Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138732 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #10065 on: August 22, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »
At the fifth year of highschool, there would always be a trip to either Paris or London. Of course, I was in that one year that went for Belgium instead.   :violin:
Personally I would like Belgium but I guess for you that would be like visiting Santa Cruz is for me.

Yeah, we still could choose what group we went with, the one to the Dutch speaking bit of Belgium or different. I chose for different, and ended up in German speaking Belgium.  :duh: I was raised so close to the German border, that lots of people went for grocery-shopping and petrol to Germany.

Well, saw London a few years later. Still have not seen Paris. But, who knows. May happen one day.
How far are you from Paris Hyke? When I go to France I want to try and fit in a trip on a high speed train, we don't have any here, the Germans, Japs and French have all the good technology in trains.  :-[

On foot it's 544 km google tells me.

You could take the Thalys to Rotterdam, and from there we could think up a place in the Netherlands to meet.  :thumbup:
That would be cool, 544 km doesn't sound too far by high speed train but I know fitting such things into the schedule can be a nuisance. I live close by Redwoods but haven't taken the time to see them for 20 + years.

Would be cool indeed.

Are there things you'd want to see in my country?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #10066 on: August 22, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
At the fifth year of highschool, there would always be a trip to either Paris or London. Of course, I was in that one year that went for Belgium instead.   :violin:
Personally I would like Belgium but I guess for you that would be like visiting Santa Cruz is for me.

Yeah, we still could choose what group we went with, the one to the Dutch speaking bit of Belgium or different. I chose for different, and ended up in German speaking Belgium.  :duh: I was raised so close to the German border, that lots of people went for grocery-shopping and petrol to Germany.

Well, saw London a few years later. Still have not seen Paris. But, who knows. May happen one day.
How far are you from Paris Hyke? When I go to France I want to try and fit in a trip on a high speed train, we don't have any here, the Germans, Japs and French have all the good technology in trains.  :-[

You could take the Thalys to Rotterdam, and from there we could think up a place in the Netherlands to meet.  :thumbup:
That would be cool, 544 km doesn't sound too far by high speed train but I know fitting such things into the schedule can be a nuisance. I live close by Redwoods but haven't taken the time to see them for 20 + years.

Would be cool indeed.

Nothing in particular at this point. I like old buildings, Churches, Art museums, cobblestone streets and local foods (excluding nasty stuff like menudo or balut ) when I visit different places. Who speaks German in Belgium the Flemings or Walloons?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10067 on: August 22, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »

Would be cool indeed.

Nothing in particular at this point. I like old buildings, Churches, Art museums, cobblestone streets and local foods (excluding nasty stuff like menudo or balut ) when I visit different places. Who speaks German in Belgium the Flemings or Walloons?

The Flemings speak Dutch, the Wallons speak French, and, as if that is not enough, there is a part in eastern Belgium where they speak German. I only found that out during that trip. Nice surroundings there though.

P7PSP

« Reply #10068 on: August 22, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »
Is the Thalys a train route?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10069 on: August 22, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »

No, it's a highspeed train.  :thumbup:

P7PSP

« Reply #10070 on: August 22, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »

:headbang2: We voted for a high speed train bond here in California (even though I usually don't vote for bonds) but the state is too broke to do it right now.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10071 on: August 22, 2010, 03:50:07 PM »

:headbang2: We voted for a high speed train bond here in California (even though I usually don't vote for bonds) but the state is too broke to do it right now.

There was to be a high speed train to connect the north east to the western part of the Netherlands. Was supposed to run not too far from where I live. But, despite all the promises to the people in the north east, lack of money did stop that project.

P7PSP

« Reply #10072 on: August 22, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »

There was to be a high speed train to connect the north east to the western part of the Netherlands. Was supposed to run not too far from where I live. But, despite all the promises to the people in the north east, lack of money did stop that project.
Does Netherlands have a bicamarel legislature?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10073 on: August 22, 2010, 04:00:20 PM »

What is bicaramel?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10074 on: August 22, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »

What is bicaramel?

Mmmmm, two kinds of caramel...  :drool:

In a bicameral legislature, there are two parties represented, as in the U.S., where we have Republicans and Democrats.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:06:52 PM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10075 on: August 22, 2010, 04:07:22 PM »

What is bicaramel?

In a bicameral legislature, there are two parties represented, as in the U.S., where we have Republicans and Democrats.

I am ignorant, ignore that!   :duh:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10076 on: August 22, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »

What is bicaramel?

Last time I voted, I could pick my choice between 19 parties.  :asthing:  I remember that one election there were even 23  :duh:

So, not bicaramel, but a whole candy store.  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10077 on: August 22, 2010, 04:11:43 PM »

What is bicaramel?

Last time I voted, I could pick my choice between 19 parties.  :asthing:  I remember that one election there were even 23  :duh:

But I think I was wrong about the meaning of the term, that's why I edited it! Maybe Wiki can help us!  :idea:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10078 on: August 22, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »

What is bicaramel?

I am ignorant, ignore that!   :duh:
:o

So, now I am none the wiser?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10079 on: August 22, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »

What is bicaramel?

But I think I was wrong about the meaning of the term, that's why I edited it! Maybe Wiki can help us!  :idea:

Googling for bicaramel got me to sites that had expired, or scantily dressed ladies.