Author Topic: what are you drinking right now?  (Read 127917 times)

Litigious

Re: what are you drinking right now?
« Reply #1545 on: January 12, 2007, 06:19:37 AM »
 :coffee:

Litigious

« Reply #1546 on: January 12, 2007, 06:22:13 AM »
My son has even worse problems sleeping than I do, and finally, he'll get melatonin. This being Sweden--and I sooo agree with you on this--the doctor needs to apply for some sort of permit in order to actually prescribe it to him. ::)

Yep, even though they're doctors, they have to have a special license for prescribing that specific medicine.

ozymandias

« Reply #1547 on: January 12, 2007, 07:14:02 AM »
We can't buy melatonin in Sweden. It was free for a short period, but now it's not allowed to sell it. How unexpected.  ::)

Benadryl is a prescription drug here, though I don't see why. You can't get a "kick" out of it. But of course Big Brother must take care of us and protect us from ourselves...

Can't find any mentioning of Benadryl, Lit. Is it sold under another name? Is it like Atarax (that's what they prescribed to me)? Atarax doesn't work.  >:(

My son has even worse problems sleeping than I do, and finally, he'll get melatonin. This being Sweden--and I sooo agree with you on this--the doctor needs to apply for some sort of permit in order to actually prescribe it to him. ::)

Benadryl's generic name is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride!

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1548 on: January 12, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »
Strong green tea.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Graelwyn

« Reply #1549 on: January 12, 2007, 09:18:35 AM »
My usual...damn I must give everyone a shock someday and change my usual getting up drink... mix of normal and decaff coffee.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1550 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »
Why do you drink a mixture of the two btw?

Graelwyn

« Reply #1551 on: January 12, 2007, 09:23:12 AM »
Well I have to be careful with my intake of caffeine because I am prone to anxiety attacks. I never used to be but since I developed a thyroid condition, I am hyper sensitive to both caffeine and alcohol. I suppose because my metabolic rate is slower than before.

So I have some of each, and rest of day I have only decaff.

Litigious

« Reply #1552 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »
I think there is a little caffeine in "decaffed" as well. it's almost impossible to get all of it out.

Graelwyn

« Reply #1553 on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
True, but the amount in decaff doesn't have an effect on me unless I have masses and I only on average have 3 cups a day

Litigious

« Reply #1554 on: January 12, 2007, 09:33:09 AM »
I'm drinking Pepsi now.  :glug:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1555 on: January 12, 2007, 11:18:30 AM »
We can't buy melatonin in Sweden. It was free for a short period, but now it's not allowed to sell it. How unexpected.  ::)

Benadryl is a prescription drug here, though I don't see why. You can't get a "kick" out of it. But of course Big Brother must take care of us and protect us from ourselves...

Can't find any mentioning of Benadryl, Lit. Is it sold under another name? Is it like Atarax (that's what they prescribed to me)? Atarax doesn't work.  >:(

Benadryl's generic name is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride!

Catchy name. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #1556 on: January 12, 2007, 03:46:54 PM »
Will get some Benadryl to try tomorrow, if I remember (which is doubtful  :laugh: )

Just tried Wychwood Fiddler's Elbow - not bad, quite hoppy and bitter, pretty refreshing but I've supped better in that style. Moved on to Hobgoblin now, I'd have got three but they only had two left at the store hence trying the other Wychwood brew in stock. Hobgoblin pwns though, so yay :beer: :beergrin:

Litigious

« Reply #1557 on: January 12, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »
Lots of Talisker.  :glug:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1558 on: January 12, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »
Carlsberg beer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Graelwyn

« Reply #1559 on: January 12, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
The dregs of a decaff cappuccino