Author Topic: I've signed up out of boredom; likely closing this account because of boredom 2  (Read 10003 times)

The_Chosen_One

I'd have thought that someone with such a grandiose title would be spamming this place to oblivion. But no, it just seems he wants to take on the domain of his bedroom instead.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
A textile thread is usually knotted at one or both ends when sewing.  A thread in forums while not a textile can ensnare the reader and figuratively keep him "in knots", unable to leave the thread because he is a captive.

Thanks for reminding me I have to mend two skirts. Random, but helpful!  :plus:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
A textile thread is usually knotted at one or both ends when sewing.  A thread in forums while not a textile can ensnare the reader and figuratively keep him "in knots", unable to leave the thread because he is a captive.

Glad to be of help.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Yes, but still haven't mended them. :/
Glad to be of help.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
Most of you seem decent. I'm not getting interested by this "dialogue"; I mean what's the point of going into other threads if the banter's generic?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:28:28 AM by InternationalGrandMaster. »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Most of you seem decent. I'm not getting interested by this "dialogue"; I mean what's the point of going into other threads if the banter's generic?

Have you even looked in the other threads?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot

Either you want to participate, which means that you will have to expand your horizons beyond this thread, or you don't, which means that you can log out and find some other board and I can wipe your account.

:yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

If that's the case, what is the point of being here at all? What if the point of the internet? What is the point of life in general?

The_Chosen_One

It's like playing Monopoly and wanting to sit on 'Free Parking' the whole game. Every once in awhile you have to venture out to land on Piccadilly or Mayfair. Hell, if you buy one of them you might even get the chance to put hotels up and VOOOM! You are kicking arse then.

You can call yourself an 'InternationalGrandMaster' all you want, but to be one, you have to take that next step. Otherwise, GTFO and delete your account.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
IGM, I've just re-read your first post...you're actually quite opinionated and could start some interesting topics if you made an effort.
Instead you've ended up just talking about your boredom...no wonder you're bored!  :zombiefuck:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

The_Chosen_One

IGM, I've just re-read your first post...you're actually quite opinionated and could start some interesting topics if you made an effort.
Instead you've ended up just talking about your boredom...no wonder you're bored!  :zombiefuck:

If he thinks here is boring, then WP would turn him into Rip Van Winkle.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
Yeah, I don't know. I should stay around and see what this is about buying mayfair or pilladilly but then if I start other threads, I'm even more worse off. If there's one thing I've learned from chess that I can apply here it's don't commit yourself to something frivolous. But then I like some challenge and you guys seem cool with the truth. I first began this thread after I signed up here thinking this was a freedom of speech site and wrongly figured that freedom of speech would be based on shared issues rather than personal ones.

The_Chosen_One

Yeah, I don't know. I should stay around and see what this is about buying mayfair or pilladilly but then if I start other threads, I'm even more worse off. If there's one thing I've learned from chess that I can apply here it's don't commit yourself to something frivolous. But then I like some challenge and you guys seem cool with the truth. I first began this thread after I signed up here thinking this was a freedom of speech site and wrongly figured that freedom of speech would be based on shared issues rather than personal ones.

It's freedom of speech in the fact that you can say whatever you like, provided you can field the shit that may come your way. WP and other sites don't allow that to happen. So go ahead and say what you want anywhere on this forum, just don't expect everyone to be warm and fuzzy.

Frolic_Fun

Freedom of speech allows restriction of freedom of speech. The concept alone is a paradox.

Offline Slasher

• Frequent Poster
Freedom of speech allows restriction of freedom of speech. The concept alone is a paradox.

It isn't really a paradox, unless you're asserting that all "truth" is a paradox (but this is another argument). I think it's perfectly logical: Although you can't truly possess freedom that isn't to say that another situational concept cannot be applied to remove it.