Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
Hi
« on: September 11, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
Hi.

I registered last night (where I live, that is), and after lurking around a bit, have decided to introduce myself and give this forum a try.

I don't really know what to expect from this forum, or if I'll fit in. If I do, though, I'll generally show less restraint than on other forums. Perhaps I'll think of a good way to let off some steam, (of which I have plenty in storage, though I'll need to think of a way to properly express it before being able to do so in an intelligible and meaningful way) and perhaps spout some maniacal nonsense, as well as some of my bitter, cynical, misanthropic philosophy and highly rational, though more than a little unconventional, ideas.

As for my seemingly random username, it is one of my otherwise recognizeable (if you happen to know me, which you likely don't, as I stick to frequenting only a few communities of different kinds), though not yet widely used, usernames, encryped in a shoddy way. Having had to register before having throughoutly checked to see if I would likely fit this forum, I decided to do so to remain somewhat anonymous.

I have both AS and Tourette's, and apart from that, were anyone remotely normal to gain full insight into my thoughts and experiences, I am sure my mental health would be concidered more than a little questionable. (though I would hardly be concidered a threat to myself and others, as my behavior is exceptionally rational and quite nice, though I'm seen as an exceptionally weird nerd when I let more than a little of what lies below the surface show) Unless the person in question were to fully understand all of my reasoning, in which case s/he would probably suffer a near-instantaneous mental breakdown.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:21:41 PM »
Hi Fyusfnlvzrr,

* odeon thinks the nick is catchy.

Welcome to the board! Everything you've heard is true.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 03:24:16 PM »
Ey up Fyusfnlvzrr, welcome to Intensity².  8)

Nonsense is good, and we don't generally have rules here so holding back shouldn't be an issue. ;)

Feel free to lurk awhile, or dive in wherever you see someone spouting bollocks. Which is pretty much everywhere.  ;D 

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:57:42 PM »
Hi Fyusfnlvzrr - we like steam. Don't bother to make it intelligible and meaningful or you'll be like me and get people deciding you're a stuck-up elitist prig.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »
Not that I'm sure if that would hurt, but I think I'll still mix in some ranting of questionable sanity; it would be a shame to miss a good opportunity to do so.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
Hi Fyusfnlvzrr - we like steam. Don't bother to make it intelligible and meaningful or you'll be like me and get people deciding you're a stuck-up elitist prig.

I haven't noticed anyone saying that about you, but don't you think that by insinuating that most of us don't make 'intelligble and meaningful' posts you kind of are acting that way??

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:12:05 PM »
Sure. I'm acting that way. I never said I don't bring it on myself.

Actually this was another (apparently failed) attempt to do humor.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »
Sure. I'm acting that way. I never said I don't bring it on myself.

Actually this was another (apparently failed) attempt to do humor.

I think if you'd made that comment to an old member, rather than a newbie I'd have read it as a joke rather than a warning dig  :laugh:

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »
Hi.  I keep reading your name as fuzzylover, so that's what I'm calling you from now on.  It sounds warm.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »
Hi.  I keep reading your name as fuzzylover, so that's what I'm calling you from now on.  It sounds warm.

So do I now  :)

I just realised I never said hi to Fyusfnlvzrr- so Hi and I hope you enjoy Intensity²  :)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 05:46:05 PM »
You will have to do better than that to decode it.;) Not particularly accurate a description, but I guess I'll endure it. :P

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 06:32:48 PM »
hello.  we have already introduced each other to one another.

two things:
* i hope you are not too sensitive.

* i would like to call you:   f-yu
Misunderstood.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »
Quote from: McJagger
* i hope you are not too sensitive.
In this regard, not particularly.
Quote from: McJagger
* i would like to call you:   f-yu
Certainly much better than "fuzzylover", at least.;)

Though if I ever find you using it towards me as a substitute for what it would appear to be an abbreviation for, instead of merely to address me, I'll make sure to refer to you using a variety of far-fetched, ridiculous, crappy puns of your username as retribution.

duncvis

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »
mcfagger is a popular one. have that as a welcome gift.  ;D

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 07:32:26 PM »
Thanks, but that one I already thought of; too obvious for someone with a sense of humor as punny as mine.