Author Topic: IntensityCubed!!??  (Read 2641 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: IntensityCubed!!??
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »
I am drunk so this might not make a lot of sense. Sorry. :-[

The only real problem I have with this site is that there are too many different forums and when my "recent unread topics" gets scrubbed I can never find the threads I was involved in. Creating more would make me even more confused :laugh:

I had the same problem when I first got here. It can be hard to keep track of all the different conversations around here.

The thing I like most about this site is it's lack of moderation. I think there are already moderated boards for aspies. I choose this one because it's not moderated. If I had been forced to join the unmoderated section first, I would probably have got bored and left before I ever got accepted to the unmoderated section.

The way I would do it, you wouldn't have to wait, after you joined, you'd simply request to be added to the "Shark infested water" usergroup.
There would be no minimum posts, just join and ask to be added. This gives those who choose not to participate the free-for-all, the option to be free of it.

I think what you're saying could be a good idea, although I don't think moderating it would be a good idea. I'm not sure if what you're saying would revolutionize the site, or just refine it slightly.

OK. Sorry, drunken ramble over. I'll maybe add to this when I've sobered up.

This isn't something to be ADDED to this site, this is a proposal for a whole new site.

So, would this be the same site, or a new site? How would Odeon feel about it? Would there be an I2, aswell as an I3?

Different site. odeon really doesn't want to fuck with I2. A portion was offered, but would probably be unworkable. Better IntensityCubed be started from scratch.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

The only real problem I have with this site is that there are too many different forums and when my "recent unread topics" gets scrubbed I can never find the threads I was involved in. Creating more would make me even more confused :laugh:

I had the same problem when I first got here. It can be hard to keep track of all the different conversations around here.

The thing I like most about this site is it's lack of moderation. I think there are already moderated boards for aspies. I choose this one because it's not moderated. If I had been forced to join the unmoderated section first, I would probably have got bored and left before I ever got accepted to the unmoderated section.

The way I would do it, you wouldn't have to wait, after you joined, you'd simply request to be added to the "Shark infested water" usergroup.
There would be no minimum posts, just join and ask to be added. This gives those who choose not to participate the free-for-all, the option to be free of it.

I think what you're saying could be a good idea, although I don't think moderating it would be a good idea. I'm not sure if what you're saying would revolutionize the site, or just refine it slightly.

This isn't something to be ADDED to this site, this is a proposal for a whole new site.

So, would this be the same site, or a new site? How would Odeon feel about it? Would there be an I2, aswell as an I3?

Different site. odeon really doesn't want to fuck with I2. A portion was offered, but would probably be unworkable. Better IntensityCubed be started from scratch.

The ideas seem cool enough, but might it not stretch an already smallish membership a bit thin?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »

The ideas seem cool enough, but might it not stretch an already smallish membership a bit thin?

Being admin, odeon didn't want to see I2 be frigged around with, but was willing to see how it could work. That's if Scrap was willing to put the time and energy in to make it work. The number we have here is enough for what we want, if Scrap can get his own membership then we'd have to see what that would be like. As some fora have died, and some have multiple memberships, another new one isn't gonna be much different.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »

Being admin, odeon didn't want to see I2 be frigged around with, but was willing to see how it could work. That's if Scrap was willing to put the time and energy in to make it work. The number we have here is enough for what we want, if Scrap can get his own membership then we'd have to see what that would be like. As some fora have died, and some have multiple memberships, another new one isn't gonna be much different.

If it does happen, I'll definately drop in and say hello, and try having membership at both.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »

If it does happen, I'll definately drop in and say hello, and try having membership at both.

Given here took about 4 years to get to where it is, I3 will definitely take a long time too.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 04:45:12 AM »
I already tried I3 with Spasticity. Didn't work.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 07:32:13 AM »
I read it and gave it some thought and have come to the conclusion.

I like boobs too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
I already tried I3 with Spasticity. Didn't work.

How was Spasticity the same as what I'm proposing, how is it different??

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 09:27:51 AM »
How is it the same and different? That makes no sense.

Scrapheap

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »

FFS, go read my original post. I'm structuring a site in a specific manner, I'm not sure if it's been tried in the ASD community before.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:21 AM »
I'd be perfectly willing to help out any way I can. I think Scrap's idea is well worth trying.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 05:11:55 PM »

The wording was fucked. It was meant to be 2 completely different sentences.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
i believe it would be a good site but a real bitch to run.  If everyone respected the rules it would be easy but everyone always wants to push the limits 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:50 AM »
I'm pretty experienced when it comes to hosting on the forums and my style of advertising seems to work out quite well with Aspies Central, I could do the same with I3. :viking:
It could take a confusionator god to get it up and running, who knows?
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »