Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84802 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2730 on: July 09, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
I can't remember her name, but I believe she was one of the people from AFF who was too sensitive to be here.

Seems like you need to straddle a fine line of sensitivity to belong here.  ::)

I don't think you need to straddle a fine line of sensitivity to know that attacking someone's young child is going to piss them off.

I didn't think so either.

The initial (and absolutely immediate) abandonment of my attempted "friendship"  with another poster from a couple of yeas ago, was begun at the start of her telling me that I did not deserve to have my children.

Had she even had a clue about how horrid it was to lose six infants in various stages of pregnancy, trying to start a family, and completely given up on the notion after about nine years, she might have considered further before offering such an opinion of me. The odds which my wife and I beat in bringing forth two "perfect"  children are astounding to imagine.

It is for this reason, her thinking that she could freely dis' my children that I had no qualms about calling her a drywell.

Incidentally,  I agree with the both of you.   No one has a free license to attack another ones children!

The end.

I think I remember this person and I also had a similar opinion of them after that particular outburst.  The stupid thing is that the person was probably just trying to wound someone and said the words that they thought would hurt most.  To me, that says something about them.  Obviously, they were just too sensitive to be here, but I think that there was a lot of mean-spiritedness in saying something like that to autistic parents.  

Who are "they?"    

I was making a single reference to a single incident involving a single person who I had tried to "befriend"  on this site, early in my stay.

I carefully used "they" to try to avoid using the person's gender, but I'm pretty sure we are thinking about the same person.

Graelwyn, right?

Wow!

Why did you feel it necessary to protect or hide  or "avoid using" her gender, or worse yet, consider that her gender was in any way relevant?

I was purposefully being a little vague in order avoid using her name (an effort which you have negated) while dropping sufficient crumbs for a search engine to choke on for those truly interested in finding out more of her ways.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2731 on: July 09, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »

Never mind. No need to answer.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2732 on: July 10, 2010, 01:30:55 AM »
I thought maybe I should have PMed you with her name instead of posting it.  I was being vague with the gender to avoid identifying her, but looking back at your post, you used her gender so my not using it was pointless.  I could delete her name from my post and you can delete it from yours if you want to go back to being vague.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2733 on: July 10, 2010, 02:14:48 AM »
Hey Callaway. Big hugs. You tap dancing yet?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2734 on: July 10, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »
Hey Callaway. Big hugs. You tap dancing yet?

Thanks, but no, I'm still not tap dancing yet.

We went to the Boston area and to New York City for our daughter's break from school and we saw some sights in both places, though.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2735 on: July 10, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »
Talking shit about peoples children is easier online because it involves fewer asskickings.

He'd never dared to say anything like what he did to my face. I'm not a violent person but I would have floored him.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #2736 on: July 10, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »
Talking shit about peoples children is easier online because it involves fewer asskickings.

He'd never dared to say anything like what he did to my face. I'm not a violent person but I would have floored him.
:indeed: People have limits.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #2737 on: July 21, 2010, 02:35:26 AM »
:rofl:

I very much doubt that odeon. You could prove me wrong and post a picture of yourself posing with shirt off and judo medals.
Of course, you're gonna stay in hiding.

This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2738 on: July 21, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »

I very much doubt that odeon. You could prove me wrong and post a picture of yourself posing with shirt off and judo medals.

What would a picture prove, vodzy? Believe what you want; I suspect most fathers here know about this sort of thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2739 on: July 22, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »

What would a picture prove, vodzy? Believe what you want; I suspect most fathers here know about this sort of thing.

... and some of us have actually had to put down an attacker or two.  He may not understand how it is with the protective instinct that comes with parenthood.

Vodz, I wish you at least one child that you never have to protect beyond keeping "it "  from killing "itself!!"

Dude,   :smashviolin:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2740 on: July 23, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »
It's a very strong instinct and one that I was very surprised to learn that I had.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #2741 on: August 03, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
Have you been to Paris Callaway? If not, has odeon's trip caused you to consider going?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2742 on: August 04, 2010, 12:36:58 AM »
No, I have never been to Paris, but I would love to go there.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2743 on: August 05, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
do you live near any of the gas wells?

Osensitive1

« Reply #2744 on: August 05, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »
What inspired that question?

Note: Question not for Callaway.