Author Topic: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread  (Read 9379 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »
My sister has an American Staffordshire. That's a different way of saying pitbull. All muscle and teeth. It is a really sweet rescue dog, but I still don't think they are an appropriate pet for most people. Her last dog was a huge Great Dane / Bull Terrier cross. At least she never has to worry about burglars.

I would love a German Shepherd but chances are we will get something small and cute and yappy in the new year.
My parents have a Staffie and he's the best dog. My Mum is disabled and he's the biggest baby. The one who ruled the roost in that house for the longest time was my sisters one eyed cat, not the pitbull :laugh: They're banned where I live but BSL laws are ridiculous IMO
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2018, 05:24:06 PM »
Blaming the dog ain't nuts. It's the obvious solution to an embarrassing situation.
Truth

As long as you don't shame the poor pooch.  :puppy:

Actually, our dog knew when he farted in front of us that it was 'wrong'.

You couldn't blame him when he didn't though. He knew whether he was guilty.
What kind of dog did you have? I had a black growing up

Oh...ours was canine.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
Blaming the dog ain't nuts. It's the obvious solution to an embarrassing situation.
Truth

Oh...ours was canine.
Yeah it would help if I actually finished the sentence properly.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2018, 07:07:22 PM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
My sister has an American Staffordshire. That's a different way of saying pitbull. All muscle and teeth. It is a really sweet rescue dog, but I still don't think they are an appropriate pet for most people. Her last dog was a huge Great Dane / Bull Terrier cross. At least she never has to worry about burglars.

I would love a German Shepherd but chances are we will get something small and cute and yappy in the new year.
My parents have a Staffie and he's the best dog. My Mum is disabled and he's the biggest baby. The one who ruled the roost in that house for the longest time was my sisters one eyed cat, not the pitbull :laugh: They're banned where I live but BSL laws are ridiculous IMO
I have known some adorable staffies. I tend to support BSL. There are too many irresponsible dog owners. I'd rather my neighbour be an irresponsible chihuahua owner or golden retriever owner than an irresponsible pitbull owner. I'd rather my kids got bitten by a cattle dog or a labrador than a pitbull. I just don't see why any suburban dog owner needs such a powerful dog.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »

I have known some adorable staffies. I tend to support BSL. There are too many irresponsible dog owners. I'd rather my neighbour be an irresponsible chihuahua owner or golden retriever owner than an irresponsible pitbull owner. I'd rather my kids got bitten by a cattle dog or a labrador than a pitbull. I just don't see why any suburban dog owner needs such a powerful dog.
I have over 25 years in animal rescue and the smaller dogs are the ones who are more prone to biting and I've seen some horrific bites from small dogs. Proper ownership should be placed on the owners, and not on a specific breed. My youngest dog is close to 100 lbs and she's only 8 months old. But proper training is vital for any dog of any size.

There will always be a dog who is the current target. In the past it's been German Shepherds, Dobermans and Rottweilers.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2018, 08:18:39 PM »
Kayleigh asked, "Can we get a dog?"

So we got another cat.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2018, 09:31:18 PM »
Kayleigh asked, "Can we get a dog?"

So we got another cat.
:lol1:

I know my son won't have kids and my daughter is a huge maybe, but I know for sure I will be considered a Grandma to a variety of furry four leggeds (and some scaly ones).
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »
Truth

Oh...ours was canine.

Black lab for us

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2018, 06:54:35 AM »
Truth

Oh...ours was canine.

Black lab for us
They're hilarious and loyal dogs. My parents have had a couple.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:22 AM »
Yeah. Really miss him actually. Even though he's been dead a long time.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
Yeah. Really miss him actually. Even though he's been dead a long time.
There's some that stand out more than others for a variety of reasons. A year ago I lost my 5 year old Leo to cancer and it was a shot to the gut.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »

I have over 25 years in animal rescue and the smaller dogs are the ones who are more prone to biting and I've seen some horrific bites from small dogs. Proper ownership should be placed on the owners, and not on a specific breed. My youngest dog is close to 100 lbs and she's only 8 months old. But proper training is vital for any dog of any size.

There will always be a dog who is the current target. In the past it's been German Shepherds, Dobermans and Rottweilers.

Think with small sized dogs it is because so many owners of small dogs don't think they need to train the critter, because they can lift it.

Behaviour of the dog shows the nature of the human. And to many humans with little dogs just don't want to see their dog as a proper dog. Just as an accessory on four legs.

Know someone with a Rhodesian Ridgeback as an assistant dog. She trained the magnificent beast herself. She's barely capable of anything, physically. But she knows how to train her dogs. Before this dog, she had black shepherd dogs. She still has the last black shepherd. He's semi retired. His task is now to feed her rabbit.

Then in that same street lives a woman with a "kutkeffertje". She can't control her 30 cm high dog, because she never thought it important. That wee critter now sometimes possess a danger to the woman with the Ridgeback. And the Ridgeback isn't allowed to intervene and defend his human, because then she won't be allowed to have him as a service dog anymore. Her command over the dog is that strong that indeed he will not intervene. Heel stand between her and the other dog, if his leash allows it, but nothing more.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:37:55 PM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2018, 06:32:00 PM »
Neighbor has had 3 terriers...last being some mega expensive rare pure-bred short legged variety that she traveled to another state to get as a puppy.

All 3 turned into monsters. Last one was the absolute worst...developed some form of dementia according to the vet. She had him on meds but I was still scared he was going to chew the hell out of her one day. She ended up with about 12 stitches and needing surgery to her hand last month.  :P

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2018, 07:18:26 PM »
The big issue with people who lift up their little dogs to avoid conflict, are actually creating MORE conflict because dogs have similar social rules no matter their breed. When you lift a smaller dog up, above another dog, you've made the smaller dog more dominant and now you've created a bigger mess.

In my puppy's last training class there were all kinds of breeds and sizes. She resembles a big burly bear and there was a Basset Hound who looooooved her. We always had to keep them at opposite ends of the classroom or else he wouldn't look. He'd just casually try to wander over to her and if anyone stopped him he'd fall over and cry. Even if did trip over his own ears on his mad dash run to try and be by her side again. It was hilarious.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad