Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84822 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2175 on: May 29, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
She's younger than I am, by almost a full year.

She's certainly not on the spectrum--she's very social, almost too much so. Well, for my tastes. I've always suspected that she gained whatever insight she has by having me as her brother. She says that her pupils love her, that she's the only teacher to understand them, and I think it's true. She's always understood me well, IMO.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2176 on: May 29, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »
Is your ankle healing well Callaway?

It is getting better, but it has been slow progress and it may be a while until I have full use of my ankle again.

I can't go back to work yet, but I will see the doctor again in two weeks.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2177 on: May 29, 2009, 01:38:47 PM »
She's younger than I am, by almost a full year.

She's certainly not on the spectrum--she's very social, almost too much so. Well, for my tastes. I've always suspected that she gained whatever insight she has by having me as her brother. She says that her pupils love her, that she's the only teacher to understand them, and I think it's true. She's always understood me well, IMO.

Maybe that's it, then.  She gained her insight from you.

Does she have any sensory issues?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2178 on: May 29, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »
None, from what I know. She's always respected mine, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2179 on: May 29, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »
None, from what I know. She's always respected mine, though.

That's nice that she respected yours.

My younger brother had pretty bad speech issues but I could always understand him even when others couldn't.  I think that ability helped me understand my daughter's speech when others could not.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2180 on: May 29, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »
My sister and my brother are both NTs, with no real problems relating to ASDs.

I find it pretty interesting that my sister works with kids on the spectrum, though, but even more so that my brother married an autistic woman.

I wonder what that says about me. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2181 on: May 29, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »
How did you sprain your ankle?,  I haven't been around here for awhile, and just came back.

Epsom salt  is what they use for sprains.   Sulfate is benefical for liver detoxification.  A paper I read a while back on autism said a significant amount weren't good at oxidizing sulfur to sulfate form.   I would like to point out this was autism, and not aspergers, but this may have important implications.  Awhile back, I was adding green tea to my epsom salt bath for added benefit, and plantars warts on the bottom of my foot.  Tannins in green tea come out after 10 minutes or more of brewing,  are astringent in taste, and antibacterial.  

Magnets are good for pain, and increase healing by raising circulation.   Increased circulation supports better digestion and detoxification also.   I used to be in pain after strength training, but this is no longer the case, perhaps because of the magnetic bracelets I am wearing right now.  I used to have 6 but lost 4, but still no pain.  They were $5.35 per bracelet, but magnets fell out a few times also.   It doesn't say this on the package, about how your supposed to rinse them off, as they accumulate ions that interfer with their functions.  I also used to drink magnetized water to.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2182 on: May 29, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »

I find it pretty interesting that my sister works with kids on the spectrum, though, but even more so that my brother married an autistic woman.

It says that you are a good brother and an interesting person and your brother and sister have good taste.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:56:27 PM by Callaway »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2183 on: May 29, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
How did you sprain your ankle?,  I haven't been around here for awhile, and just came back.

Epsom salt  is what they use for sprains.   Sulfate is benefical for liver detoxification.  A paper I read a while back on autism said a significant amount weren't good at oxidizing sulfur to sulfate form.   I would like to point out this was autism, and not aspergers, but this may have important implications.  Awhile back, I was adding green tea to my epsom salt bath for added benefit, and plantars warts on the bottom of my foot.  Tannins in green tea come out after 10 minutes or more of brewing,  are astringent in taste, and antibacterial.  

Magnets are good for pain, and increase healing by raising circulation.   Increased circulation supports better digestion and detoxification also.   I used to be in pain after strength training, but this is no longer the case, perhaps because of the magnetic bracelets I am wearing right now.  I used to have 6 but lost 4, but still no pain.  They were $5.35 per bracelet, but magnets fell out a few times also.   It doesn't say this on the package, about how your supposed to rinse them off, as they accumulate ions that interfer with their functions.  I also used to drink magnetized water to.

I twisted it and fell while I was getting off the school bus.  It is a third degree sprain, since the fall destroyed at least two ligaments.

Thanks for the advice about the magnets and epsom salts.  I have epsom salts and I can use some later today, but I will have to think how I can make use of magnets on my ankle.  It can't hurt to try.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2184 on: May 29, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »

It says that you are a god brother and an interesting person and your brother and sister have good taste.

Thank you. Thing is, I always thought it said something else, something less flattering.

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #2185 on: May 29, 2009, 01:59:35 PM »
I'm an NT who hangs around with Aspies, what does that say about me?  :laugh: 

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2186 on: May 29, 2009, 02:04:53 PM »

They are almost like everyone else.  You have some patients, and can find the good in people.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Blasted

« Reply #2187 on: May 29, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
Thanks Randy  8)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2188 on: May 29, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Your welcome  :-*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2189 on: May 29, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »

So far, that you're a very likable person.

- Albert Einstein