Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106066 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #6645 on: March 07, 2017, 03:01:58 PM »
I did, yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6646 on: March 07, 2017, 08:40:51 PM »
 :2thumbsup:

In fact I was so intent on taking meds that I accidentally took The PRs meds by mistake.  I realized it pronto and promptly spit them out and gave them to her. (But I didn't tell her.)  Hey, we're related, share germs, clothes, etc.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6647 on: March 07, 2017, 08:57:47 PM »

Been very busy today, but I need to take mine now. Going.
 :headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6648 on: March 08, 2017, 01:50:29 AM »
Not yet, no. I will when I get there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6649 on: March 08, 2017, 02:41:22 AM »
you best have given them at least a rinse under the tap. Better thing would be to have given her next days dose and gone to get another day worth from the drs.

We are not amused :(
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6650 on: March 08, 2017, 04:19:07 AM »
I took an extra dexamphetamine tablet this afternoon. I had a networking class and wanted to concentrate on that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6651 on: March 08, 2017, 06:59:56 AM »
  Just took the Strattera.  Gearing up for another day's drudgery.  :autism:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6652 on: March 08, 2017, 09:08:13 AM »

In fact I was so intent on taking meds that I accidentally took The PRs meds by mistake.  I realized it pronto and promptly spit them out and gave them to her. (But I didn't tell her.)  Hey, we're related, share germs, clothes, etc.

Dare I say it? I looked up herpes recently. Apparently 80% of people who have it don't realise they do, and to top that off, there's asymptomatic shedding, which means herpes can pass on and the person receiving it will likely never know where they got it. And in America, 50% of people have herpes. I think oral herpes is the most common, and a lot of people get it as kids.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6653 on: March 08, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
To me though, it sounds closer to home to say that 1 in 5 people experience symptoms, and 1 in 2 have herpes.
:dog:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6654 on: March 08, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »
you best have given them at least a rinse under the tap. Better thing would be to have given her next days dose and gone to get another day worth from the drs.

We are not amused :(

If I rinsed them under the tap they would have dissolved.  We've always been pretty comfy sharing things, so I knew it was no biggie for her. 

(And you owe me 5000 pounds for copping my trademarked line.)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6655 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »

Dare I say it? I looked up herpes recently. Apparently 80% of people who have it don't realise they do, and to top that off, there's asymptomatic shedding, which means herpes can pass on and the person receiving it will likely never know where they got it. And in America, 50% of people have herpes. I think oral herpes is the most common, and a lot of people get it as kids.

Yes I know quite a few people with "kissing" herpes.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6656 on: March 08, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »
Could have used other days worth and got a replacement from the doc.

So no I don't :P

Added bitch-didn't see the doc I was meant to, had to get a replacement at the very last minute after turning up and finding the doctor in question (thankfully not my regular doc, the really decent one,) had been in a car crash, snapped his arm

And its taken me, that brief rousing for the dr appt aside, at 4pm from morning until just now, at 9:20 in the evening
to even wake up from the heavy, heavy doses of antiseizure/heavy-duty tranquilizer type meds  in combination with my painkillers and muscle relaxers etc. Stuff hits like a sledgehammer even at smaller doses, this time I had to push it, stagewise, all the way up to 'survivable doses'

Thankfully my old man has now just gone out to go to a bar with some of his friends, so he's going to take his time and I'll have some additional time online before he gets back since hopefully he'll get good and soused and not pay attention to the time much.

Another bitch is that one of the receptionists has a blood clot on her lung, a really quite sweet young lass, very likeable, nice girl, funny to talk with. But shes been treated in an outpatient setting, still able to do her job so hopefully it isn't a truly serious one. Not that there are any GOOD kinds of course. And I swear, she keeps flirting with me. Giving me looks even a spazz like me can't fail to pick up on, and in the way she talks with me (sometimes making people wait until shes finished the conversation to book in even:P)

Could be worse people to have that from though by far, even if she is NT, since she IS cute, and seems a genuinely nice girl, early 20s, I doubt very much over 25, maybe 26 or so, and admittedly, very pretty. Although pretty sure she isn't autistic.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:38:58 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6657 on: March 08, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »

Around 80% of all cats are infected with feline herpes.  It can cause one of the types of sneezing disease. But as long as the general health is OK it will not show, just like in humans.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6658 on: March 08, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
Could have used other days worth and got a replacement from the doc.

So no I don't :P

Added bitch-didn't see the doc I was meant to, had to get a replacement at the very last minute after turning up and finding the doctor in question (thankfully not my regular doc, the really decent one,) had been in a car crash, snapped his arm

And its taken me, that brief rousing for the dr appt aside, at 4pm from morning until just now, at 9:20 in the evening
to even wake up from the heavy, heavy doses of antiseizure/heavy-duty tranquilizer type meds  in combination with my painkillers and muscle relaxers etc. Stuff hits like a sledgehammer even at smaller doses, this time I had to push it, stagewise, all the way up to 'survivable doses'

Thankfully my old man has now just gone out to go to a bar with some of his friends, so he's going to take his time and I'll have some additional time online before he gets back since hopefully he'll get good and soused and not pay attention to the time much.

Another bitch is that one of the receptionists has a blood clot on her lung, a really quite sweet young lass, very likeable, nice girl, funny to talk with. But shes been treated in an outpatient setting, still able to do her job so hopefully it isn't a truly serious one. Not that there are any GOOD kinds of course. And I swear, she keeps flirting with me. Giving me looks even a spazz like me can't fail to pick up on, and in the way she talks with me (sometimes making people wait until shes finished the conversation to book in even:P)

Could be worse people to have that from though by far, even if she is NT, since she IS cute, and seems a genuinely nice girl, early 20s, I doubt very much over 25, maybe 26 or so, and admittedly, very pretty. Although pretty sure she isn't autistic.

I'm sorry to be such an angry bitch, but.......  We have a back up supply of all meds simply because of meds not taken (forgot to) or not given (stomach sickness - no sense wasting them if they'll be thrown up.)  It's hard enough that I have to keep all meds (prescription and over the counter) locked up and all sharp objects (knives, can openers, scissors, sewing needles, nail files, etc) locked up also.  It is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS when you want an aspirin or a knife to spread butter on your toast and you have to lift a tool box and unlock the DAMN thing.  Then relock it and place the tool box back where it belongs.  I wasn't about to do that again yesterday to get her fresh meds. 

BTW, I also have to keep all money under similar protective measures because she's been taking money from my wallet.  Every time I leave the house I have to unlock a third damn tool chest and get my wallet out.  I am FUCKING TIRED of living under lock and key.  But I do it because it's necessary.

That means I have 3 different combinations I have to remember and again, I'm sorry to be a sorry, angry bitch, but, sometimes I just am.

So, think ill of me if you want, but I don't give a rat's ass.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:54:43 PM by Queen Victoria »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6659 on: March 08, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
How do they diagnose the undiagnosed herpes to quantify these percentages?