Author Topic: Dancing with death  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
Dancing with death
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:52:15 PM »
Anyone like riding hard here?

Scrapheap

Re: Dancing with death
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »
I'm a cage pilot who doesn't like speed limits, does that count??

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 01:36:24 AM »
I live a pretty safe life at the moment. Not even the local chavs bother me much.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 05:54:59 AM »
Anyone like riding hard here?

I used to.

After a few crashes an countless near misses, I hung it up.  Not afraid of dying......afraid of living permanently disabled unable to care for myself.

So now, like screap, I'm a cage pilot who doesn't like speed limits and also likes twisty roads.

richard

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »
what are you talking about? thrill seeking thats dangerous?

im not really into a sports that would kill or render my body useless

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:50:06 AM »
no thanks, i like being alive.
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »
I live a pretty safe life too.  I think the most dangerous thing I do is riding back and forth to school with my daughter every day.

richard

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
haha callaway. the school bus can be brutal! :aff:

i remember it being like small countys going to war. with all the bullying, random cussing. :sick:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »
haha callaway. the school bus can be brutal! :aff:

i remember it being like small countys going to war. with all the bullying, random cussing. :sick:

:laugh:

Good point, but I was mainly thinking of the distance we travel every day, since the school is more than an hour away from home, and the possibility of us getting into an accident on the highway.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
I haven't got a deathwish, so I generally try and stay away from that shit. People who take drugs for the hell of it, or hoon around showing off and people who do all these fucked up stunts are asking for a one way ticket to kingdom come. In the grand scheme of things, they are probably the failures that were meant to be erased in the first place.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »
Some interesting comments but the most was from Steve-o. It seems in one sense you're for 'reckless and dangerous fun' by your profile depiction of the star from 'Jackass', and then say something which completely contradicts that. I don't know how risk taking is meant to eradicate invalids from the gene pool, more likely that it just occurs, being a risk to begin with and all.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 03:21:56 AM »
Some interesting comments but the most was from Steve-o. It seems in one sense you're for 'reckless and dangerous fun' by your profile depiction of the star from 'Jackass', and then say something which completely contradicts that. I don't know how risk taking is meant to eradicate invalids from the gene pool, more likely that it just occurs, being a risk to begin with and all.

See, I like watching the show AND laughing at them, because A) I know it isn't me getting hurt; and B) they are getting paid and they have insurance. The reckless ones doing it for the lulz are the ones that seriously need help, and the druggie trying to kill themselves through their habit are also the ones to watch out for.

You can have fucn watching dickheads be dickheads without yourself being a dickhead in the process.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 05:35:58 AM »

See, I like watching the show AND laughing at them, because A) I know it isn't me getting hurt; and B) they are getting paid and they have insurance. The reckless ones doing it for the lulz are the ones that seriously need help, and the druggie trying to kill themselves through their habit are also the ones to watch out for.

You can have fucn watching dickheads be dickheads without yourself being a dickhead in the process.

So it's no less stupid to risk life and limb when you have health insurance, and are being paid?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »
If you're doing it specificially for the money, I don't see the problem. Just once you've a high pain tolerance. They're just glorified stuntmen, really.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 08:21:03 AM »
If you're doing it specificially for the money, I don't see the problem. Just once you've a high pain tolerance. They're just glorified stuntmen, really.

I don't see how an unglorified stuntman is a bozo while a glorified one is entirely legit, and his or her actions acceptable/understandable; Essentially, they're identical behaviours.