Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106062 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3510 on: September 05, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »
Need something to calm down my bloody hip.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3511 on: September 05, 2012, 01:37:21 PM »
yes
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3512 on: September 05, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »
That reminded me odeon, I need to take my anti-inflammatories.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3513 on: September 05, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
I took mine, this morning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #3514 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:34 AM »
Nope! Don't think the innards could take it righ now.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #3515 on: September 06, 2012, 11:22:24 AM »
Yep, and the innards are NOT happy!  :zombiefuck:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3516 on: September 06, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »
You seen anybody about it yet odeon? Not that it will make it any less painful, but you have my sympathies on that. I know too well what its like. I'm ok...ish, during the day. Well..no...am I sodding hell, but I can force myself to bear it, as long as I don't have to go on long walks, into town etc. At night is the worst, I need to stick a couple of pillows between my knees to serve as padding.

Which reminds me, I need to go see my own doc tomorrow, which means waking up at about 8am, else I'll run out of oxy on sunday, which would be a right cunt, especially as almost no pharmacies are open to get OTC pain meds (cough syrups actually, the only OTC opioids sold AS analgesics are in combination with paracetamol, and at such a low dose per unit I consider it borderline subclinical, even in somebody who has never used painkillers before, having no tolerance whatsoever. But the cough syrups are a bit of an OTC anachronism I suspect, although wrongly so, at least that leaves something that can be done without having to go, begging bowl in hand to a dr)

I hate that whole royal clusterfuck of inconvenience. I like my regular 'personal' GP. He knows what he is doing, and won't fuck me over, and he is one that I can actually talk to , while trying to figure out the best way to deal with anything needing sorting, but there is another I sometimes have to see, and I feel really uncomfortable around her,no matter why I'm there. Not to mention would possibly have killed me, had I been another patient that didn't have a good working knowledge of medicine. Tried rx'ing me co-amoxiclav once, immediately after being told of a possible anaphylactic reaction to penicillins and (untested...staying that way!) other beta-lactam antibiotics.

Thats the sort of basic error that should be getting stamped on, HARD, in med school, before anybody gets killed over it happening to an actual patient.

And another one, who I REALLY cannot fucking stand, a real bitch TBH. Went ages back, she was the old witch with appointments left, so go figure.

At the time, I was on painkillers, clonidine, two benzos and chlormethiazole. Wasn't on oxy at the time, but a different one. I'd been on them long enough to make damn sure suddenly stopping would have been dangerous. Opioid withdrawal won't kill a healthy person, it has happened, but in the prison population that I'm aware of, where a guy coming off something or other was left to starve to death, being unable to eat, but benzos/chlormethiazole, after long enough, that could certainly kill someone, or leave them brain damaged. I know of someone in the US, for instance who stroked out after suddenly being cut off 'cold turkey', and is pretty lucky to have survived after being abruptly cut off a huge fucking dose of clonazepam without any attempt to taper him.

He got left in a wheelchair for a while AFAIK.

As soon as this idiot asked what I did for a living, and found out I had no work, she told me I would be 'happier if all these meds are stopped'. I wonder if being spesh had anything to do with that. Lucky for me, again, it was my own common sense not to be taking the benzos/heminevrin daily that saved my arse. Still went through hell getting left without the rest of my meds for the rest of the day, and night. My regular doc was fuming when I told him.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3517 on: September 06, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
apparently madmick/JB didn't
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3518 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »
You seen anybody about it yet odeon? Not that it will make it any less painful, but you have my sympathies on that. I know too well what its like. I'm ok...ish, during the day. Well..no...am I sodding hell, but I can force myself to bear it, as long as I don't have to go on long walks, into town etc. At night is the worst, I need to stick a couple of pillows between my knees to serve as padding.

No, I haven't. There have been too many doctor's appointments lately, with my eyes and everything, and I keep putting it off. And then it's better, all of a sudden, and I don't even think about it for a while.

There's always the cane. :zoinks:

Problem is, I never understood how people can get used to a cane. It helps but my hand hurts after using it for a while. So what House does may look cool but his hand's got to hurt like hell.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3519 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
About to take my evening meds and go to the bed ball.  Night to all.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3520 on: September 08, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »
Not yet.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3521 on: September 08, 2012, 05:20:41 AM »
I took my night ones early as I had dinner early.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3522 on: September 08, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
Lol, I have been  compared to House quite a few times. Same first name (although I usually go by Lestat), walk with a cane, and I like my opioids :P

as well as a pretty good knowledge of medicine, neurophysiology, molecular biology, as well as exotic/unusual and/or rare diseases. And very unconventional.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3523 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
Lol, I have been  compared to House quite a few times. Same first name (although I usually go by Lestat), walk with a cane, and I like my opioids :P

as well as a pretty good knowledge of medicine, neurophysiology, molecular biology, as well as exotic/unusual and/or rare diseases. And very unconventional.

I just do the cane and the non-PC comments, not the opioids.  :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3524 on: September 08, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »

As an aside, the PR has been complaining off and on about her mouth itching.  We thought/think her lactose intolerance may have turned into a milk allergy.  I looked up "itching mouth" on the Internet.  One site has 216 diseases it can be associated with.  Makes the possibility of a milk allergy a lot more comforting, even if a little dangerous.  Right now Benadryl handles it.