Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138748 times)

duncvis

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #4800 on: November 27, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »
Yet.  :angel:

ozymandias

« Reply #4801 on: November 27, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
Who's this person? Anyone I know?

There are some stuff on AWARES worth reading, I think, but I couldn't be arsed to go there yet.

Gwynfryn is quite the irascible man.(I have called him "O irascible one")  He is someone I consider a friend, albeit from a distance.  I do send him melatonin on a regular basis.  But, he is a questioner of dx's and has been bounced out of several forums for one reason or another.  Inger from the AWARES conference is an arch foe of his.  But, to be fair I'm NOT a fan of her's either. :grrr:

Somebody asked for tech help on AI a few months back for a forum that I can't remember.  I recommended You and Dunc, well he replied in a sort of sarcastic manner that he KNEW Dunc all too well and not in a good way.  He didn't know odeon at all.  I didn't respond to that and walked away from the post.

Some things should be left undisturbed.  However if people want me to invite him here......I would, but, I'd better get a damned good convincing argument to do so.  Because I certainly don't feel this would be a good fit for him or us.

duncvis

« Reply #4802 on: November 27, 2007, 07:34:12 PM »
Mischievous impulses aside, you're probably right. Alas for Gwynfryn, belligerent piss artist and the one true aspie.

ozymandias

« Reply #4803 on: November 27, 2007, 07:52:49 PM »
Gwynfryn,  the one true aspie.

Yeah, he does come across that way!  But, to be fair, he's not the only one.  Zoologist/tombo presents himself as the "Aspie Messiah". ::)  And Inger has done her share of being the "One true Aspie".  Or as I like to call them "Aspier than thou".  I'm sure many of us forum veterans could formulate a large list of "Uber-aspies" and such. :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4804 on: November 27, 2007, 08:53:33 PM »
Gwynfryn is quite the irascible man.(I have called him "O irascible one")  He is someon  I consider a friend, albeit from a distance.  I do send him melatonin on a regular basis.  But, he is a questioner of dx's and has been bounced out of several forums for one reason or another. 
That would be the end of a lot of threads here, I would guess. ;)

Yeah, he does come across that way!  But, to be fair, he's not the only one.  Zoologist/tombo presents himself as the "Aspie Messiah". ::)  And Inger has done her share of being the "One true Aspie".  Or as I like to call them "Aspier than thou".  I'm sure many of us forum veterans could formulate a large list of "Uber-aspies" and such. :laugh:
I would like to see such a list!

Aspier than thou. I must remember that. A classic! :plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4805 on: November 27, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »
Worrying about everything and feeling sorry for myself :violin:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4806 on: November 28, 2007, 02:05:41 AM »
"Aspier than thou"  :laugh: :plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #4807 on: November 28, 2007, 04:16:00 AM »
trying to wake up enough to finish my jobs before its time to go to the airport. damn I overslept again  :yawn:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4808 on: November 28, 2007, 04:57:54 AM »
Working at the cinema, showing something called "The Hope". Another PC film about a lonely kid with an obsession. And, of course, the obligatory first love. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4809 on: November 28, 2007, 04:58:39 AM »
Clock watching till it's time to go to my son IEP

How did it go, Parts?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4810 on: November 28, 2007, 06:08:49 AM »
Clock watching till it's time to go to my son IEP

How did it go, Parts?

Very good they are going to try and get my son back in district for one class in the morning then back to his usual school which is what he wanted and we think it's good to start slow everybody agreed it was strange

George Bernard Shaw

The_P

« Reply #4811 on: November 28, 2007, 08:23:44 AM »
I registered it for it in previous years and never found time to actually take part. Feel free to tell me if I miss anything interesting though (although the name gwynfryn still raises my blood pressure).

Having a break before going to the attic to carry on tidying spud's bedroom.

This never actually happened.  :-[ I went into the bedroom on the way up and put PI's laptop on to give it a spring clean while she's away, it'll be nice for her to come back to a computer that works at a usable speed again - and settled down for a rest while diskeeper was working on her mangled hard drive. Don't know where my energy went. Gonna sort out some clean washing and put it away after tea instead and finish spud's room in the morning - I is too tired to do it after trailing around with my gran all day.  :yawn:

Sorry, didn't mean to raise your blood pressure.  I won't mention him here again.   :plus:   But, I do correspond with him occasionally. like I do with HG.   I don't agree with him on many points and the AWARES conference the last time I went there was NOT something I found interesting.  I only went because "he" piqued my interest.    Obviously I have never clashed with him like so many others have.  And don't worry, I don't plan on bringing this place to his attention.

No, bring the know-it-all motherfucker here -- I could do with a laugh.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4812 on: November 28, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »
Waiting on phone calls :yawn:

George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #4813 on: November 28, 2007, 11:44:32 AM »
I registered it for it in previous years and never found time to actually take part. Feel free to tell me if I miss anything interesting though (although the name gwynfryn still raises my blood pressure).

Having a break before going to the attic to carry on tidying spud's bedroom.

This never actually happened.  :-[ I went into the bedroom on the way up and put PI's laptop on to give it a spring clean while she's away, it'll be nice for her to come back to a computer that works at a usable speed again - and settled down for a rest while diskeeper was working on her mangled hard drive. Don't know where my energy went. Gonna sort out some clean washing and put it away after tea instead and finish spud's room in the morning - I is too tired to do it after trailing around with my gran all day.  :yawn:

Sorry, didn't mean to raise your blood pressure.  I won't mention him here again.   :plus:   But, I do correspond with him occasionally. like I do with HG.   I don't agree with him on many points and the AWARES conference the last time I went there was NOT something I found interesting.  I only went because "he" piqued my interest.    Obviously I have never clashed with him like so many others have.  And don't worry, I don't plan on bringing this place to his attention.

No, bring the know-it-all motherfucker here -- I could do with a laugh.

Sorry P, but, I suggest you talk with Dunc first before saying that.  Of course, I'm assuming that your observations/contacts with Gwyn have been minimal to none.  If I'm wrong, I stand corrected and will consider it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4814 on: November 28, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »
Having Amarok on repeat for a couple of pieces on the Munich soundtrack. Obsessive, me?

- Albert Einstein