Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39228 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »
Quote from: odeon link=topic=13700.msg605319#msg605319 =1275673129
Yes, but some are more sensitive than others. Ironically, a special ed class with only half a dozen students can be a lot worse than a 30-people class. It takes just one kid with Tourette's as a comorbid.

True. He was in a class for kids with Aspergers. There were 7 boys but one of them (ironically born on the same day in the same year as him) had opposite triggers to hm. So they constantly set each other off. S is incredibly sensitive. It got to the point where the only way he could be in a school was to be in a closet they converted into a makeshift classroom and only have his support worker with them. Occassionaly they would bring in a child he clicked with to his area and they would work well together.

Sometimes his Tourettes is his own worst enemy though. ;)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #271 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »
depends what the weather's like. hopefully going somewhere tho

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »
Quote from: odeon link=topic=13700.msg605319#msg605319 =1275673129
Yes, but some are more sensitive than others. Ironically, a special ed class with only half a dozen students can be a lot worse than a 30-people class. It takes just one kid with Tourette's as a comorbid.

True. He was in a class for kids with Aspergers. There were 7 boys but one of them (ironically born on the same day in the same year as him) had opposite triggers to hm. So they constantly set each other off. S is incredibly sensitive. It got to the point where the only way he could be in a school was to be in a closet they converted into a makeshift classroom and only have his support worker with them. Occassionaly they would bring in a child he clicked with to his area and they would work well together.

Sometimes his Tourettes is his own worst enemy though. ;)

Sounds pretty similar to my kid's situation. He and the other kid constantly trigger off each other as they are opposites.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2010, 07:08:35 AM »
I want to go to my sons school and have some words with them but my wife believes I will be arrested so she is going

It's cool how some married couples have that division of labor so that the calmer one does the confrontational stuff.
In my family it was my father who would do it, because my mother would get too mad! Irish temper, ya know! :laugh:

My husband handles most of our confrontational issues because people tend to run right over me, but they can't do that to him.  I'm much calmer than he is, though.

It's interesting that different situations call for different personalities. Sometimes the best one to confront is the loud angry partner; other times a calm and quiet personality works best.

As for me, when very upset I just tend to :bigcry:, not to manipulate (as my mother used to think ::) ), but because I'm simply a crybaby type, and that often ends up working! Go figure...
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »
possibly going to the pub. not sure

Celticgoddess

« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
Getting monkeyboy ready for his day out. He's going on an outing with other kids from Autism Ontario to a local farm. I'll post a link to it tomorrow. It's a really cool place. Run by a retired principal who takes in animals with special needs and runs camps for kids with special needs. the kids help take care of the animals and the animals offer therapy to the kids.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2010, 10:45:37 AM »
that sounds really cool.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »

We are having some people over.

OMFG!! NO!! NOT THAT,  PLEASE,  NOT PEOPLE OVER - EVER!!!!

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I am going to meet the parents and cook for them all, tomorrow.    :yikes:

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Hopefully your wife and daughter will do most of the hostess-y stuff and minimize your distress.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »

Hoping for the best for everyone.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »
Drink lots of water. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
Do the dishes I shoud have done tonight, bake some chicken for today's dinner and later in the week.  Will also chop some up seasonings (red and green bell peppers, red onions, celery in the same packet) and put the packets in the freezer for future meals, plant 3 tomato plants I bought, do general straightening in the house.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »

Hopefully your wife and daughter will do most of the hostess-y stuff and minimize your distress.

'kay, so how am I supposed to keep some stranger off my "record player."   I fucking can not tolerate some stranger thinking that, for even one instant, that they can see my cool stuff.

My house is my own and my cool stuff is out where it can be seen if someone hits my fucking door. I can not have any one hit my fucking door!~

~~~ <enforces deep breathing upon self>

I am sure that I am not completely without peer in these xenophobiaic reservations. Please, some one speak up!

I can not be the only one who does NOT want strangers in their house, FFS!!!

goddamnit

:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:11:40 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »

once this entire shit is over, i will probably speak mostly in nautical terms, even more than what seems natural to someone who has as deep a fear of deep water as i do
 :violin:

Hey, Ho!!

see, that is not street talk, even though the same "hail"  in street talk would actually be quite a bit more funny than if used as a nautical reference
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:30:33 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2010, 06:32:17 PM »

hey, ho'

see, it is better understood when used as common street slang.