Educational

Author Topic: Scientology  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
Scientology
« on: September 14, 2010, 04:50:28 AM »
Please discuss.

By the way, I am fiercely Roman Catholic, but have a suspicious crush on Richard Dawkins. I do not believe in Creationism(in fact the idea makes me shiver. Probably why I didn't become a nun), yet who says I am right? I am deep seated hypocrite when it comes to Scientology as I can view all organised religion as cultish......but I gotta tell you, Scientologists (especially Tom Cruise...can't stand the man, even before I knew his religious persuasion)scare the crap out of me. I used to read L Ron Hubbard science fiction as a kid. Is it more believable than Jesus turning water in to wine? Was he our first famous alchemist?

Loup.
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Scientology
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:10:37 AM »
There is a Scientology place in the city near me and they advertise inviting people to come in for a personality test. I have been told by many people not to go in there though. That makes it scary, I think, the fact that so many people have told me not to go in.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:14:26 AM »
They are nuts not sure how they get away with the it's a religion part.  I was raised Catholic but I.m better now :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 05:23:32 AM »
There is a Scientology place in the city near me and they advertise inviting people to come in for a personality test. I have been told by many people not to go in there though. That makes it scary, I think, the fact that so many people have told me not to go in.

Do not pass go! Do not collect $200! It would be interesting to see what they define as personality testing or how they interpret the results.

Take care and do not visit the scientologists.

Loup

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 05:25:42 AM »
I think I posted this somewhere else here. Tom Cruise is 'acting out' some freaky real life part with this....

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 05:28:03 AM »
They are nuts not sure how they get away with the it's a religion part.  I was raised Catholic but I.m better now :P

Parts, I am glad you are better now  :green: if it wasn't for you, it is good to move away. We must always do what is right for ourselves.

Yes, I always struggle with the secular(mainstream) definition of "religion" and "cult"......the lines can be blurred for me.

Loup

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:32:59 AM »
I think I posted this somewhere else here. Tom Cruise is 'acting out' some freaky real life part with this....

Yes, terrifying. His body language is suspicious during this interview. He makes little eye contact, he rubs his face a lot, he is using "avoidance" while still talking about it. Very nervous. It is not a religion it is a bunkum philosophy.

Thanks Eclair

Loup

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 07:16:41 AM »

Do not pass go! Do not collect $200! It would be interesting to see what they define as personality testing or how they interpret the results.

Loup

The personality test is likely nothing more than a tool to identify emotional/psychological weaknesses.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
Tom Cruise has Aspergers, but that's no excuse for belonging to a 'tard cult like them. Want proof? Watch Rain Man and Jerry McGuire. That ain't acting, folks.

Watch the South Park ep on them. Funniest bit is when Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »
I am related by marriage to two Scientologists.

You may all feel pity for me now.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »

:grouphug:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »

Thanks.

What makes it worse is that my Father-in-law is the Scientology in charge of dealing with Anonymous in Australia.  :duh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »

Loup

The personality test is likely nothing more than a tool to identify emotional/psychological weaknesses.

When I was in my twenties, that test was offered a lot. But, after that, I never heard of them anymore. Maybe I shielded myself too well.  :asthing:

Only since I am a postie, I see some scientology letters, once in a blue moon.

Did hear a lot about TM though. A friend I used to have lost both his sibblings to that cult. Works on emotional/psychological weaknesses too I think. Tactics used by a lot of cults and groups.

Funny, three years ago, I got bombed by people from two evangelical movements. My live was shite then indeed. I joked to a clergy friend about it. Said I must be looking pretty desperate, with two of those movements hunting me down at the same time.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »

Thanks.

What makes it worse is that my Father-in-law is the Scientology in charge of dealing with Anonymous in Australia.  :duh:

That's downright scary.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »

Thanks.

LOLWUT? Seriously? Well shit, sure your internets isn't bugged or anything? lol
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.