Educational

Author Topic: Dancing with death  (Read 2760 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Dancing with death
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 09:30:33 AM »
If you're doing it specificially for the money, I don't see the problem. Just once you've a high pain tolerance. They're just glorified stuntmen, really.

I don't see how an unglorified stuntman is a bozo while a glorified one is entirely legit, and his or her actions acceptable/understandable; Essentially, they're identical behaviours.

Who said normal stuntmen were not legit? You've basically reworded what I said - they're glorified stuntmen, ie. they do the same thing.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 02:14:22 AM »
I suppose Steve-o did  :duh: It's my opinion that the rewards for risk taking don't reflect on the action. If we criticise the motive by saying there's nothing gained from stupid, dangerous acts and therefore the person is stupid, yet say a person who does the same things and makes money/fame from that is not a stupid person, and by extension those same acts aren't stupid... Then all it seems like is being said is that a person unsuccessful in fame and fortune is stupid.
Whereas, I've met stupid people who are successful financially, and brilliant ones who aren't considered successful by those set of standards.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 03:40:25 AM »
Obviously another person who couldn't read to save himself.

That is NOT what I said at all. And at thiis moment I can't be bothered correcting you.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:54 AM »
Obviously another person who couldn't read to save himself.

That is NOT what I said at all. And at thiis moment I can't be bothered correcting you.

The bottom line was that you approve of recklessly dangerous activities, as long as there is money being made, and the entertained give them fame.

PS. I don't think it's really laziness; when you disagree with my interpretation and then follow up to say you're going to be lazy, and not elaborate? It would have been better to restate your view, wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:53:54 AM by InternationalGrandMaster. »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »
Hi Dmitri

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
Love that bug D :thumbup:

I can see all points of view with regards to this topic, but my man does all this stuff on his dirt bike. He has broken numerous bones and slammed in to tress and flown off cliffs and so on. He does not have a "fear on" button, and too be honest, I have always found it intriguing, despite the fact that it scares the shit out of me. It is probably the reason why I love him so much. he is the anti-thesis of me.

Testosterone plays a large part in the ability to take risks, as well as personality. Where would we be in our understanding of the world if we did not have people who took risks? Adventurers, explorers, astronauts, pilots and so on. I mean, I think jumping out of a plane even with a parachute is madness, but it is a calculated risk generally. The person doing it has some understanding of the risk, but calculated risk does not change the world or educate us. It is the mad people who say "Fuck physics!" that actually achieve something, even if they die in the process. I am not talking about Jackass or even my fiance. Him flying off cliffs does not change our perception of the world, BUT, he has this innate desire to test limits and explore places people fear to tread. If he dies doing something he loves and cannot live without, then who am I to stop him? I would not want him to ask that of me.

He has exercised more common sense since becoming a step father, but there is still this fire that burns bright within him. It makes him feel.......free. And freedom is what we are all looking for, no matter in what guise it presents itself.

Loup
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:09:14 PM by Loupgarou »
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
Love that bug D :thumbup:

I can see all points of view with regards to this topic, but my man does all this stuff on his dirt bike. He has broken numerous bones and slammed in to tress and flown off cliffs and so on. He does not have a "fear on" button, and too be honest, I have always found it intriguing, despite the fact that it scares the shit out of me. It is probably the reason why I love him so much. he is the anti-thesis of me.

Testosterone plays a large part in the ability to take risks, as well as personality. Where would we be in our understanding of the world if we did not have people who took risks? Adventurers, explorers, astronauts, pilots and so on. I mean, I think jumping out of a plane even with a parachute is madness, but it is a calculated risk generally. The person doing it has some understanding of the risk, but calculated risk does not change the world or educate us. It is the mad people who say "Fuck physics!" that actually achieve something, even if they die in the process. I am not talking about Jackass or even my fiance. Him flying off cliffs does not change our perception of the world, BUT, he has this innate desire to test limits and explore places people fear to tread. If he dies doing something he loves and cannot live without, then who am I to stop him? I would not want him to ask that of me.

He has exercised more common sense since becoming a step father, but there is still this fire that burns bright within him. It makes him feel.......free. And freedom is what we are all looking for, no matter in what guise it presents itself.

Loup

:plus:

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
I ride a push bike. Probably more dangerous - higher centre of gravity, no leathers, inferior helmet, shitty lights for night riding.

I'm doing the death tango everyday.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:53 AM »
im not going to go out of my way to find death but the way i look at it if there is an after life ill be in a better place and if not ill be to busy rotting in the ground to give a flying fuck

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Scrapheap

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:17 PM »
Hi Dmitri

So are you going to post again, or be just another short lived drama whore??

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
I logged in for the first time in months last night. By the way, I've been laid up with a broko' since I crashed my motorbike. I get the plaster removed in a week - two weeks early. And to everyone who gives a fuck, the bike's okay.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »
I logged in for the first time in months last night. By the way, I've been laid up with a broko' since I crashed my motorbike. I get the plaster removed in a week - two weeks early. And to everyone who gives a fuck, the bike's okay.

Ouch!

hope you get well soon :) :hug:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »

Sorry about your accident.  What did you break?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 10:35:47 PM »
Welcome back.  Just don't ask what's happened in the meantime.  It would take the Encyclopedia Brittanica to explain.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: