Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84818 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2190 on: May 29, 2009, 03:49:29 PM »
I know it's relatively easy for me to spot people that are somewhere on the spectrum, so I think it would also be for you, your sister, and your cousin.

My sister works with teenagers on the spectrum. Do you suppose it's got something to do with me? :-\

I think probably so, since she has about half of your DNA. 

Maybe she is somewhere on the broader autistic spectrum herself even if she isn't diagnosed and that gives her special insight into the teenagers she works with.  Or maybe she just gained experience dealing with you when you were kids.  Is she older or younger than you?

with know insite at all, i am thinking thinging that she is especially adept at looking into others, from trying to understand with her heart what O-man is about. she could be gifted, but she could just be interested, also.
my vote is that she is outside looking in with a will to help those confined inside out of their fears, as i always called it, before i knew what it all meant.maybe fears can help some to work harder. mine have me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:51:33 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2191 on: May 29, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
I'm an NT who hangs around with Aspies, what does that say about me?  :laugh: 

So far, that you're a very likable person.

:agreed:

i am pained in deep places to think that a soul so inspiring to so many of us has to push through so much personal tip to find some way to see over the preset challenges of living in a body of pulp.

just drag it all with you, Gus and flip some of it off to anyone who looks like they can carry some for you!.

soon the dragging seems to lessen. honestly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2192 on: May 30, 2009, 04:25:22 AM »
Since I have been unable to return to work, they have been using two people to do the job they expected me to do alone, one to deal with my daughter and another one to deal with the rest of the children. 
So...your daughter is not a bus-ride person?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2193 on: May 30, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
Since I have been unable to return to work, they have been using two people to do the job they expected me to do alone, one to deal with my daughter and another one to deal with the rest of the children. 

When my husband has been in town, he has been driving our daughter to school and picking her up and I have been riding along with them.

When my husband has not been not in town, my daughter has been riding the bus to and from school with either the head of the school district's behavior support team or one of its other members looking after only her while another person deals with the other five children.

Before I twisted my ankle, I looked after all six children on the bus including my daughter by myself.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2194 on: May 30, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »

When my husband has been in town, he has been driving our daughter to school and picking her up and I have been riding along with them.

When my husband has not been not in town, my daughter has been riding the bus to and from school with either the head of the school district's behavior support team or one of its other members looking after only her while another person deals with the other five children.

Before I twisted my ankle, I looked after all six children on the bus including my daughter by myself.

Hi ,Right up your butt,   your hot :-* :-* :-*
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2195 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:59 AM »
I am wondering why they think your daughter needs a person to herself though. I know the journey is a long one and I wouldn't be surprised at kids playing up a bit (the school bus I rode was like a zoo), so I just wonder what their reasons are.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2196 on: June 01, 2009, 08:03:26 AM »
I am wondering why they think your daughter needs a person to herself though. I know the journey is a long one and I wouldn't be surprised at kids playing up a bit (the school bus I rode was like a zoo), so I just wonder what their reasons are.

Each of the kids on the bus have a teacher to themselves once they get to school, so having one person deal with all six of them at the same time is very difficult for that person.  I know it was very challenging for me.  It was even more difficult for the head of the school district's behavior support team when she rode the bus looking after all the children.  This is the person who is in charge of troubleshooting challenging behaviors in any children anywhere in the school district and making recommendations on how to deal with it, so she is very accustomed to dealing with very challenging behaviors.  I think my daughter is a handful for most people to deal with and some of the other kids on the bus can be a handful to deal with as well, particularly the two younger ones.  When any of the other kids act up, it gets my daughter worked up and then she acts up too.  One reason for this has been the division of attention by the adult who is looking after the children, so by having an adult whose job is primarily looking after her this eliminates that cause.  Between the jobs of looking after just my daughter and looking after the other five children, looking after just my daughter is considered to be by far the more difficult job.  I don't really get it, because my daughter is interesting and funny and a joy to be around most of the time, but I'm sort of hoping that they decide to keep the extra person to look after the other children and pay me to just look after my daughter when I come back to work, because getting up and walking around a moving bus to look after the other kids will be very tough for me with my ankle until it is back to 100%.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2197 on: June 02, 2009, 02:59:56 AM »
It seems an odd situation. Does your daughter not have someone her own age to talk to? If she doesn't that can make a bus ride boring and no wonder she plays up if others do.

Does your daughter have to change schools soon now that she is older? In Australia, 13 is the age when we start high school. We don't have elementary and middle school and all that.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2198 on: June 02, 2009, 08:38:31 AM »
It seems an odd situation. Does your daughter not have someone her own age to talk to? If she doesn't that can make a bus ride boring and no wonder she plays up if others do.

Does your daughter have to change schools soon now that she is older? In Australia, 13 is the age when we start high school. We don't have elementary and middle school and all that.

She likes to talk about the imaginary stuff she makes up, so she might perseversate on saying "Amnesia-causing basement," or asking the other people on the bus to "basement her" or she might talk about different aspects of the "Lollypop," which is the name she has given her "Superhero School" in our back yard.  The top of her play fort is the "Principal's Office" and her swimming pool is the "Superspeed/Flying/Breathing Underwater/Mermaid/High School Room" for example.

She wants friends, but sometimes her extreme behavior scares them and also they often don't know how to respond to the things she says.  Personally, I love her amazing imagination, but I know what's she's talking about while other people often do not.

She may change schools to attend a high school in our school district next year. 

For us, the transition to high school usually happens at age fourteen or the ninth grade and high school ends with the twelth grade (age seventeen).  Our elementary schools sometimes go from preschool (age three or four) or kindergarten (age five) through either fourth or fifth grades, then middle school starts either in fifth or sixth grades and goes through eighth grade.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2199 on: June 02, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »

She likes to talk about the imaginary stuff she makes up, so she might perseversate on saying "Amnesia-causing basement," or asking the other people on the bus to "basement her" or she might talk about different aspects of the "Lollypop," which is the name she has given her "Superhero School" in our back yard.  The top of her play fort is the "Principal's Office" and her swimming pool is the "Superspeed/Flying/Breathing Underwater/Mermaid/High School Room" for example.

She wants friends, but sometimes her extreme behavior scares them and also they often don't know how to respond to the things she says.  Personally, I love her amazing imagination, but I know what's she's talking about while other people often do not.

She may change schools to attend a high school in our school district next year. 

For us, the transition to high school usually happens at age fourteen or the ninth grade and high school ends with the twelth grade (age seventeen).  Our elementary schools sometimes go from preschool (age three or four) or kindergarten (age five) through either fourth or fifth grades, then middle school starts either in fifth or sixth grades and goes through eighth grade.

Haha. Probably would have gotten along with her just fine when I was her age.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2200 on: June 02, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »

:heart:

There is a fifteen year old boy on the bus who has a crush on her, but he is definitely scared of her and he will barely interact with her at school.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #2201 on: June 02, 2009, 01:07:33 PM »
Your daughter rocks! :headbang2:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2202 on: June 02, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
YuP!!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2203 on: June 02, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2204 on: June 02, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »

:heart:

There is a fifteen year old boy on the bus who has a crush on her, but he is definitely scared of her and he will barely interact with her at school.

Play cupid.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"