Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 38443 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #720 on: November 10, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »

I was just coming back to add you to the list.  8)

No one ever adds me to the list.  >:(
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #721 on: November 11, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »

You're on quite a few target lists.  :trollskull:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #722 on: November 11, 2016, 11:05:16 AM »
Pay bills
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #723 on: November 11, 2016, 11:34:38 AM »
So what have you contributed to the society lately?

Don't get me wrong: I'm far from supporting Lestat's drug-fuelled fantasies. But really , Odeon, that's an horribly cheap and completely irrelevant comback.  And that's not the frist time I've seen you throw that one in

What the heck you think you're doing, on an Aspie Board, FFS, coming across as worthier-than-thou, just  because you're in renumerative  employment, and quite a number of us are not? You do know that's  a very common aspie problem , don't you? You do know that , very often, people's  self-esteem plummets to a  suicidal low on that account? Especially here in Britain, where the unemployed and disabled are the new Jews, according to various unscrupulous politicians and media?

Yeah, I do know this isn't a Kumbuyaa-singing support group; it's the "grow -a-thick skin" group, but that really is the pits. What the heck is possessing you?

Did you read the post that triggered mine? The one where Lestat explained how he'd shoot Muslims on sight? Why is it that you react on my post but not on his? Is it because of whom he targets?

Muslims are the new Jews, Walkie, not the unemployed, and if you think I'm being harsh because I react when faced with blatant bigotry, then get used to it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #724 on: November 11, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »
So what have you contributed to the society lately?

Don't get me wrong: I'm far from supporting Lestat's drug-fuelled fantasies. But really , Odeon, that's an horribly cheap and completely irrelevant comback.  And that's not the frist time I've seen you throw that one in

What the heck you think you're doing, on an Aspie Board, FFS, coming across as worthier-than-thou, just  because you're in renumerative  employment, and quite a number of us are not? You do know that's  a very common aspie problem , don't you? You do know that , very often, people's  self-esteem plummets to a  suicidal low on that account? Especially here in Britain, where the unemployed and disabled are the new Jews, according to various unscrupulous politicians and media?

Yeah, I do know this isn't a Kumbuyaa-singing support group; it's the "grow -a-thick skin" group, but that really is the pits. What the heck is possessing you?

There's other means than financial to contribute to society.
I know that, but it's rarely recognised nowadays, at least not in Britain  eg a full time mother looking after her own children is nowadays regarded as a lazy, self-indulgent  "drain on society" , wheras  a nanny , professional foster parent and the like are regarded as making an honourable contribution to society. It all hangs on whether you participate in "economic activity", such that the taxman gets a cut

That's one of the things that makes me sick about modern Britain. Valuing everything in terms of currency (as we now do) has had the effect of devaluing and marginalising a lot of very important activity, and of raising up things that are trivial or else downright antisocial. eg working in a call centre. 

I imagine that Odeon is very well aware of the current ethos.

My post was not about valuing anything in terms of currency but highlighting a bigoted comment.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #725 on: November 11, 2016, 11:38:13 AM »
I might consider contributing to society when I get tired of contributing to myself.  :zoinks:

Don't bother; society will not thank you. :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #726 on: November 11, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »
Its one thing being british to begin with then becoming too disabled to work and having no CHOICE but to rely on the state for their bread and breakfast, and a little if left over to do things they wish to do, such as my slowly accumulating the things I save for, for my lab.

Than someone coming over with the deliberate intent to steal, engage in organized deliberate aggressive begging, whilst faking sickness, from their country, to pickpocket, rob and sponge in that sense, and lie to sponge off the state. That is NOTHING like actually being british, being entitled to claim, and thence claiming when one is too disabled to, or whilst one cannot find work (disability/sick benefit and unemployment respectively) And anyone can ask  me, other than the organized romanian vermin. Those fuckers DO come over in gangs, employing their large child families to beg aggressively, to outright thieve, to pickpocket, to rape, rob, burgle and sponge off the states by means of making up completely false stories to put down on the application forms. THAT is sponging. Taking benefits, of the country you are native or naturalized in, because you NEED them, is not sponging.  Not in my book anyway. Anyone can ask.

You're a real humanitarian. My comment stands.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #727 on: November 11, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
Lestat might be prejudiced,or [insert your favourite Lestat slur here here] , but he said what he said, it was cogent enough, for what it's worth; and he presumably meant it quite seriously . Of course, anyone at all has a right to challenge him about it, but  Odeon was coming across as saying that Lestat's lowly socio-economic status invalidated his opinion, and he had nothing further to say  than that.  He didn't actually address Lestat's arguments at all.  Not that I can  blame people for not troubling to address Lestat's arguments (neither did I, come to that)  but let's not pretend that we've addressed those arguments. 

There were no arguments, just the usual bigoted bullshit. It deserves no discussion, just a flame, and I was being far nicer than what he deserved. If he, or anyone else for that matter, wants to see what the world is really like, there is always Google.

And his bigotry invalidates his opinions, not his social status.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #728 on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »
Yeah, well, that's exactly what i think. But how do you know, Weeble? He might be feeling that Walkie having a go him was the last little  straw as regards diligently  catering for this ungrateful rabble. He might be deciding how best to package up the server, and physically send it off to Scrappy along with the original model for  our famous turd icon. He might be....

Trust me, Scrappy is just about the last person on the planet who'd ever get ownership of this server.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #729 on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »
a rash of similar comments from Odeon
Like what? Won't disagree that Odeon can come sometimes across as having an air of superiority, but personally like that in people when it's for certain reasons. People with a positive self-esteem probably do believe on some level they are special or better than others in some way. Never really know how to take people who can only find that in mere birthrights, such as being intelligent, a certain race, born of a particular place or circumstance, things like that. It's not as appealing, but still more so than low self-esteem. So it's possible odeon has said a rash of worthier-than-though things because of his personal accomplishments, and I didn't notice because I like that about him. :laugh:

People sure read a lot into my posts. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #730 on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:44 AM »

Gotta be coincidence,
Probably.

Actually I've planned it for MONTHS. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #731 on: November 11, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »

You're on quite a few target lists.  :trollskull:

:woohoo:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #732 on: November 11, 2016, 09:32:14 PM »
I might consider contributing to society when I get tired of contributing to myself.  :zoinks:

I know, right? Bunch of ungrateful bastards, society.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #733 on: November 12, 2016, 04:40:09 AM »

I know, right? Bunch of ungrateful bastards, society.  :zoinks:

Not contributing will show them. :trollface:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #734 on: November 12, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
I need to rip out the carpet in the living room and chisel up the multiple layers of linoleum in the kitchen to level out the floor for the new stuff.

I really don't wanna. :bigcry:

:LOL: