Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138759 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #6855 on: August 14, 2008, 10:07:34 AM »
Printing out some forms and getting ready for the job interview that I am going to for later. 

Good luck with the interview, Alex.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6856 on: August 14, 2008, 10:19:43 AM »
Good luck, Alex! :)

Me, I'm doing this:

Code: [Select]
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

:zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6857 on: August 14, 2008, 10:45:22 AM »
Printing out some forms and getting ready for the job interview that I am going to for later.   I am about to look for used books for my classes this semester.

Good luck!   :thumbup:

Yeah, what they said.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6858 on: August 14, 2008, 03:11:39 PM »
Printing out some forms and getting ready for the job interview that I am going to for later.   I am about to look for used books for my classes this semester.

Good luck!   :thumbup:

Yeah, what they said.

smoke 'em, Alex!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6859 on: August 14, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
They called me and rescheduled it for tomorrow, the interviewer was out sick today.   Thanks for the well wishes.   I am sure that I will do fine tomorrow, hopefully the damn interviewer doesn't call in sick again lol.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6860 on: August 14, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #6861 on: August 14, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »
They called me and rescheduled it for tomorrow, the interviewer was out sick today.   Thanks for the well wishes.   I am sure that I will do fine tomorrow, hopefully the damn interviewer doesn't call in sick again lol.

Think positive, it's better that they called you and warned you.  Shit happens and there is a bug going around.  You'll be fine!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6862 on: August 14, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
Well they have called me several times before about scheduling an interview, so its fine.  I am pretty sure I can get this job, as I am qualified for it.   I am just surprised their local interviewer called in sick.   From what I read they have franchises.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #6863 on: August 14, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »
Waiting for the wife to get back from dropping our youngest son off at kinder so then I can take the older boys to see Star Wars The Clone Wars at the cinema. First session of opening day here. Less people, less chance of freaking out in public.

If my kids were prone to freaking out, I would not reward them by taking them to the pictures.

They should be beaten until they promise never to cry again.

Say Fear is a man's best friend

You add it up it brings you down
You add it up it brings you down

--John Cale
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6864 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »
Well they have called me several times before about scheduling an interview, so its fine.  I am pretty sure I can get this job, as I am qualified for it.   I am just surprised their local interviewer called in sick.   From what I read they have franchises.

LOL, at my interview one of the guys called in sick and they just told someone else to take his place. But the someone else had never held an interview before, so I ended up providing the structure and guiding the conversation myself. It was interesting.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6865 on: August 14, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »

LOL, at my interview one of the guys called in sick and they just told someone else to take his place. But the someone else had never held an interview before, so I ended up providing the structure and guiding the conversation myself. It was interesting.
That would kinda suck.   Their local franchise probably only has one person doing interviews and the rest are techs that are in the field in some way.  This business has been around a while doing tech work.   They say that only 0.5% of the applicants pass their certification test to work for them.   They even wanted me to memorize crap for the interview.   From what I read they pay well and have benefits.   If I am salaried, I will have to work full time, which will force me to drop some classes.   Oh well, the job might turn out to be crap anyways.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6866 on: August 15, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »

What would your job entail?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #6867 on: August 15, 2008, 03:13:47 AM »
Drinking much beers whilst listening to METAL.  :headbang2: :glug:
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6868 on: August 15, 2008, 04:38:51 AM »

Heading out to work in a bit. Should not be as tough as yesterday turned out to be.

Write that on my tombstone if I return, dead.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #6869 on: August 15, 2008, 04:40:46 AM »
Drinking coffee with raw cane sugar and hot milk.  8)