Author Topic: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?  (Read 11832 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
thanks, I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »
Knives and cars all serve an obvious (non-violent ) purpose. Guns don;t. If guns were used as inhalers for athsmatic people, cool. But they're not. They're used TO shoot people

And why do school shootings not provide a good enough reason to end your ridiculous gun laws? Kids killing each other sure seems like something I'd wanna stop if it was goign on like that in my countrty

Let's say we ended the Second amendment. Do you know what would happen??

Guns would start pouring ascoss the border with Mexico. Fuck, we can't keep 12,000,000 beaners out of our country, how could we stop the flow of illegal guns??

TRUMP CARD!!! Check and mate.

:respect:

Illegal guns are possibly not the problem. Most of the gun problems that we hear about in America come from guns that are owned legally. If guns are illegal it won't stop gun crime, but it might help to keep it away from law abiding citizens.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2011, 10:33:43 PM »
To me it seems that the costs of being a gun-totting society far outway the benefits. If I am right guns should be illegal. If I am wrong then obviously they should be legal. I've yet to see a cinvincing argument that American society benefits from it's gun laws.

:O_o:

I posted the abstract of an actual scientific study earlier in this thread. The study concluded that guns do, in fact, benefit American society.

It's the middle of the night here. We likely can't be arsed reading it. Can you summarise it in one or two points?

The study was performed in the US. It concluded that:
1. Guns do not significantly increase accidental death rates.
2. 1,500 murders, 4,000 rapes, 11,000 robberies and 60,000 aggravated assaults were avoided yearly due to the availability of guns to the population.
3. The proliferation of guns saved society a net amount of $5.74 billion dollars annually.

This is very much simplified. The original post is here.

If guns stop crime, then why does America have the highest incarceration rate in the world?

Osensitive1

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »
why does America have the highest incarceration rate in the world?
Because we have faggoty drug laws.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »

What do you find faggoty about your drug laws?

Osensitive1

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »

That was a bit of a joke because of the title of this thread. Over 20 percent of prisoners in the US are non violent drug offenders. I'm not a drug user either, but do think the current ways aren't working, but that's another can of worms.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:44:46 PM by Osensitive1 »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »

That was a bit of a joke because of the title of this thread. Over 20 percent of prisoners in the US are non violent drug offenders

Yeah. Locking up non violent drug offenders is not cool.

It's easy for the rest of the world to look at America and see how bad it is. Truth is, our country, and probably most others are pretty screwed up aswell.

For instance, over here I hate the way a group of people can kick an innocent person to death for lulz and be out of jail within 5 years. America is too right-wing in my eyes, but we should be dfar tougher on serious violent crime.

Osensitive1

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2011, 10:59:17 PM »
Agreed. There's something fishy in the water no matter where one is. I think most people anywhere just want to be able to pay their bills and live their lives with as little crap from others as possible. Sucky people and sucky systems will always be out there though.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »
Knives and cars all serve an obvious (non-violent ) purpose. Guns don;t. If guns were used as inhalers for athsmatic people, cool. But they're not. They're used TO shoot people

And why do school shootings not provide a good enough reason to end your ridiculous gun laws? Kids killing each other sure seems like something I'd wanna stop if it was goign on like that in my countrty

Some people like my brother use guns to hunt for food.

He has a large piece of land where he and his children can hunt deer.  Both of the kids killed a deer last hunting season.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »

He has a large piece of land where he and his children can hunt deer.  Both of the kids killed a deer last hunting season.

My brother got back today from duck hunting in RI though more of a sport though for him
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

I suppose that is one big difference between Britain and America. You seem to have more people who live offf the land in America, who need to use guns. We have plenty of farmers here who need touse guns. I think they need a license to own a gun. Same with game-keepers and anybody else who needs a gun.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »
Admittedly, some types of weapons must be registered with the federal government and some types of weaponry are restricted, but at  least Law Abiding Americans can carry our own means of self defense, for the most part.

What are you talking about?

Are you making a reference to the "Arizona shooting"  or something? 

If so, then you must understand that Arizona Representative Gilfords was a liberal. Arizona is mostly a conservative state, although the voting has not shown this recently. One retard took things into his own hands instead of using his right to vote. This is sad, but it had nothing to do with gun laws.

DO NOT ATTEMPT SPIN THIS TRAGEDY AS BEING ABOUT GUN LAWS< PLEASE>.

Guns do not kill people. People do!

Arizona Representative Gilfords is a conservative democrat. In fact she is a Blue Dog.

The guy that shot her was just nutz.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2011, 07:25:16 PM »
Admittedly, some types of weapons must be registered with the federal government and some types of weaponry are restricted, but at  least Law Abiding Americans can carry our own means of self defense, for the most part.

What are you talking about?

Are you making a reference to the "Arizona shooting"  or something? 

If so, then you must understand that Arizona Representative Gilfords was a liberal. Arizona is mostly a conservative state, although the voting has not shown this recently. One retard took things into his own hands instead of using his right to vote. This is sad, but it had nothing to do with gun laws.

DO NOT ATTEMPT SPIN THIS TRAGEDY AS BEING ABOUT GUN LAWS< PLEASE>.

Guns do not kill people. People do!

Arizona Representative Gilfords is a conservative democrat. In fact she is a Blue Dog.

The guy that shot her was just nutz.

I do agree with your stating that the guy who shot her was nutz.  Obviously, in a land of laws there can be no accounting for expressing oneself outside the law.

In opposition to this position there can be no question worthy of response.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
Those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't.

When you are unarmed, you are a victim waiting to happen.

If a criminal doesn't victimize you then the government will, because those 2 are largely the same thing.

Except for the wellfare-state side of it (which is financed by the taxes of the working people and not by the ones in charge, by the way) the goverment is worse. The mafia just wants some 10-20% of your money. The government doesn't just want much more than that in money but literally wants to control 10000 details in your life, out of which about 9990 is absolutely none of their business.

TheoK

« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
And how is having a gun gonna protect me from the govt/? Should I go shoot up Parliament? :tinfoil:

Yes.

Why do you think the US, Switzerland and the Czech Republic have the most liberal gun laws in the world, while private guns are totally banned in China and North Korea and you get capital punishment for illegal (i.e. all) possession of one? Because the governments in China and North Korea want to prevent school shootings? Or might it be that the leaders of China and North Korea are very aware of the fact that the people would slaughter them like the tyrants and waste of oxygen that they are, if they just got a fair chance to do it?