Educational

Author Topic: Banned again from WP  (Read 31034 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Banned again from WP
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
I don't believe Temple Grandin is autistic either. I think she is learning disabled with problems that pertain to "impulse control", which frequently goes hand in hand with the "intellectually challenged". I grew up with it and ought to know. My family are very able "socially" so they are not likely on the spectrum but most of them do have learning disabilities, with an evil streak. She is also incredibly lucky she had parents who were able to look out for her and give her the best help and resources available. Anyone can get a college degree and even a Ph.D if given the resources. Even those who have half of their brain completely missing. But again, a total disservice there to the autistic community because of the confusion it (she) generates.

I'm curious as to why you assume so many people who claim to be aspies are not really aspie, and also why you claim so many of these people are either stupid or intellectually challenged.
Do you feel that you are intellectually superior to the majority of people that you encounter on most forums?

I'd say if anything she feels intellectually inferior to people so to make herself feel better she belittles others intelligence.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »
I don't believe Temple Grandin is autistic either. I think she is learning disabled with problems that pertain to "impulse control", which frequently goes hand in hand with the "intellectually challenged". I grew up with it and ought to know. My family are very able "socially" so they are not likely on the spectrum but most of them do have learning disabilities, with an evil streak. She is also incredibly lucky she had parents who were able to look out for her and give her the best help and resources available. Anyone can get a college degree and even a Ph.D if given the resources. Even those who have half of their brain completely missing. But again, a total disservice there to the autistic community because of the confusion it (she) generates.

I believe Temple is autistic...but I also believe that ANY of us could have (in our different ways) achieved as much as she has, and more, given her advantages, and, frankly, blinding good luck (though I suspect most of us would have managed a bit more dress sense?) - what is WRONG is that, one again, one, idiosyncratic, flawed individual is becoming representative of ALL of us vastly different, idiosyncratic individuals...

...on the plus side, she's a serious improvement on having Jerry Newport as an icon...

I think she's great and she has done great work, thanks to the advantages she has been given. It's just my personal opinion with regard to the diagnosis. Autism has only become common because it has become a catch-all for a lot of other problems, hence the confusion which exists so much around autism. It's closer to Cerebral Palsy I believe than anything else. It is probably a milder form of the same or similar thing. I don't know why so many people are so into having autism. It really isn't fun actually to have. It's a living hell to be "trapped inside", so to speak, in more ways than one.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »
I sad on the deck in the sunshine for a short while, and made a pasta salad with red pepper, tomato, black olives, red onion and pesto...'cause I luuuuuuurve pesto.

richard

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »
I sat on the deck in the sunshine for a short while, and made a pasta salad with red pepper, tomato, black olives, red onion and pesto...'cause I luuuuuuurve pesto.
:laugh:

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »
I sat on the deck in the sunshine for a short while, and made a pasta salad with red pepper, tomato, black olives, red onion and pesto...'cause I luuuuuuurve pesto.
:laugh:
Here's one for you Rich :)

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »
I think Janis Joplin was autistic. She had the talent and the total lack of social etiquette and communication skill.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
A lot of us do die tragically because it's so painful to live amongst the "real" idiots.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2010, 03:12:12 PM »
One thing I have learned in life is NEVER get on the wrong side of the "intellectually challenged". They have impulse control problems to start out with and it doesn't take anything at all to set them off. They take it as a personal insult if you find you are unable to say a single word to them in reply, when faced with their antics, and they will kill you straight out if given half a chance. They NEED a healthy fear of God because there is nothing left really to control them.

Must be terrible to be you, then. Avoid looking at yourself in the mirror much?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2010, 03:14:13 PM »

I'm curious as to why you assume so many people who claim to be aspies are not really aspie, and also why you claim so many of these people are either stupid or intellectually challenged.
Do you feel that you are intellectually superior to the majority of people that you encounter on most forums?

Her kind, the emo spazz in desperate need of a mirror, do this sort of thing a lot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »
One thing I have learned in life is NEVER get on the wrong side of the "intellectually challenged". They have impulse control problems to start out with and it doesn't take anything at all to set them off. They take it as a personal insult if you find you are unable to say a single word to them in reply, when faced with their antics, and they will kill you straight out if given half a chance. They NEED a healthy fear of God because there is nothing left really to control them.

I don't have that problem. Maybe you do? With my skill-set and background, I would probably be dead right now if I didn't have a fair enough portion of good looks. I am told I am an angel, and I am loved. That's good enough for me. :)

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »

I don't know much, as far as intelligence goes. I just know, based on what I have seen in forums, in particular, there's an overwhelming population out there that are inferior in one way or another more than not. I have never claimed to be superior myself. I'm just pointing out that there are an overwhelming number of idiots.

DukeNukem

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
Hey, Meadow. I have decided to change and apologize for ever insulting you. I'm sorry, please forgive me! :( I'm being honest here. In fact, I have made you a little portrait of your avatar to show that I am truly sorry for what I have ever said to you. Hopefully, you can forgive me.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 03:54:30 PM »
Hey, Meadow. I have decided to change and apologize for ever insulting you. I'm sorry, please forgive me! :( I'm being honest here. In fact, I have made you a little portrait of your avatar to show that I am truly sorry for what I have ever said to you. Hopefully, you can forgive me.

I forgive you :) :)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »

I don't have that problem. Maybe you do? With my skill-set and background, I would probably be dead right now if I didn't have a fair enough portion of good looks. I am told I am an angel, and I am loved. That's good enough for me. :)

I guess you really are intellectually challenged. You completely miss my point.

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »

:LMAO: :plus: