Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46193 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2505 on: September 07, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
  I found my little kitchen timer that looks like a ladybug.  It was on the floor.  :sweep:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2506 on: September 08, 2016, 02:31:10 PM »

They are real. I never held a Weeble in my hands before.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2507 on: September 08, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »
Kinda cute :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2508 on: September 08, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
Was so funny, finding that at work. Immediately I was thinking about THE WEEBLE. Was tempted to buy it. Owning a weeble sounds like slavery though.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2509 on: September 09, 2016, 10:49:39 AM »
Was so funny, finding that at work. Immediately I was thinking about THE WEEBLE. Was tempted to buy it. Owning a weeble sounds like slavery though.

Not a slave, more like a houseguest who never goes away.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2510 on: September 09, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
A couple of nice sweatshirts at the thrift store.

Not sure which one of the women washed them though...they smell like they used 1/2 gallon of fabric softener on them. Didn't smell it until I got the bag in the truck.

If it's possible to get high on fabric softener I'm there.  :zoinks:

I hope it tames down in the wash after a vinegar rinse, or I'm going to smell like a...

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2511 on: September 09, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »
A couple of nice sweatshirts at the thrift store.

Not sure which one of the women washed them though...they smell like they used 1/2 gallon of fabric softener on them. Didn't smell it until I got the bag in the truck.

If it's possible to get high on fabric softener I'm there.  :zoinks:

I hope it tames down in the wash after a vinegar rinse, or I'm going to smell like a...

I love the Snuggle Slut.  Maybe a skunk sprayed those garments!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2512 on: September 09, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »
:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2513 on: September 10, 2016, 10:03:16 AM »
An Atari 2600 with a bunch of games curbside.  No power supply but I know I have one maybe two in my collection of console parts
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2514 on: September 10, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
Skunk spray? I doubt it. Get a bunch of mercaptan type crap on clothing and it is not very prone to coming out easily or quickly. Happened to me once, although something FAR beyond skunk spray  in the league tables of foulness. I had to bag some of the stuff up, take it away outside away from the house and people, and torch the bags without opening them. I didn't hang around near the fire either.

I found a cap from an empty acetone bottle, that had several large rocks of pure, uncut (obviously. Because I have standards) prope in it.  Now I not only feel alright again, but feel positively lurrvely, all warm  and relaxed dand squeeee:D   Plus having that in one big fat shot with the rest of my dibenzoylmorphine (plus some methamphetamine) means I can laze around on the sofa for ages longer before I must start work preparing   palladium catalysts, hydrogenating it, cleaning the stuff, leaving it in the dessicator over caustic soda and anhydrous calcium chloride mixture, and of course the obligatory distillation of the formic acid to be used as reductant for palladium chloride (would be fine as is for most purposes, but catalysts in general must be held to a very high standard of care and quality when being made by and for the chemist and their lab rather than buying pre-made catalysts, because the quality and efficacy o their catalytic activity often depends highly upon the quality of the reagents used, the care taken by and skill of the chemist themselves (although however, plat cat and plad cat are quite simple to prepare, its just that certain elements especially can befoul the finished product, lead, and sulfur in particular, in the case of precious metal catalysts based on the platinum group metals such as platinum, of course, palladium being two very much prone to catalyst poisoning, rhodium, rhenium, osmium, ruthenium and iridium also find such uses. Although in certain cases catalysts can be prepared and DELIBERATELY poisoned to an extent, varying in the quantitative and qualitative nature of the poisoning method and extent employed. Lindlar catalyst, being a palladium catalyst that is deliberately poisoned to lower the activity, its palladium metal plated onto calcium carbonate in fine particulate form, as most of these precious metal catalysts are formed, they are some platinum-group metal precipitated/plated onto various solid supports, palladium or platinum metal on activated carbon are particularly common examples, in the case of Lindlar cat, its palladium on CaCO3, then treated with lead salts to poison it, lending the reagent selectivity for certain substrates when used, like these catalysts almost always are, for catalytic hydrogenation reductions, which if not poisoned would reduce other functional groups on molecules which the chemist does not wish to reduce. Poisoning deliberately like this, allows it to reduce some, but not other functionalities within a molecule.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2515 on: September 10, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »
An Atari 2600 with a bunch of games curbside.  No power supply but I know I have one maybe two in my collection of console parts

:drool:

You always get the best finds.  :LOL:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2516 on: September 10, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »

:drool:

You always get the best finds.  :LOL:

You do pretty good yourself :)   I live in a city of just over 50,000 and this month is the bulky waste pick up for my town and the pickings are good. I saw the Atari when I was turning around to get a lawn mower I spotted which I picked up for my son. 
The ET game is among the ones with it, too bad it wasn't a few years ago before they dug up the dump with them in it and the value    tumbled.  There was a little plastic bag with all the booklets for the games and system also. :2thumbsup:   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2517 on: September 10, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
Some of the booklets are worth more than the games.  :LOL:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2518 on: September 10, 2016, 05:53:23 PM »
My old man, had been a right prizewinning shithead earlier on today. THREW OUT a filter paper that was something useful, indeed a critical resource invested in a project. Quite a lot of alpha-chloromorphide (6-chloromorphine, afaik) and I thought it had gone for good, as the outside bins were emptied today. But there was little in the inside one, and I managed to find it, still tightly wrapped in its filter paper, and purify it, clean it up so I can still use it for the intended catalytic reduction.

But bloody christ, I was SO damn pissed the fucking fuck off with him for his utter stupidity. How the hell, can he mistake a lab filter paper, with something obviously wrapped inside, for rubbish. Bollocks he can. Moron. I could have smacked him one, had he not been grieving over my mother. If he had not, I probably would have belted him for the sheer unforgivably cretinous idiocy of it. Prick. If I HADN'T recovered that I quite definitely would have knocked him senseless for wasting such a hard to come by, very very difficult to replace, and at significant investment of precursors for it. Still not fucking happy with him though.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2519 on: September 23, 2016, 05:00:34 AM »
  I found a big hairpin.  I hope to find another like it, so I can pin up the back of my hair at work.
   I put most of it in a bun, but some of it is too short to stay put, so I want to pin it!  Yarrr!  :arrr:

People forget.