conspicuously cleaning guns in the house. :tooledup:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2063 on: January 23, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »

Naw!

Back to topic:

I worry.

I have a daughter, too.

Just for show, right?

All my guns are already immaculately clean and well oiled.

Wait, this advice changes nothing. I often "clean my guns,"  for no reason other than ...

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2064 on: January 23, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »

Naw!

Back to topic:

I worry.

I have a daughter, too.

Just for show, right?

All my guns are already immaculately clean and well oiled.

Wait, this advice changes nothing. I often "clean my guns,"  for no reason other than ...

Mine is about a month younger than yours, DD. But also a stunning beauty, with everything in the right place. Almost 13.
Half a year ago a 16 yo wanted to be her BF. Good-looking guy too. He's not the first falling for her, but, the oldest trying to date her.

So far she is smart about this. She's a tomboy, in skirts, a kid and she knows she is a kid. Just one that looks like Audrey Hepburn.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2065 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:12 AM »

I know why they say that lightning never strikes twice (a misconstrued hope, I think, because lightning DOES occasionally strike twice).

They say this because lightning is almost always right the first time and almost never needs a second try.

We had snow lightning last night. It is fucking seven below zero Fahrenheit, lightly snowing all day and into the night and we have lightning. WTF! I heard thunder!  I thought it was a truck wreck or something. When I went out to see WTF, I saw a huge bolt of lightning hit the grain elevator. I was amazed.
I watched as the grain elevator down the street got hit by lightning two more times.

Usually lightning gets it right the first time.   :dunno:

I dreamed about that when I dozed a bit this morning.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2066 on: January 23, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »

Mine is about a month younger than yours, DD. But also a stunning beauty, with everything in the right place. Almost 13.
Half a year ago a 16 yo wanted to be her BF. Good-looking guy too. He's not the first falling for her, but, the oldest trying to date her.

So far she is smart about this. She's a tomboy, in skirts, a kid and she knows she is a kid. Just one that looks like Audrey Hepburn.

I feel like offering you empathy, but, I am more inclined to offer you hope and let you know that for all MY anxiety, I am pretty sure we (me AND you AND Odeon) have done our best for our beautiful daughters and that they are fully equipped to make rational (read as: Grown Up) choices.

:hug:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:38:18 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2067 on: January 23, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »

Naw!

Back to topic:

I worry.

I have a daughter, too.

MY dad used to DO just that...right at the kitchen table, never saying a word. :GA:

Every boyfriend I had was terrified of him. :LOL:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2068 on: January 23, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »

I feel like offering you empathy, but, I am more inclined to offer you hope and let you know that for all MY anxiety, I am pretty sure we (me AND you AND Odeon) have done our best for our beautiful daughters and that they are fully equipped to make rational (read as: Grown Up) choices.

:hug:
And we still have some time, to help them when they fall and get up again. Anxious, sure, more for my youngest than for my oldest (she just turned 16, and when people see her, they think she is way older, because she walks as if it is unthinkable that she would be anyone else than she is). Anxious, but also proud, and amazed. And glad they still have some time, before they have to face the world on their own.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2069 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
water does freeze below 32 degrees

whisky won' t freeze in a freezer.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: