Educational

Author Topic: gripe of the day  (Read 1875 times)

Triste

gripe of the day
« on: September 06, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »
i've decided to allow myself only one rant per day.  y'all are welcome to join me in ranting about whatever, in fact, i encourage you to add stuff if only so i don't feel like i'm the only one who gripes.

i intend to start ranting about the un-user-friendly policies of my local public library, but i really need thr use of two hands to do the rant justice.  so until i'm up and running, i'll let someone else start this off with a flourish.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: gripe of the day
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 11:40:39 PM »
I guess I'll start ranting about all the shit that's happened to me since I moved into my dorm.

1) First off, this room didn't come with nearly as much storage as my old room. My old room had one of those closet-thingies (I forget what they're called) with a big drawer underneath it, and three little drawers. There wasn't a lot of room to hang things up in the close, but it was fine. It also came with a dresser. This room has NO dresser. Just one of the closet thingies, and under the closet part two medium-sized drawers. I was already worried that all my clothes wouldn't fit (I've got a lot of clothes), and then it turned out one of the drawers was broken! That really pissed me off and threw off my unpacking. I had to put a work order in (God knows when they'll finally fix it) and haven't unpacked my clothes yet.  >:(

2) My school requires you to register your computer before you can use it to connect to the internet. At the beginning of the semester, this takes a long time because the server is very busy with so many students registering at the same time. Because of this, one of the first things I did was hook up my computer. When I opened my web browser, I got "this page cannot be displayed" instead of the registration page that usually comes up! I tried to fix it Sunday night and Labor day, but my attempts were futile. So yesterday I wound up sitting in IT with 10 or 15 other people who couldn't connect to the internet, and luckily they fixed it pretty quickly. Still, it was an annoying hassle to be with no internet for 3 days, especially when there's not a lot to do.

3) After going to IT yesterday, I went to the bookstore to ask if my voucher had come in for my books. (I get a voucher from voc rehab, or Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, as it is called in New Jersey.) They told me it hadn't come in and to call my DVR counselor. I went back to my room, and he told me he had sent it August 29 and to go to Student Accounts since that's who they mailed it to, along with my tuition aid money. Student Accounts said that if they got the voucher, they would have sent to to the bookstore and that they did get the other money. They said that if it wasn't in the computer at the bookstore, that it was probably in the back. I went BACK to the bookstore, and they still couldn't find it. They told me to ask my DVR counselor to fax over the information. So I did. I was too lazy to go back to the bookstore though, which is why I went today. Finally, I got my books.

On top of all that other crap I had to do yesterday, I had to go to the teaching department so I could make sure I could still apply. I had been panicking for days over something I saw on the application (if what was on the application was true, I wouldn't be able to apply because I wouldn't have  enough credits in my major.) Luckily, the advisor I talked to said I was fine. I still gotta write my 4 page essay for it though, and it's due Monday, 9/11.  :-\

4) Today I got woken up by maintenance men coming to fix the mold on my ceiling. (Yep, there was mold. I'm allergic to it too.) I wasn't even wearing a bra.  >:( After they left I went back to sleep and hours later got woken up by another maintenance man wanting to check my air conditioning filter.

So that's all the crap I've gone through. Luckily, most of it was resolved. Unfortunately I still have the broken drawer though.  :(

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 11:43:20 PM »
i think carla is going to like this thread.

my gripe is with slow driving cars in the fastlane.

wtf- if they want to go 50 miles per hour, why don't they drive in the same lane as the truck drivers.  i mean, thats as fast as they go anyways, and if the get behind one, then they can get better gas mileage by drafting.

nascar term.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »
I don't know why you'd want to limit yourself to one rant a day, I love rants, I wish people would rant more often.  I hear about aspies having the problem where they rant ceaselessly over one topic, and i'm always disappointed I don't hear that more in wrongplanet chat or where ever.  You all know shit about physics, biology, and other sciences and studies I could just be absorbing right now, but you decline to.

* Nomaken wants more ranting.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 12:05:48 AM »
I don't know why you'd want to limit yourself to one rant a day, I love rants, I wish people would rant more often.  I hear about aspies having the problem where they rant ceaselessly over one topic, and i'm always disappointed I don't hear that more in wrongplanet chat or where ever.  You all know shit about physics, biology, and other sciences and studies I could just be absorbing right now, but you decline to.

* Nomaken wants more ranting.

I would rant more if it wouldn't bore people. I'm sure no one is going to read through my last post.  :-[ :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 12:11:35 AM »
I read through it, I just did not know what to say.  What is wrong with your drawer?  What on it is broken?

At least you have a room to yourself.

I had a spell of temporary insanity for a short time in college when I thought it would improve my people skills to move into a house off campus with four other girls.  I didn't know any of them.  We drove each other crazy.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 12:21:33 AM »
I read through it, i'm waiting for more.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 12:41:49 AM »
The closet thing is a armoire I believe QC. ;D
Guardian of the Empire

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 01:36:19 AM »
I read through it, I just did not know what to say.  What is wrong with your drawer?  What on it is broken?

At least you have a room to yourself.
I had a spell of temporary insanity for a short time in college when I thought it would improve my people skills to move into a house off campus with four other girls.  I didn't know any of them.  We drove each other crazy.

I had roommates my freshman year that drove me crazy. Now I only live in singles.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 01:38:21 AM »
the nails are still in it, even with that piece of wood gone. they need to be taken out, and then it needs to be nailed in. a man's job.  :laugh:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 01:59:16 AM »
I read through it, i'm waiting for more.

Waiting for what?
The closet thing is a armoire I believe QC. ;D

Ah, thank you. :)

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 02:31:03 AM »
Your welcome QC.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:32:10 AM »
More ranting.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 02:35:12 AM »
More ranting.

Oh, perhaps another time. I'm kinda tired now.  :laugh:

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore