Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84809 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2940 on: April 20, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »

I think you two are not getting what a serious post consists of.

This ^

A "serious post" about an internet forum is not in the same category as a serious post about a death ffs. You need a better analogy, Callaway

"Serious" is subjective.  That thread can't have been "serious" to Dunc?  Or if it was serious, it doesn't matter because you have something "more serious" that happened to you?  For every person, that which happens to them will always be more serious then that which happens to others. 

Why all the fighting about the analogy?  Why is it so important to you both?  And why are you both so bent about the thread being repaired?

Binty

« Reply #2941 on: April 20, 2011, 04:11:32 PM »
Have always understood guest posting and editing of the past was only allowed in the Free for All sub-forum. It that correct?

Yes.  

It was stopped though because some people here lack a sense of humour.

Osensitive1

« Reply #2942 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
Then maybe not so serious; like posting serious in the Highway.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2943 on: April 20, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
And why are you both so bent about the thread being repaired?

I'm not. I don't care about that. That was a joke from months ago and if you look at my replies in that thread, they were light hearted until Callaway brought this into it

And tbh, yes I do think someone dying is "more serious" than someone leaving an internet forum. You don't?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #2944 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:51 PM »
And tbh, yes I do think someone dying is "more serious" than someone leaving an internet forum. You don't?

Oh My God.

Nobody ever said that and nobody ever implied that.  An analogy is not ... you know what, fuck it.  I give up.

(I'm the idiot for not realizing you are trolling me.  I deal with trolls all day long, guess I just had my blinders on in here :facepalm2:)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:22:31 PM by Hubert Cumberdale »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2945 on: April 20, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
Have always understood guest posting and editing of the past was only allowed in the Free for All sub-forum. It that correct?

Guest posting has been allowed off and on in the Free For All, but guest editing was allowed only once for a very short time until Soph and Bint pointed out that the problem with allowing it was that "guests" could edit posts that they didn't make themselves, including posts of former members who had their accounts deleted.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2946 on: April 20, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »

Do you think you would feel the same if someone edited a post you made bout I2 as you would if they edited a post you made about your daughter's problems?

Osensitive1

« Reply #2947 on: April 20, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

Guest posting has been allowed off and on in the Free For All, but guest editing was allowed only once for a very short time until Soph and Bint pointed out that the problem with allowing it was that "guests" could edit posts that they didn't make themselves, including posts of former members who had their accounts deleted.
I see. So, he didn't know it could be edited at the time of posting. That makes it different.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2948 on: April 20, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »

I see. So, he didn't know it could be edited at the time of posting. That makes it different.

You are correct.  At the time Dunc posted it, only he or another administrator could edit his post, and guest editing of posts had never been permitted in the Free For All. 

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2949 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:53 AM »

Do you think you would feel the same if someone edited a post you made bout I2 as you would if they edited a post you made about your daughter's problems?

Binty

« Reply #2950 on: April 21, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »

Oh My God.

Nobody ever said that and nobody ever implied that.  An analogy is not ... you know what, fuck it.  I give up.

(I'm the idiot for not realizing you are trolling me.  I deal with trolls all day long, guess I just had my blinders on in here :facepalm2:)

We weren't trolling.

Besides, no one asked you to get involved in the first place.  You're not a moderator here.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2951 on: April 21, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

Oh My God.

We weren't trolling.

Besides, no one asked you to get involved in the first place.  You're not a moderator here.

The only three people who actually have reasons to be involved in this are duncvis, whoever edited his post, and odeon (who restored it). This issue has already become the focus of a pointless argument between people who have no reason to be involved.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2952 on: April 21, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »
we WERE the ones who edited his post

and that is irrelevant anyway - it's no longer about that

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2953 on: April 21, 2011, 03:08:11 PM »
we WERE the ones who edited his post

Who is "we"? You and Binty?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2954 on: April 21, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
Yes