Author Topic: Banned again from WP  (Read 31034 times)

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
Re: Banned again from WP
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
I don't think I'm superior to anyone, just a lot better than most. :)

I don't know you, and I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. I would find it hard to be friends, or even be particularly sympathetic towards someone who felt they were a lot better than me :-\

The people who are better than me are the "nice" people. I've already had nice stomped out of me, though you can't really change the person within that much. I am the way I am for a reason. And that is to keep people away from me. It works pretty well, wouldn't you say?

I'm not sure that it does. In fact it appears to have the opposite effect.

It means, it's my way of not letting people close to me. Whatever makes them hate me is their problem.

That's a shame really. I don't think it's a good thing to make people hate you. By avoiding good relationships with people you might avoid bad experiences, but at the same time you lower the chances of good experiences as well.

It may seem like a shame to some people, but I do have a really nice life. I happen to be burned out really bad on people. Most people really need a lot of maintenance to deal with them. I don't have it to offer at this point. I really am tired. If people hate who I am, that's them. It doesn't bother me much. I'm not the judgmental sort either, so go figure.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »
I can't blame somebody else if I feel inferior to them. It happens quite a lot. I only have a problem with the person if they act as if they feel superior to me.
Not really a question of blame, but rather friendship and sympathies. Just found the statement interesiting.

People who don't know me well  sometimes look down their noses at me because of my lack of social ability, and the fact that I can sometimes appear stupid to the point of retardation. It makes me feel crap about myself. Behaving in that way towards me usually destroys any future chance of friendship.
On the other hand, I've met plenty of people who, when they first met me, have thought I was a bit retarded, but still treated me nicely, and with respect. I've found it a lot easier to become friends with these people as we've grown to know each other.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
And don't get confused again. I have "issues" with certain things but that doesn't make me particularly judgmental. I like people who treat me nicely. It's that simple. People who hate me have a problem: They really don't like it when I set my boundaries.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »
And don't get confused again. I have "issues" with certain things but that doesn't make me particularly judgmental. I like people who treat me nicely. It's that simple. People who hate me have a problem: They really don't like it when I set my boundaries.

I don't hate you at all. I just think it's a shame that you appear to want to shun any chance of forming good relationships, although I don't know your circumstances and maybe if I'd dealt with them I'd feel the same way as you do.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
I don't believe Temple Grandin is autistic either. I think she is learning disabled with problems that pertain to "impulse control", which frequently goes hand in hand with the "intellectually challenged". I grew up with it and ought to know. My family are very able "socially" so they are not likely on the spectrum but most of them do have learning disabilities, with an evil streak. She is also incredibly lucky she had parents who were able to look out for her and give her the best help and resources available. Anyone can get a college degree and even a Ph.D if given the resources. Even those who have half of their brain completely missing. But again, a total disservice there to the autistic community because of the confusion it (she) generates.

OK, you lost me there.

I'm no professional, but I have met her and she certainly seems to be on the spectrum to me.

You do realize that she was diagnosed with classic autism in the 1950's, when it was relatively difficult to get a diagnosis of autism compared to now?

She didn't speak at all until she was four years old.

I agree with you about the resources and help she received from her family and mentors, though.  

Her mother refused to believe that she couldn't learn to speak, worked with her countless hours, and also hired a nanny to play turn-taking games with her and her sister.  Once she learned to speak, she was sent to school and I think her family sought out the best schools for her.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »

I don't hate you at all. I just think it's a shame that you appear to want to shun any chance of forming good relationships, although I don't know your circumstances and maybe if I'd dealt with them I'd feel the same way as you do.

I understand. And I have the same problems socially with people taking me for a retard, though I "look" intelligent so they're usually a bit confused. When life is rough, it has a way of wearing a person down that way. My nervous system is shot because of the added traumas I have gone through and at this point I just have to protect my health and being in forums doesn't do that for me. These sorts of interactions wear me down. I have too many issues and certain people take issue with that, so there you go.

I hope you will be protected and stay just the way you are.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »
I don't believe Temple Grandin is autistic either. I think she is learning disabled with problems that pertain to "impulse control", which frequently goes hand in hand with the "intellectually challenged". I grew up with it and ought to know. My family are very able "socially" so they are not likely on the spectrum but most of them do have learning disabilities, with an evil streak. She is also incredibly lucky she had parents who were able to look out for her and give her the best help and resources available. Anyone can get a college degree and even a Ph.D if given the resources. Even those who have half of their brain completely missing. But again, a total disservice there to the autistic community because of the confusion it (she) generates.

OK, you lost me there.

I'm no professional, but I have met her and she certainly seems to be on the spectrum to me.

You do realize that she was diagnosed with classic autism in the 1950's, when it was relatively difficult to get a diagnosis of autism compared to now?

She didn't speak at all until she was four years old.

I agree with you about the resources and help she received from her family and mentors, though.  

Her mother refused to believe that she couldn't learn to speak, worked with her countless hours, and also hired a nanny to play turn-taking games with her and her sister.  Once she learned to speak, she was sent to school and I think her family sought out the best schools for her.

Her parents were affluent and could afford to get her anything she needed including a diagnosis, and they did. It's just my humble opinion. She may well be autistic. I have just made some other conclusions based on my own experiences is all. I'm certainly no expert either.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2010, 08:37:46 PM »
Your whole "karma" thing is pretty stupid too, to go with the low-class icons. I don't even look at the karma, just so you morons know. Hate me all you want to. Apparently that's good for you, because you do it so much and so often.

P7PSP

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
Your whole "karma" thing is pretty stupid too, to go with the low-class icons. I don't even look at the karma, just so you morons know. Hate me all you want to. Apparently that's good for you, because you do it so much and so often.
Religious cults enjoy being hated as well, and they make about as much sense as you do.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »

You think that karma's "my thng"?

:laugh:

That's funny because I argued against having karma when the site was young, although I do use it a lot now.  I did add quite a few of the smileys, but almost all of them were requested by other members.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »
I try and take people how I find them, and only judge them on what I see. If I see them post shite, then I probably will think they are stupid, even if they aren't. There are quite intelligent people here, as there are some who are a bit silly. But mostly, I just like to muck around and joke no matter who it is, and hope they can see it as a joke too. If a serious conversation is needed, then obviously I'll drop the joking.

We here aren't meant to be classed the same as WP, so judging us on their morals isn't necessarily going to work.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »
Religious cults enjoy being hated as well, and they make about as much sense as you do.

Only a moron gets offended when someone calls someone else a moron. Same thing with you not understanding what I'm saying.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »

You think that karma's "my thng"?

:laugh:

That's funny because I argued against having karma when the site was young, although I do use it a lot now.  I did add quite a few of the smileys, but almost all of them were requested by other members.

It's fine. It's just not something I care enough to look into. :)

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »
I try and take people how I find them, and only judge them on what I see. If I see them post shite, then I probably will think they are stupid, even if they aren't. There are quite intelligent people here, as there are some who are a bit silly. But mostly, I just like to muck around and joke no matter who it is, and hope they can see it as a joke too. If a serious conversation is needed, then obviously I'll drop the joking.

We here aren't meant to be classed the same as WP, so judging us on their morals isn't necessarily going to work.

I have never had any problems with you that I can think of. So, in my book, you are one of the smart people.

P7PSP

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2010, 08:49:30 PM »

Only a moron gets offended when someone calls someone else a moron. Same thing with you not understanding what I'm saying.
I understand that you are a spiteful, hate filled bitch who is not honest enough to mean anything you say about your intentions. You have stated numerous times that you are done posting here only to come back to spew more bile.