Author Topic: Dancing with death  (Read 2759 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Dancing with death
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:16 PM »
I logged in for the first time in months last night. By the way, I've been laid up with a broko' since I crashed my motorbike. I get the plaster removed in a week - two weeks early. And to everyone who gives a fuck, the bike's okay.

Depends what kind of bike it is.  :orly:

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »
Just a broken ankle. It's more inconvenient than anything else. Sort of helped with getting the bike repairs done, since it wasn't like I was able to ride in the meantime. Getting the plaster removed on the 9th, couple of weeks early. It's a 93' GSXR 750. Here's a pic (before)

Scrapheap

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:24 AM »
Just a broken ankle. It's more inconvenient than anything else. Sort of helped with getting the bike repairs done, since it wasn't like I was able to ride in the meantime. Getting the plaster removed on the 9th, couple of weeks early. It's a 93' GSXR 750. Here's a pic (before)

GSXR 750 is a good bike!  :thumbup:

... of course if you were a REAL man, you'd sell it and get a Ducatti.  ::)  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »

I hope it's going to be OK.  It's good that you seem to be healing so well that you can have the cast removed two weeks early.

I sprained my ankle about 20 months ago and have had a lot of problems with it.  I had to have surgery on it last December to repair the ATFL which had still not healed by then and also to dig out the necrotic bone in my talus and microfracture it with a tiny hammer and awl.  It wasn't fun at all.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »
Yeah, it was all about what I could afford at the time. I was looking at Ducatti 595i, 1000cc (very nice) for $6000. The shops finance company wouldn't loan me 3 grand- so I ended up buying the gixxer, which is decent, just no 595  :headbang2:

Thanks, I'm getting there. I came close to having a bone in my wrist rebroken, cast, and set because the bone became cystuous, and I'd already had a six week, and two twelve week long terms with a plaster cast. They gave me one more 6 week one after that and they gave me the option of having the procedure, I said stuff it, I'll see how it goes.

I'll be back on my wheels, and feet in a week. Suffer the boredom until then.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 04:40:40 AM »
I logged in for the first time in months last night. By the way, I've been laid up with a broko' since I crashed my motorbike. I get the plaster removed in a week - two weeks early. And to everyone who gives a fuck, the bike's okay.
spoken like a true biker.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 06:18:42 AM »
Welcome back.  Just don't ask what's happened in the meantime.  It would take the Encyclopedia Brittanica to explain.

Or the Encyclopedia Dramatica.  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 07:39:10 PM »

born and bred :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:41:29 PM by InternationalGrandMaster. »

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »

What is your opinion of the Triumph triples like the 675 and 955??

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »

I haven't ridin any but from what I can tell they're slick because they're in line 3 cylinders make the bike appear much smaller than 1000cc's and from what I hear, have deadly power delivery.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
Haven't been on a motorcycle since I was less than 2.  A car pushed my dad and the motorcycle between a light pole and signal light pole.  The motorcycle was ruined, Dad spent a week in the hospital with a sand bag on his stomach to control the bleeding (1950's folks).  He got another motorcycle, but Mom forbade him to put me on a motorcycle again. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 11:48:17 PM »
Haven't been on a motorcycle since I was less than 2.  A car pushed my dad and the motorcycle between a light pole and signal light pole.  The motorcycle was ruined, Dad spent a week in the hospital with a sand bag on his stomach to control the bleeding (1950's folks).  He got another motorcycle, but Mom forbade him to put me on a motorcycle again.  
. . . and he never did  :zoinks:

I think your Mum was right to say that. They're an unnecessary risk. If I had kids of my own . . . hmm, I'd probably still put them on the back - but I wouldn't allow it that often. Beside that, I like riding on my own.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:50:24 PM by InternationalGrandMaster. »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »

I haven't ridin any but from what I can tell they're slick because they're in line 3 cylinders make the bike appear much smaller than 1000cc's and from what I hear, have deadly power delivery.

This guy need to come back.   8)

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 07:23:27 PM »

This guy need to come back.   8)

And I keep noticing your avatar and am curious about who it is ?

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
And I keep noticing your avatar and am curious about who it is ?

My avatar??  It's Gregory "Pappy" Boyington.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappy_Boyington