Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39638 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
In Sweden there are all sorts of cunts reporting this or that to the police.

A son of one of my mum's former working colleagues went to a special class for ADHD kids. He threatened to hit the teacher, though he didn't do it, so the fucking coward reported the kid to the cops. What did he have to do as a teacher for children with special needs in the first place?

That's horrible.  I doubt my daughter would last very long in a class with a teacher like that.

It makes me wonder why they want to teach special needs children when they have no tolerance for them.

TheoK

« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
In Sweden there are all sorts of cunts reporting this or that to the police.

A son of one of my mum's former working colleagues went to a special class for ADHD kids. He threatened to hit the teacher, though he didn't do it, so the fucking coward reported the kid to the cops. What did he have to do as a teacher for children with special needs in the first place?

That's horrible.  I doubt my daughter would last very long in a class with a teacher like that.

It makes me wonder why they want to teach special needs children when they have no tolerance for them.

They probably get higher wages.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2010, 01:42:18 PM »
The teachers aren't to blame. Their boss is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2010, 02:47:41 PM »
pub

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
I want to go to my sons school and have some words with them but my wife believes I will be arrested so she is going
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »

I am going to replace my fucking dead-assed chainsaw, so I can finish off the ill-placed trees that are shading my pool.  (fear not, I have pantloads of fucking trees, but I want my goddamn POOL in free SUN)

I have broken the chain twice since last fall.  Something is out of whack and I am tired of trying to adjust it every ten minutes.

I want a new one!! I have work to do!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2010, 06:43:11 PM »

I am going to replace my fucking dead-assed chainsaw, so I can finish off the ill-placed trees that are shading my pool.  (fear not, I have pantloads of fucking trees, but I want my goddamn POOL in free SUN)

I have broken the chain twice since last fall.  Something is out of whack and I am tired of trying to adjust it every ten minutes.

Like my husband says, better to get the tool you need to do the job before you do the job instead of after you do it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »

Like my husband says, better to get the tool you need to do the job before you do the job instead of after you do it.
:asthing:

NO SHIT!!

I have been trying to fix this old thing and keep it going for two years.
 :violin:

Tomorrow, I will have a new one, probably a Husky, this time, instead of a Homelite.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:34 PM »
I want to go to my sons school and have some words with them but my wife believes I will be arrested so she is going

It's cool how some married couples have that division of labor so that the calmer one does the confrontational stuff.
In my family it was my father who would do it, because my mother would get too mad! Irish temper, ya know! :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »

It's cool how some married couples have that division of labor so that the calmer one does the confrontational stuff.
In my family it was my father who would do it, because my mother would get too mad! Irish temper, ya know! :laugh:

My husband handles most of our confrontational issues because people tend to run right over me, but they can't do that to him.  I'm much calmer than he is, though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

I know what you mean. My wife didn't want me to talk to the school the other day, when the threatened to report my son to the police.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »
All this talk of kids and schools, so glad I'm homeschooling now.

Tomorrow is laundry and hanging out with the kids.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2010, 11:30:09 AM »
It's not all bad but sometimes I wonder...

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »
Oh I know. S went through 5 schools until I pulled him on the day of his tenth birthday. For us it was the right move. He wasn't functioning and was nowhere near the potential I knew he had. Now we're unschooling (using life as a classroom and doing hands on activities instead of so many paper pencil tasks) and the change has been incredible.

When his brain was overloaded he couldn't concentrate on learning because he was just trying to function. When you take the overstimulation away, learning can happen. It's the same for anyone really.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
Yes, but some are more sensitive than others. Ironically, a special ed class with only half a dozen students can be a lot worse than a 30-people class. It takes just one kid with Tourette's as a comorbid.

- Albert Einstein