Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138751 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #6870 on: August 15, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »
Waking up so I can get ready for work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6871 on: August 15, 2008, 04:46:50 AM »
Drinking coffee while thinking about what to do next.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6872 on: August 15, 2008, 08:04:21 AM »
Waiting for the wife to get back from dropping our youngest son off at kinder so then I can take the older boys to see Star Wars The Clone Wars at the cinema. First session of opening day here. Less people, less chance of freaking out in public.

If my kids were prone to freaking out, I would not reward them by taking them to the pictures.

They should be beaten until they promise never to cry again.

In theory that sounds like a good idea. But in practice, no matter how much a keep up with the beatings, it just never pans out.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:07:55 AM by Lord Phlexor »

duncvis

« Reply #6873 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »
waiting for stuff to download.  :yawn:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6874 on: August 15, 2008, 08:39:28 AM »
waiting for stuff to download.  :yawn:

Shit, I'm always doing that.  :green:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6875 on: August 15, 2008, 08:43:57 AM »
Well they have called me several times before about scheduling an interview, so its fine.  I am pretty sure I can get this job, as I am qualified for it.   I am just surprised their local interviewer called in sick.   From what I read they have franchises.

What would your job entail?
Just driving around and fixing computers, maybe some networking.  Uniform, badge etc.  Basically like Geek Squad or Geeks on Call, but also employs people for contract work for bigger businesses with Cisco routers and such in addition.  I would be on call with a 40 hour work week most likely, but I would rather schedule my availability around my school schedule if they allow me to work part time.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6876 on: August 15, 2008, 12:06:46 PM »
Listening to music, posting, ...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6877 on: August 15, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »
Waiting for the wife to get back from dropping our youngest son off at kinder so then I can take the older boys to see Star Wars The Clone Wars at the cinema. First session of opening day here. Less people, less chance of freaking out in public.

If my kids were prone to freaking out, I would not reward them by taking them to the pictures.

In theory that sounds like a good idea. But in practice, no matter how much a keep up with the beatings, it just never pans out.

So, the idea is that you take a child who has sensory dysfunction issues, social rejection tendencies, trouble understanding body language, very little connection to those around him/her to begin with and stims like a monkey when too much sensation from any source invades said child's safe space AND we are going to teach this child to NOT stim, NOT to avoid social situations, learn what body language means, help them make social connections to other people and NOT react to stress by beating the hell out of said child.

Yeah, like that's really going to work. 

:hair:

... although, I DID seem to learn decent use of eye contact from being hit for looking away. Maybe there is something to all this.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6878 on: August 15, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »
Drinking beer while posting.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6879 on: August 15, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »

Finishing my second cup of fresh, bitchin' blackoil, heavy Ethiopian coffee.

I'm mellow, now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #6880 on: August 15, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »
Just got back from hospital where My Grandmother is at.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6881 on: August 15, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

So, the idea is that you take a child who has sensory dysfunction issues, social rejection tendencies, trouble understanding body language, very little connection to those around him/her to begin with and stims like a monkey when too much sensation from any source invades said child's safe space AND we are going to teach this child to NOT stim, NOT to avoid social situations, learn what body language means, help them make social connections to other people and NOT react to stress by beating the hell out of said child.

... although, I DID seem to learn decent use of eye contact from being hit for looking away. Maybe there is something to all this.
If it did work it would be more than worth it. The fact is by being harsh, you are not going to achieve everything for them, but you might get an improvement, Enough of an improvement to make the rest of their life a lot less miserable.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6882 on: August 15, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
Listening to the thunder and rain outside
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6883 on: August 15, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »

If it did work it would be more than worth it. The fact is by being harsh, you are not going to achieve everything for them, but you might get an improvement, Enough of an improvement to make the rest of their life a lot less miserable.

I'm just confused as to how the "leap of knowledge" can occur.

When and how does a beaten child make the connection that body language is useful, if body language powerful enough to reach that child always hurts?

The logic escapes me.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #6884 on: August 15, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
Painting
Guardian of the Empire