Educational

Author Topic: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.  (Read 16619 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2011, 03:39:47 AM »
What is your claim to fame?  Ever rub shoulder's with any
famous peeps?  Or any live bands you seen?

I once touched the goalkeeper at Arsenal's bum.  It was a nice bum
but i didn't really get a good grip.  That's about all from me.
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2011, 04:26:11 AM »
There was a little shop in Benicia CA that sold stuff for horror movie buffs, back in maybe 2005 or 06 I was hanging out with a friend/union brother and we were wasting the day in Benicia and I saw a Pinhead (from Hellraiser) t shirt that I wanted. I told the clerk I wanted it and while the clerk was getting my size this really tall guy with short gray hair and beard started shushing us out of the store. I told him "I'm not leaving without buying this shirt" and he looked surprised and the clerk got it rung up, I paid and left. It turns out that the tall guy was Richard Moll, Bull from Night Court, and they were filming a low budget horror film there. My friend Warren was laughing his ass off outside and told me who Moll was. That is the only famous person I have ever met, although a cousin in Oregon is now a published author and she may get famous.

Bands seen live, Pablo Cruz, Journey, Robin Trower, Pink Floyd, The Outlaws, Peter Frampton, Santana, Lynyrd Skynyrd (pre death), Heart, Montrose, Van Halen, Uriah Heep, Earthquake, Jethro Tull, Jefferson Starship, Lacy J. Dalton, Kris Kristoferson, Billy Swan, George Jones I think that's all. About the mid 1980s I realized that without booze or dope in my system I hate crowds so I don't do concerts anymore.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2011, 07:51:24 AM »
What should I to do with some ammo I found in a box from my brother in stuff I had to sell up at the market.  I have a couple very old ones from the 1800's I have as part of a collection but these appear to be very new and in nice shape.  The stock answer I get is drop it off at the police station but I don't go in that building and all they would do is destroy them.  I figure someone who does their own reloading could use them should I ask at a gun store if they want them?  I get the occasional 22 round in boxes of tools but those are usually beat and very small I throw them in my fire barrel when I have it going as they are not powerful enough to get through it :green: But these look to be>

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »
What should I to do with some ammo I found in a box from my brother in stuff I had to sell up at the market.  I have a couple very old ones from the 1800's I have as part of a collection but these appear to be very new and in nice shape.  The stock answer I get is drop it off at the police station but I don't go in that building and all they would do is destroy them.  I figure someone who does their own reloading could use them should I ask at a gun store if they want them?  I get the occasional 22 round in boxes of tools but those are usually beat and very small I throw them in my fire barrel when I have it going as they are not powerful enough to get through it :green: But these look to be>

Throwing those in your fire barrel would be  :viking:

P7PSP

« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »

Measure them. If the case is 2.54" then you would appear to have 30-06 military ball. Get on your local state gun forum and see what they are going for at present and make a few bucks.

MLA, smokeless powder ammo doesn't go off real dramatically in a fire to to the lack of  confinement in a chamber/barrel. The primer would likely set off the powder increasing pressure until the 35(?) pounds of bullet crimp is over come at which point the bullet would pop out of the case and, on exposure to more cxygen and heat, the remaining powder would be consumed. On rare occasions the bullet might achieve a fair bit of velocity and create a hazard but I don't expect that would be the norm.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2011, 05:04:09 PM »

Measure them. If the case is 2.54" then you would appear to have 30-06 military ball. Get on your local state gun forum and see what they are going for at present and make a few bucks.

MLA, smokeless powder ammo doesn't go off real dramatically in a fire to to the lack of  confinement in a chamber/barrel. The primer would likely set off the powder increasing pressure until the 35(?) pounds of bullet crimp is over come at which point the bullet would pop out of the case and, on exposure to more cxygen and heat, the remaining powder would be consumed. On rare occasions the bullet might achieve a fair bit of velocity and create a hazard but I don't expect that would be the norm.

That's no fun  :thumbdn:

I once accidentally set off a 12 gauge shell in a campfire, but I suspect that the plastic melted and the shot didn't actually go anywhere.  Scared the shit out of me though.

P7PSP

« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »
Yeah, primers by themselves are very loud and some of the powder likely contributed to the racket.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »
Will look closer at them when I dig them out again next time I go to the market
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »

Make them into butt plugs for anal retentive people or for Eris to use?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »
The anal retentive don't need plugs. :M

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »
 :LMAO:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:24 AM »
You are a bad influence bringing vulgarity into my thread QV.  :lol:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »
The anal retentive don't need plugs. :M

:rofl:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
You are a bad influence bringing vulgarity into my thread QV.  :lol:

Well, Lady Weeble made me do it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2011, 05:59:24 PM »
That figures. We can say bad stuff about her while she is gone.  >:D :lol: