Author Topic: wondering if people could be diagnosed wrong as aspergers  (Read 4673 times)

Offline ,

• Rookie (be kind to me)
Re: wondering if people could be diagnosed wrong as aspergers
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »
i have seen the things sheel likes to post and do not want to get in a fight since he never wants to consider other opinions only insult you until you agree with him

any person that insults you for making a opinion and insults you for trying to avoid a person trying to start a fight and has a history of starting fights just for not liking a opinion deserves to lose karma
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:01:47 PM by jamieg »

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
The thing is, I think there is a half way point. Nothing is expected of me from the government because I'm on a disability pension now. I just have to pass go and collect my $200. We are doing better than most working poor families as a lot of our income is tax free. We live in public housing which isn't as bad as it sounds (shitty neighbours have left). So we pay fuck all in rent.

We get enough money these days that we don't even have to be careful how we spend it (probably should hide some in a mattress or something).
The problem is the government feels it has fulfilled its obligations by putting you on that pension, when in reality if they did their job properly, you would most likely be in decent employment, with the improvement in lifestyle that would bring. That said, given you have 5 children, it doesn't surprise me that the system makes it better for you not to work. Doesn't send out an amazing message to them.

They will help be get back into the workforce if I wanted them to. I'm just not in that place right now personally.
I wonder whose fault that is. Certainly, the state should take a lot of blame.

Meh, I blame being undiagnosed at the time I entered the workforce plus parents who had no idea how to prepare a child/young adult for the workforce.

It's now my responsibility to do something about it though. Fucking anxiety and freaky panic attacks kick my arse though. I can't even seriously think about it without nearly throwing up and shit.
True you were undiagnosed. However that just reinforces the fact the system needs to be properly supportive, rewarding people for their talents as opposed kicking them for their (often irrelevant) difficulties. A properly implemented meritocracy would correct those problems, it is why I advocate it.

Offline ,

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »

Yeah, like this:

I'm extremely confused about what my diagnosis means about myself and the world around me, but I'd like someone to validate my erroneous notion that it somehow makes me a superior being to those who do not hold my diagnosis.
fixed.

:thumbup:

I didn't see that sentiment at all in his post; rather, he was expressing concern about the portrayal of autistics in the media. A valid concern, and one which I share.

i never actually said what this person claims i did

this person took a quote from a previous post and edited it and will lose karma for this

i do not come here to be insulted for having a opinion and for refusing to fight with known asses

so go kill yourself and do all of us a favor if that is all you can do to people
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:17:28 PM by jamieg »

Blasted

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
Jeez.  You do know this is IntensitySquared not Wrong Planet?  People do edit posts here, do go offtopic, do take the piss at times.  If you have a major problem with that, maybe this is not the place for you? 

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
I think you are missing the point of this site. This isn't a support site so people here like to insult other people and be jerks. I think PMS Elle was making a joke by changing your post. Once you learn to take the piss, people leave you alone and stop picking on you. That's what I've noticed here with me. Once I got tough and started ignoring meanness people were doing to me, it stopped. Occasionally I will get bullied by someone but I just ignore it. Sometimes it's fun to bully them back or make a joke about it.

Yeah, like this:

I'm extremely confused about what my diagnosis means about myself and the world around me, but I'd like someone to validate my erroneous notion that it somehow makes me a superior being to those who do not hold my diagnosis.
fixed.

:thumbup:

I didn't see that sentiment at all in his post; rather, he was expressing concern about the portrayal of autistics in the media. A valid concern, and one which I share.

i never actually said what this person claims i did

this person took a quote from a previous post and edited it and will lose karma for this

i do not come here to be insulted for having a opinion and for refusing to fight with known asses

so go kill yourself and do all of us a favor if that is all you can do to people

Blasted

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »
LOL and you just gheyed me for that   :lol:

"joining in on insulting a person with a opinion"

You will not last long here darling  :zoinks:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
Obvious troll is obvious.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »
What the matter jamieg? You say we're supposed to be non-violent and not provoking a fight and yet, look at your gheying comment on me, talk about hypocrite.  :zoinks:

Guys, I found my annoying n00b to troll relentlessly. >:D
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Blasted

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2009, 08:21:54 PM »
I don't think he's a troll.  He's acting similar over at WP.  I checked to see if he went over to whine about bad evil I2 and found this:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt105671.html

Either that, or he's a really good troll  :zoinks:

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »
It's a shame though, I was only taking the piss and he goes all serious business on me. If he can't handle fucktardedness, he doesn't belong here. Also COCKS.

Anyway, I find this rather amusing:

Well too bad, you just opened Pandora's box with your own faggotry. :zoinks:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:33:56 PM by Singularity »

Blasted

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
He just needs to change his mentality.  I like his attitude though.  The way he's going, it looks like he might be banned at WP pretty soon.  He would have fitted right in here  :laugh:

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
He needs to lighten up though. Anyway, if he apologizes for the misunderstanding, I will be a gentlemen and back off. :eyelash:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
Some people with autism can be violent, just like many more people wth autism aren't.

But of course misdiagnoses happen sometimes.  I personally think that doctors are more likely to misdiagnose that someone doesn't have AS when they actually do than to say they have AS when they don't, though.

I totally agree with Callaway.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03:25 PM »
He just needs to change his mentality.  I like his attitude though.  The way he's going, it looks like he might be banned at WP pretty soon.  He would have fitted right in here  :laugh:

Don't ever change Camilla, I love who you are and how you think!  you are my muse.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
I don't think he's a troll.  He's acting similar over at WP.  I checked to see if he went over to whine about bad evil I2 and found this:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt105671.html

Either that, or he's a really good troll  :zoinks:

I read that thread and I actually felt sorry for him.  He keeps saying that admins on WP can delete member's accounts and they indeed can do it, but what he seems to fail to realize is that they may not do it because Alex doesn't want them to.  The higher Alex's fake numbers are, the better he likes it, so even if a swarm of spambots register there, they just ban them instead of deleting them.