Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46203 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2520 on: September 23, 2016, 11:54:01 AM »
I found a rusty revolver at an estate sale in the back of a work bench drawer along with parts for another one I gave it to the guy running the sale. He told me that when they first got down a  into the basement to start going through things  for the sale there was some sort of ww2 rocket and that the fire department evacuated the entire block when they removed it :o  I bought a bunch of stuff there including a machinist's tool box that was full of stuff and in that I found a six inch folding rule made out of ivory  :thumbup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2521 on: September 23, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
  I found a big hairpin.  I hope to find another like it, so I can pin up the back of my hair at work.
   I put most of it in a bun, but some of it is too short to stay put, so I want to pin it!  Yarrr!  :arrr:

Or you can use it to pick locks, big ones.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2522 on: September 23, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »
Found a lot of old threads that refreshed my memory on how the democracy experiment really ended. Some thing never change.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2523 on: September 23, 2016, 04:45:10 PM »
Yet another layer of my limits.
 :hahaha:

It was fifteen degrees above average temperature for the day and very dry. I ended up having to help quite a bit in the warehouse (the "bulk of the bulk"  guys are training newbs for the upcoming season) and they left a forty year old woman solo to do everything warehouse related, which is kind of ridiculous.
One person regardless of age or gender attending everything that might need to be done on any typical day is absurd.

I could not allow that to happen. I pitched in on everything. I have not done so much heavy lifting since I became the media guru a couple of years ago.

I became dehydrated and I know better. I feel fine now, but the end of my shift was a bit hurtful to my ... whatever is was that I had left.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:47:50 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2524 on: September 23, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »
Yet another layer of my limits.
 :hahaha:

It was fifteen degrees above average temperature for the day and very dry. I ended up having to help quite a bit in the warehouse (the "bulk of the bulk"  guys are training newbs for the upcoming season) and they left a forty year old woman solo to do everything warehouse related, which is kind of ridiculous.
One person regardless of age or gender attending everything that might need to be done on any typical day is absurd.

I could not allow that to happen. I pitched in on everything. I have not done so much heavy lifting since I became the media guru a couple of years ago.

I became dehydrated and I know better. I feel fine now, but the end of my shift was a bit hurtful to my ... whatever is was that I had left.
You did good though.

I'm thinking: what kind of state would that woman have been in if you hadn't pitched in?

I have done warehouse work. I know how freaking hard it can be, And heck I'm gonna have to plus you again, never mind if it looks like I'm infatuated.

I'm truly impressed.

-Walkie

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2525 on: September 24, 2016, 05:41:30 AM »
  I found a big hairpin.  I hope to find another like it, so I can pin up the back of my hair at work.
   I put most of it in a bun, but some of it is too short to stay put, so I want to pin it!  Yarrr!  :arrr:

Or you can use it to pick locks, big ones.

Davy Jones' locker, here I come! :pirate:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2526 on: October 10, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »
my kolinsky sable watercolor brush that's been missing for months. it fell into the radiator and was melted. but the head was still good after a cleaning. there was a little melted plastic on it from a straw i used to protect it but that came off and now it works almost well. it cost $30 for a replacement and my mother opened it and lost it. i sent another one to myself but that one is now delayed until december. i ordered it in august.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2527 on: October 10, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »
my kolinsky sable watercolor brush that's been missing for months. it fell into the radiator and was melted. but the head was still good after a cleaning. there was a little melted plastic on it from a straw i used to protect it but that came off and now it works almost well. it cost $30 for a replacement and my mother opened it and lost it. i sent another one to myself but that one is now delayed until december. i ordered it in august.

Don't you owe me a kolinsky sable watercolor brush?
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2528 on: October 10, 2016, 07:02:18 PM »
stamina lasts about 5 minutes with me.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2529 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:29 PM »

You'll have to find it first. It's well hidden now.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2530 on: October 11, 2016, 12:05:34 AM »

I may have to call for back up.
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2531 on: October 14, 2016, 07:08:49 AM »
I don't quite know yet.

I just phoned my dr surgery to request a refill of the antibiotics I'm taking, which they said they will query the dr for. Also asked for some additional pain relief, and according to them a prescription from last week is sitting in the in tray/outbox, however you want to look at it. Thing is I didn't ASK for any additional pain relief yesterweek, nor was I expecting any, and I DID have my regular script that I usually get that week, picked everything up (or rather due to the length that it would be walking and since the problem is with my foot my old man picked it up.

Puzzled as to what in the name of blue fuck it IS.  I know they buggered it up THIS week, well, the pharmacy I think were the bugger-upperers because the sedative-hypnotic/anticonvulsant I take, I was meant to 21, I was GIVEN 42.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #2532 on: October 14, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »
I found that my weight has gone down more and is now back to my first year of college, which is neat as I can wear my old clothes, but also sucks since I am losing muscle mass. That makes about 20 pounds this year with no effort or exercise.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2533 on: October 19, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »

to my surprise they shipped it. but now amazon has been spamming my mailbox with the $5.99 credit notification. so far 20 emails. i wonder if i am getting a credit for each email. i should order something to see.

fixed.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:32:18 PM by WolFish »

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2534 on: October 19, 2016, 05:16:23 PM »
Found a lot of old threads that refreshed my memory on how the democracy experiment really ended. Some thing never change.

any chance of a summary?

I found my mobile underneath the coffee tin. It's getting increasingly creative with these hiding-places :S