Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106066 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3525 on: September 08, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
Lol, I have been  compared to House quite a few times. Same first name (although I usually go by Lestat), walk with a cane, and I like my opioids :P

as well as a pretty good knowledge of medicine, neurophysiology, molecular biology, as well as exotic/unusual and/or rare diseases. And very unconventional.

As an aside, the PR has been complaining off and on about her mouth itching.  We thought/think her lactose intolerance may have turned into a milk allergy.  I looked up "itching mouth" on the Internet.  One site has 216 diseases it can be associated with.  Makes the possibility of a milk allergy a lot more comforting, even if a little dangerous.  Right now Benadryl handles it.
I do benadryl every day

with my allergic reactions, it comes in handy

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3526 on: September 08, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »
Lol, I have been  compared to House quite a few times. Same first name (although I usually go by Lestat), walk with a cane, and I like my opioids :P

as well as a pretty good knowledge of medicine, neurophysiology, molecular biology, as well as exotic/unusual and/or rare diseases. And very unconventional.

As an aside, the PR has been complaining off and on about her mouth itching.  We thought/think her lactose intolerance may have turned into a milk allergy.  I looked up "itching mouth" on the Internet.  One site has 216 diseases it can be associated with.  Makes the possibility of a milk allergy a lot more comforting, even if a little dangerous.  Right now Benadryl handles it.
I do benadryl every day

With 3 people taking Zyrtec, the generic from Sams is a necessity.  I think it's about 400 pills for $20.  We use Benadryl also when the PR has had an active day and needs to sleep.  That is to say, we give it to her.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3527 on: September 08, 2012, 11:53:31 AM »

I do benadryl every day

With 3 people taking Zyrtec, the generic from Sams is a necessity.  I think it's about 400 pills for $20.  We use Benadryl also when the PR has had an active day and needs to sleep.  That is to say, we give it to her.
excellent for sleep & anxiety.

Dont want a sunburn............benadryl, also

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3528 on: September 08, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

I do benadryl every day

excellent for sleep & anxiety.

Dont want a sunburn............benadryl, also
if you take to much for to many days, will cause memory loss

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3529 on: September 08, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »

Do NOT let House treat it. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3530 on: September 08, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »
He usually gets shit done, even if it does involve giving a patient one disease to slow the progression of a lethal one, or a serving of magic mushrooms :P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3531 on: September 08, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
Yes, that he does. But what I like most in the series is his great sense of humour. I suspect some of it is thanks to Hugh Laurie. I suspect a lot of people will think he's simply insulting everyone in sight but it's not that easy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3532 on: September 08, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Yes, definitely. House is funny as shit. Hugh Laurie just seems the right guy for the role.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3533 on: September 08, 2012, 01:28:31 PM »
It's what does that series for me. It's like Top Gear--yes, it's about cars but it could be about anything. It was never about the cars, not really.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3534 on: September 08, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »

Or CBC :nurse:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3535 on: September 08, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »

She walks with a cane?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3536 on: September 08, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »

She walks with a cane?

Sadly, she's uncaney.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3537 on: September 08, 2012, 01:44:36 PM »
Back on topic.  Yes

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3538 on: September 08, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
I accidentally took my evening meds instead of my morning meds. My mom is bitching about it.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

TheoK

« Reply #3539 on: September 08, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
I took my oxy, yes.

Oh, I don't have a prescription for that  :angel: :eyelash: