Author Topic: Things you will never "get" in life  (Read 4489 times)

Frolic_Fun

Things you will never "get" in life
« on: January 27, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
...any why.

1. Football - Boring as fuck, repetitive and dull.
2. Discussions about Football - Why do people give a fuck about pampered faggots who are grossly overpaid?
3. People spending 1000s on something because "it looks nice", ie. Gucci handbags.
4. Going to the pub - Smelly shitholes that are full of drunken old codgers. If I wanted to get pissed, I'd stay at home. If I wanted to see my mates, I'd invite them over.
5. Hipsters - Their irony pisses me off. The whole novelty wore off ages ago.
6. Local musicians - dull pretentious shite. Indie my arse. :wanker:
7. Utter devotion or snobbery in a hobby that sucks the fun out of it, ie. film snobs in photography.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Things you will never "get" in life
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
Religion
Attraction to fat people
Cookery books
People who only read fiction
Licking people's arse
Fake tan

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
Everything Schleed mentioned and in addition:

8. Pacifism. You won't overthrow something really bad with peaceful means, which any moron should understand. Sometimes violence is necessary.
9. Religion. That you believe in something completely irrational without even (at least in most cases, I guess) being a "real" nutjob.
10. "Friendship" with some bitch that dumped you for an idiot.
11. Circumcision. The foreskin is there for a reason.
12. Blind faith in the state. As stupid as religion, or even worse, since it's even more unlikely that a human of flesh and blood would be perfect than that a god would.
13. The belief that we have democracy in the sense that "average people" really have some power.
14. Political correctness. Like someone said, PC is the belief that you actually might be able to pick up a turd at the clean end. Often paired with pacifism.
15. Why most women always think that this and that is "cosy", like drinking coffee in a certain café.
16. Small talk, often merged with its close relative, the lie.  

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
1. Religion - If I can't see it or touch it, I've got a problem believing in it.

2. Football - Grown men running around in tights chasing a ball and slapping each other on the ass. On second thought... :zoinks:

3. Marriage - Why?

4. Decaf, lite beer, & non-alcoholic wine - Pointless.

5. Minivans -  :zombiefuck:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »
1.  People who need to 'find themselves'  -  wtf?

2.  Feng Shui  -   just stick it over there and stfu

3.  Suicide Bombers -  how do they prepare themselves mentally

4.  Bullfighting

5.  X Factor and Britains got talent -  why do people watch such drivel   !!!

6.  Soap opera's

7.  Jazz music
blah blah blah

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »
:LMAO: :plus:

Osensitive1

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
People - Because some days this fact is so alarmingly apparent.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
I don't get the whole fixation so many women seem to have upon getting
engaged and married  :wedding: , not entirely out of love for the guy, but out of
  a.) a need for validation of themselves as women,
  b.) material greed, especially for a diamond ring that their peers will envy, and
  c.) a lifelong dream of having a "fairytale wedding" and "feeling like a princess."

I joke at work that if I ever do get married, I'll probably plan a lunchtime elopement to City Hall,
followed by a return to work for the rest of the afternoon!   :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 06:01:27 AM »
engaged and married  :wedding: , not entirely out of love for the guy, but out of
  b.) material greed, especially for a diamond ring that their peers will envy, and
  c.) a lifelong dream of having a "fairytale wedding" and "feeling like a princess."

I joke at work that if I ever do get married, I'll probably plan a lunchtime elopement to City Hall,
:agreed:  weddings cost thousands, for just one day!!!  some people save up for years,  no i just don't get it either
blah blah blah

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 08:22:51 AM »
Bigger the wedding, quicker the divorce.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »
I 'get' all of these things, at least as far as understanding why other people engage in these activities.  I find it easy to imagine myself in different psychological states, and there are states in which it would make perfect sense for me to enjoy watching a football match, or be devoutly religious, or lick the rancid ass-drippings from road kill.  Although I have no interest in football matches, I can imagine myself identifying with a team to the point that I feel joy and grief at the progress of the match, and imagine the exhilaration of feeling like part of a group, the feelings of aggression towards supporters of the opposing team and other aspects of what I'd experience if I was a different person with a different psychological profile.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »
Bigger the wedding, quicker the divorce.

:lol:

Matrimonial longevity = Wedding Size(cube root of pi - if you do not see why, then go get married)/ :violin: :wanker: :screwy: (tooth paste tube middle squeezing)(refrigerator cluttering)(toe nail hygiene)(food smacking)      ... a  theorised formula, mind you.

Those variables, ill-defined by smilies and set in parentheses, represent very large numbers dividing the expected longevity  of matrimonial bliss. The afterglow ain't what it's cracked up to be. LOL

According to most calculations, any particular marriage, regardless of the wedding, stands a very small chance of succeeding.

:hahaha:

(married folk)(the rest of the world)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:59:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »

:agreed:  weddings cost thousands, for just one day!!!  some people save up for years,  no i just don't get it either

I'd rather use the money to buy a house.  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »

I'd rather use the money to buy a house.  :thumbup:

I had the diamond ring and also the wedding, but just not a very expensive one.

My husband bought me the diamond ring and he was the one who very much wanted a wedding, since he had never had one before.

I would have married him anywhere if it would have been just us, but if he wanted an actual wedding, I wanted it to be in the church I grew up in.

I'm sure that it was probably the most expensive party we have ever thrown in our lives, but I think the whole affair cost less than $2000 including the wedding dress, which was a handmade copy of an old Victorian dress my aunt found in her attic and gave to my mother, who gave it to me.  The lace and buttons were still intact, but the cloth was rotten and falling apart, so I bought new cloth, which cost around $200, and had a seamstress friend make it for me.  I planned to make it myself and carefully took apart the old dress to reuse the old lace and the buttons and use the rest as a pattern for the new dress, but I spazzed when it was time to cut the new cloth, which cost $10 a yard.  At that time, it was the most expensive cloth I had ever bought.