Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106085 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #6660 on: March 08, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »
If I rinsed them under the tap they would have dissolved.  We've always been pretty comfy sharing things, so I knew it was no biggie for her. 
Would assume the two of you kiss and share food/drink so she has no reason to fear your spit. :laugh:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6661 on: March 08, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »
I wasn't having a go at you QV, only saying what I myself would have done personally. So no offense meant.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6662 on: March 08, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »
I wasn't having a go at you QV, only saying what I myself would have done personally. So no offense meant.

It's my turn to back down.  I was having a bad day including The PR having a melt down at therapy and them asking her if she needed to go to the hospital, which made it even worse.  I managed to distract her by taking her to a thrift store, but stood in line for 10 minutes to get checked out because it was a sale day.  Ate like a pig all day, soothed my nerves at last with a spectacular ice cream sundae.  So, I'm feeling quite steady again.  Sorry for going off on you.  Apologies to the rest of the community for being a bitch.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6663 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
^You're going through a hell of a lot. And you've been awesome. I don't see you as being a bitch at all. Just explaining what you're going through, which is pretty tough imo.

Haven't taken meds yet today. Just woke up and will be having toast first.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6664 on: March 08, 2017, 10:51:39 PM »
  Just took a couple of ibuprofen.  Left leg is aching, it's hard to get comfortable enough to sleep.  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6665 on: March 09, 2017, 11:01:56 AM »
Both of us  :2thumbsup:

And I even managed to give The PR hers without my playing a Mama bird and regurgitating the pills.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6666 on: March 09, 2017, 02:58:15 PM »
Its alright QV, took me by surprise a little, but it was NEVER intended as a dig at you, for all I was saying, is what I, myself, PERSONALLY, would have done. And only because I care about the PR (and admittedly really have a 'thing' for her, since shes such a cutie)

But was describing my OWN way of going about it had I been there, not having a go at you QV. And surely, my motive, caring for somebody that, ahem, I'm very taken with indeed, well, it was intended in a way as caring about her, is all.

No offense taken QV. How is she? is she feeling any better now? and are you?

Took my meds, and given that I had quite a large extra supply compared to my usual unmodified script, of chlormethiazole, the antiseizure drug, I'd waited without sleep last night, so there would be someone watching whilst I slept, and took a real heavy dose of the stuff, woke up badly needing my painkillers, indeed I've only been up for a half hour or so. So quickly put a couple of caps worth of IR oxy up my nose, to steady my hands for what was to come next, then, although I haven't in a while, done an IV shot, and a large one of morphine. Managed to find a vein with the second attempt too which was good, and had a goodly sized shot of morphine, about 350mg, plus 20-30 of oxy up the nose first so my hands wouldn't shake whilst I had a needle in my vein, which wouldn't be good, particularly since I was using very, very fine paediatric needles, 31g IIRC which are very, very thin and easily bendable. Takes a while to get everything in, especially considering I'd used a 5ml syringe barrel, but meant that it started up a considerable whopper of a rush just partway down the barrel being emptied, due to the slow speed of the solution being able to pass through the needle tip. Which meant for a considerably extended rush,with my still having to shoot up the other full half of the syringe-full. Meaning a rush added to my already rushing hard. That itself made my hands a little shaky, but no extravasation. I needed to shoot that time, since I had only taken 10, maybe 20mg oxy to allow me to sleep during the day lying on the sofa with a coat on my head to block light out, took 10mg nitrazepam (I had spare since I'd used until today only half of one day of a full week's script, since I'm now more or less accumulating a reserve until my doc won't give me any more, but its on repeat and the taper is on my own steam, unofficial, so at least I'll get more when if ever they do decide to stop it, that way whenever I really need stress relief, I have it then, right there and have only to reach for it and pop the pill out of the blister pack rather than make an appointment and beg, quite likely unsuccessfully if the doc isn't compliant. So I woke up initially withdrawing from the pain meds, got the oxy up my nose so it would act fast, to steady my hands and take my shot of morphine. Feel rather warm and fuzzy and relaxed now..just....mmmmmmmmmmm.

Would have been even nicer curled up in the PR's arms/lap/both like a pair of morphine-ated kittens (figuratively speaking re-kittens, since IIRC morphine and similar opiates are excitatory in the feline family and alternatives need to be used for pain relief in cats since the effect is quite different in a cat, with morphine than it is in a human)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:03:59 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6667 on: March 09, 2017, 04:08:52 PM »
I did.  After dealing with (TeH FINAL)  doctor appointment associated with my hip replacement this morning, I remembered a lot of things I had not done.

As of today I do not need to see the surgeon again until five years from now, unless I have troubles.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6668 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
I did.  After dealing with (TeH FINAL)  doctor appointment associated with my hip replacement this morning, I remembered a lot of things I had not done.

As of today I do not need to see the surgeon again until five years from now, unless I have troubles.

:asthing:   :2thumbsup:   :fiveshots: :party:   :shark: :crowd: :hadron: :headbang: :Rock: :dancers: :happydance: :dance: :oneliner: :meditate: boobs2:fun dance: :coolyo:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6669 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »

No offense taken QV. How is she? is she feeling any better now? and are you?

She's napping now.  She had another meltdown at therapy today, but I talked her through it rather than pick her up.  I feel it's critical that she learn to deal with as much as possible on her own.  Obviously not negotiating buying a house, but dealing with her emotions, managing her allowance, etc.  So far no gigantic success in this, but it's early days yet. 

I'm definitely going to drink some alcoholic libation tonight, probably blackberry cordial.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6670 on: March 09, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »
Dare I say it? I looked up herpes recently. Apparently 80% of people who have it don't realise they do, and to top that off, there's asymptomatic shedding, which means herpes can pass on and the person receiving it will likely never know where they got it. And in America, 50% of people have herpes. I think oral herpes is the most common, and a lot of people get it as kids.
How do they diagnose the undiagnosed herpes to quantify these percentages?

You're right! Apparently the testing for herpes is unreliable too. There was some study though on how often asymptomatic shedding occured. I dunno how they could reliably tell.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6671 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »
:2thumbsup:

In fact I was so intent on taking meds that I accidentally took The PRs meds by mistake.  I realized it pronto and promptly spit them out and gave them to her. (But I didn't tell her.)  Hey, we're related, share germs, clothes, etc.

Dare I say it? I looked up herpes recently. Apparently 80% of people who have it don't realise they do, and to top that off, there's asymptomatic shedding, which means herpes can pass on and the person receiving it will likely never know where they got it. And in America, 50% of people have herpes. I think oral herpes is the most common, and a lot of people get it as kids.
Around 80% of all cats are infected with feline herpes.  It can cause one of the types of sneezing disease. But as long as the general health is OK it will not show, just like in humans.

Aww, poor kitties. But yeh, it doesn't sound that bad for them.

I wonder if herpes would show up in someone like me, who has eczema. What do those supposed 80% of people have that the 20% doesn't? I mean, it's still high.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6672 on: March 09, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »

You're right! Apparently the testing for herpes is unreliable too. There was some study though on how often asymptomatic shedding occured. I dunno how they could reliably tell.
It comes across as creepy. 80% of people who have herpes don't realize it, as if someone knows but isn't telling them. :laugh:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6673 on: March 10, 2017, 06:57:46 AM »

It comes across as creepy. 80% of people who have herpes don't realize it, as if someone knows but isn't telling them. :laugh:

It must be a conspiracy!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6674 on: March 10, 2017, 11:12:40 AM »
 :2thumbsup: