Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84818 times)

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2325 on: August 17, 2009, 06:24:38 AM »
Callaway, oh, Callaway... will I have a good birthday tomorrow? See into my future for tomorrow and tell me ALL.

You will have a fabulous birthday.

I think that you will see that what you do on your birthday is less important than who you are spending it with.

I think you're right, since I'm looking more forward to having lunch with bf and my mother (yay, that should be awkward, albeit enjoyable ;) ) than the day itself. Tbh, I keep forgetting it's my birthday.
Flibbit.

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #2326 on: August 17, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
What do I do about an annoying housemate? (It a big problem.)

Is it Rage?

If so, then talk to him.

If it's someone else, I need more information about what they are doing that annoys you.
it's someone else
I am sick of her patronizing, and insults
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2327 on: August 17, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »
What do I do about an annoying housemate? (It a big problem.)

Is it Rage?

If so, then talk to him.

If it's someone else, I need more information about what they are doing that annoys you.
it's someone else
I am sick of her patronizing, and insults

If it were me and there was no way to just avoid the housemate, I would first make sure that I am talking to her in an adult way with no insults.  I would not request her help in any way.  Then when she patronized and insulted me I would say, please don't patronize or insult me.  I am treating you like an adult and I expect to be treated the same way.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2328 on: September 26, 2009, 07:58:12 AM »
How is your ankle? Is it getting better?

And how are things generally?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2329 on: September 26, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

It had been getting better slowly, but it was still hurting although it has been five months since I sprained it.

When I went to see the orthopedic surgeon, he ordered more x-rays and another MRI, which showed that I have a tiny hole in my talus where a small amount of the bone lost its blood supply and died.  The condition is called osteochondritis dissecans.  I had to go back to wearing the cast boot instead of the ankle brace I had been using.  I will see the doctor soon and see what he recommends we do about it.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2330 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28:10 AM »
Sorry, I forgot the second part of your question, Renaeden.

Generally, things are pretty good, except that my ankle still hurts. 

My daughter is still riding with just me and a driver to school and she's doing much better with the shorter drive.  Yesterday afternoon we hit some heavy traffic going home, which caused a much longer drive and she had a more difficult time with it.  Even so, most of her effort was dedicated to annoying me and she didn't do anything that could be considered a safety issue.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2331 on: September 28, 2009, 02:16:43 AM »
Even so, most of her effort was dedicated to annoying me and she didn't do anything that could be considered a safety issue.
Has she ever driven you to a meltdown?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2332 on: September 28, 2009, 10:54:20 AM »
Even so, most of her effort was dedicated to annoying me and she didn't do anything that could be considered a safety issue.
Has she ever driven you to a meltdown?

She has driven me to yell at her or to swat her bottom before, but not to a real meltdown

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2333 on: September 29, 2009, 04:18:21 AM »
I guess at 13 she is getting a bit too old (and big) to smack.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2334 on: September 29, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
I guess at 13 she is getting a bit too old (and big) to smack.

I think you're right.  She is an interesting combination of grown up and little girl, however.  Even though she says she's an adult, in many ways she still acts like a toddler or preschooler.

P7PSP

« Reply #2335 on: September 29, 2009, 02:21:27 PM »

It had been getting better slowly, but it was still hurting although it has been five months since I sprained it.

When I went to see the orthopedic surgeon, he ordered more x-rays and another MRI, which showed that I have a tiny hole in my talus where a small amount of the bone lost its blood supply and died.  The condition is called osteochondritis dissecans.  I had to go back to wearing the cast boot instead of the ankle brace I had been using.  I will see the doctor soon and see what he recommends we do about it.
That sucks. If you were closer to my age they would probably drill it and fill it in with plaster of paris like a dinosaur bone.  :thumbup: It sounds like a relatively minor injury gone awry, I hope it is fixable.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2336 on: September 29, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »

That sucks. If you were closer to my age they would probably drill it and fill it in with plaster of paris like a dinosaur bone.  :thumbup: It sounds like a relatively minor injury gone awry, I hope it is fixable.

I hope it's fixable too.  I don't want my ankle to hurt for the rest of my life. 

One possible treatment is to drill little holes into the hole so blood vessels can grow through and then the hole will fill with scar tissue.

I won't know what the doctor will suggest until I see him, though.

Maybe he will just suggest continuing to wear the cast boot for a few more weeks.

:crossed:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2337 on: September 29, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »

I hope it's fixable too.  I don't want my ankle to hurt for the rest of my life. 

One possible treatment is to drill little holes into the hole so blood vessels can grow through and then the hole will fill with scar tissue.

I won't know what the doctor will suggest until I see him, though.

Maybe he will just suggest continuing to wear the cast boot for a few more weeks.

:crossed:
:hug:
I think the first option might be better. You have been wearing support on your ankle for ages, what will a few more weeks do?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2338 on: September 29, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »
Thanks, Renaeden. 

I know you're probably right, but I was wearing an ankle brace which is made of nylon and did not immobilize my ankle for most of the time and I started wearing the cast boot again only recently.

I don't want to need surgery, but I definitely don't want an ankle that hurts forever so I will do what I need to do.

TheoK

« Reply #2339 on: September 29, 2009, 11:36:52 PM »
Did you vote for Obama?  :P