Author Topic: IntensityCubed!!??  (Read 2630 times)

Scrapheap

IntensityCubed!!??
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:31:49 PM »
 Well, here's the initial idea for an IntensityCubed. Any suggestions/input would be helpful.

The forms would be as follows:

WELCONE TO INTENSITYCUBED! Various site rules
       (This portion wold be moderated)
     THE SAFE HARBOR
      INTRODUCTIONS: Say hello and tell us a bit about yourself
       Child Boards: Ask Away Threads, Personal Blogs
      GENERAL DISCUSSION: Chat Away, just no personal attacks
       Child Board: Take it Outside (this is where you go if you get in a fight)
      ASD SUPPORT/AVDOCACY: Talk about your issues and possible solutions
       Child Boards:TBD

S.S. Smooth Sailing Talk about your interests (this would be moderated for on topic only)
      SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
      SPORTS, GAMES AND HOBBIES
      TV, MOVIES, MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT
      PERSONAL SUBMISSIONS
      POLITICS, PHILISOPHY AND CURRENT EVENTS

You would then have to request to join the usergroup for the last part of the site.  :evillaugh:

SHARK INFESTED WATERS (Intensitysquared portion of the site)
       SPAMFEST (basic discussion)
       SEX, DRUGS AND ROCK & ROLL
       ANTI-PHILOSOPHY, ANTI POLITICS AND MISANTHROPY

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: IntensityCubed!!??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
I am drunk so this might not make a lot of sense. Sorry. :-[

The only real problem I have with this site is that there are too many different forums and when my "recent unread topics" gets scrubbed I can never find the threads I was involved in. Creating more would make me even more confused :laugh:

The thing I like most about this site is it's lack of moderation. I think there are already moderated boards for aspies. I choose this one because it's not moderated. If I had been forced to join the unmoderated section first, I would probably have got bored and left before I ever got accepted to the unmoderated section.

I think what you're saying could be a good idea, although I don't think moderating it would be a good idea. I'm not sure if what you're saying would revolutionize the site, or just refine it slightly.

OK. Sorry, drunken ramble over. I'll maybe add to this when I've sobered up.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 05:47:44 PM »
Set it up as a separate forum, with you as admin, and take it from there. Then do what you want with it.

Saves fucking around with something that already works.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »

The only real problem I have with this site is that there are too many different forums and when my "recent unread topics" gets scrubbed I can never find the threads I was involved in. Creating more would make me even more confused :laugh:

The thing I like most about this site is it's lack of moderation. I think there are already moderated boards for aspies. I choose this one because it's not moderated. If I had been forced to join the unmoderated section first, I would probably have got bored and left before I ever got accepted to the unmoderated section.

I think what you're saying could be a good idea, although I don't think moderating it would be a good idea. I'm not sure if what you're saying would revolutionize the site, or just refine it slightly.

You actually post just fine when you're drunk!  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »

You actually post just fine when you're drunk!  :orly:

Thank you. Although I probably just got lucky with that post. I tend to have lose inhibitions when I'm drunk, and I'm more prone to talk crap :-[ :-[

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
I tend to have lose inhibitions when I'm drunk,

time to post yer boobs?  :2thumbsup:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »

I have no idea how drunk I'd have to be to do that. I'd imagine I'd be way too drunk to use a camera, and upload the pics :laugh: :laugh:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »

time to post yer boobs?  :2thumbsup:

I smell a derailing here.

BOOBS!! WE WANT BOOBS!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »

I have no idea how drunk I'd have to be to do that. I'd imagine I'd be way too drunk to use a camera, and upload the pics :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe you need to get your friend to help you  :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »

That's why you get your less drunk friend to help!  :eyebrows:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »

That's why you get your less drunk friend to help!  :eyebrows:

She's in bed. And if I asked her to help me she wouldn't let me. Anyway, I'm nowhere near drunk enough to even consider it. Sorry :-[ :-[

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »
Thread derailed successfully.

Well done.

Scrapheap

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »

I had the same problem when I first got here. It can be hard to keep track of all the different conversations around here.

The way I would do it, you wouldn't have to wait, after you joined, you'd simply request to be added to the "Shark infested water" usergroup.
There would be no minimum posts, just join and ask to be added. This gives those who choose not to participate the free-for-all, the option to be free of it.

This isn't something to be ADDED to this site, this is a proposal for a whole new site.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 10:02:08 PM »

I had the same problem when I first got here. It can be hard to keep track of all the different conversations around here.

The way I would do it, you wouldn't have to wait, after you joined, you'd simply request to be added to the "Shark infested water" usergroup.
There would be no minimum posts, just join and ask to be added. This gives those who choose not to participate the free-for-all, the option to be free of it.

This isn't something to be ADDED to this site, this is a proposal for a whole new site.

So, would this be the same site, or a new site? How would Odeon feel about it? Would there be an I2, aswell as an I3?

Scrapheap

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 10:06:03 PM »
So, would this be the same site, or a new site? How would Odeon feel about it? Would there be an I2, aswell as an I3?

Yes, it would be a whole new site. I'd like to get most of the regulars here over there just to test it out, along with new recruits form other large aspie sites.