Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84821 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2715 on: May 06, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »
That looks like a place to find geodes.

Geodes aren't too common there but they can be found. They're more common in the eastern half of the midwest. They need water to slowly percolate through them to form.

The rockies has springs doesn't it?

Yes, they do.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2716 on: May 06, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »
GEODES :green:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2717 on: May 06, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »

I haven't ever found any geodes lying around myself, but I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between a geode and an ordinary round rock anyway.  There are lots of them in nearby rock shops, though.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2718 on: May 07, 2010, 07:40:29 AM »
I admit its a little difficult unless you actually know where to look.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Scrapheap

« Reply #2719 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50:45 AM »

I haven't ever found any geodes lying around myself, but I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between a geode and an ordinary round rock anyway.  There are lots of them in nearby rock shops, though.

Outwardly, they look like a piece of granite due to the high quartz content, but they lack the black flecks of biotite and pink patches of potassium feldspar. They could be mistaken for a piece of quartzite.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #2720 on: July 08, 2010, 07:39:01 PM »
I repeated (and eleborated upon) something odeon posted in "odeon v.s. eclair" about his daughter.

Who made the original filial attack and where can I find this post?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2721 on: July 08, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
I can't remember her name, but I believe she was one of the people from AFF who was too sensitive to be here.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #2722 on: July 08, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
I can't remember her name, but I believe she was one of the people from AFF who was too sensitive to be here.

Seems like you need to straddle a fine line of sensitivity to belong here.  ::)
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2723 on: July 08, 2010, 08:01:14 PM »

I don't think you need to straddle a fine line of sensitivity to know that attacking someone's young child is going to piss them off.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2724 on: July 09, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »

I don't think you need to straddle a fine line of sensitivity to know that attacking someone's young child is going to piss them off.

I didn't think so either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2725 on: July 09, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »

The initial (and absolutely immediate) abandonment of my attempted "friendship"  with another poster from a couple of yeas ago, was begun at the start of her telling me that I did not deserve to have my children.

Had she even had a clue about how horrid it was to lose six infants in various stages of pregnancy, trying to start a family, and completely given up on the notion after about nine years, she might have considered further before offering such an opinion of me. The odds which my wife and I beat in bringing forth two "perfect"  children are astounding to imagine.

It is for this reason, her thinking that she could freely dis' my children that I had no qualms about calling her a drywell.

Incidentally,  I agree with the both of you.   No one has a free license to attack another ones children!

The end.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:23:08 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2726 on: July 09, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »

The initial (and absolutely immediate) abandonment of my attempted "friendship"  with another poster from a couple of yeas ago, was begun at the start of her telling me that I did not deserve to have my children.

Had she even had a clue about how horrid it was to lose six infants in various stages of pregnancy, trying to start a family, and completely given up on the notion after about nine years, she might have considered further before offering such an opinion of me. The odds which my wife and I beat in bringing forth two "perfect"  children are astounding to imagine.

It is for this reason, her thinking that she could freely dis' my children that I had no qualms about calling her a drywell.

Incidentally,  I agree with the both of you.   No one has a free license to attack another ones children!

The end.

I think I remember this person and I also had a similar opinion of them after that particular outburst.  The stupid thing is that the person was probably just trying to wound someone and said the words that they thought would hurt most.  To me, that says something about them.  Obviously, they were just too sensitive to be here, but I think that there was a lot of mean-spiritedness in saying something like that to autistic parents. 

P7PSP

« Reply #2727 on: July 09, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »
Talking shit about peoples children is easier online because it involves fewer asskickings.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2728 on: July 09, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »

The end.

I think I remember this person and I also had a similar opinion of them after that particular outburst.  The stupid thing is that the person was probably just trying to wound someone and said the words that they thought would hurt most.  To me, that says something about them.  Obviously, they were just too sensitive to be here, but I think that there was a lot of mean-spiritedness in saying something like that to autistic parents. 

Who are "they?"   

I was making a single reference to a single incident involving a single person who I had tried to "befriend"  on this site, early in my stay.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2729 on: July 09, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »

Seems like you need to straddle a fine line of sensitivity to belong here.  ::)

The initial (and absolutely immediate) abandonment of my attempted "friendship"  with another poster from a couple of yeas ago, was begun at the start of her telling me that I did not deserve to have my children.

Had she even had a clue about how horrid it was to lose six infants in various stages of pregnancy, trying to start a family, and completely given up on the notion after about nine years, she might have considered further before offering such an opinion of me. The odds which my wife and I beat in bringing forth two "perfect"  children are astounding to imagine.

Incidentally,  I agree with the both of you.   No one has a free license to attack another ones children!

The end.

I think I remember this person and I also had a similar opinion of them after that particular outburst.  The stupid thing is that the person was probably just trying to wound someone and said the words that they thought would hurt most.  To me, that says something about them.  Obviously, they were just too sensitive to be here, but I think that there was a lot of mean-spiritedness in saying something like that to autistic parents.  

Who are "they?"    

I was making a single reference to a single incident involving a single person who I had tried to "befriend"  on this site, early in my stay.

I carefully used "they" to try to avoid using the person's gender, but I'm pretty sure we are thinking about the same person.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:31:35 AM by Callaway »