Educational

Author Topic: How did you come up with your username/What does it mean?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
How did you come up with your username/What does it mean?
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:08:14 PM »

at 1:56:

sole intention is learning to fly

condition grounded, but determined to try

can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

tongue-tied twisted

just an earth bound misfit

I

Blasted

Re: How did you come up with your username/What does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »
Well, most of mine have been random or about things I've been obsessed with.  The current one I have on this account (Blasted) is a homage to a Sarah Kane play of the same name.  As for the two names that most people know me by on here, Gus and Bint, the former is the fat mouse in Cinderella ( :green: ) and the latter is a word I'm fond of.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
it's a cross between a soph and a hippopotamus

hence the big fat sexy sophopotamus  :)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
Basically from the ex always telling me what a cold-hearted bitch I was. :laugh:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »
It's obvious of how I came up with my username and it does not mean I live in Spokane. It means I like the town a lot and I'm a female so it's a combination I did.

I was Snowkane Girl for a while because Spokane was hit with a lot of snow and they had over 30 cases of roof cave ins so I called it Snowkane. I saw that term and decided to use it.

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:59:55 PM »
P7PSP and PPK are two different Kraut pistols. P7PSP 9mm Parabellum gas retarded blowback, one of three designs along with the Walther P5 ( I have one of these to ) and SIG Sauer P6 (P225) adopted in the wake of the Olympic Park massacre. The best of the three IMO for that time frame it was the most compact high quality 9mm available until the development of the Smith & Wesson 469/669 series and was still slightly more compact until the release of the Glock 26 and Kahr K9 in the early-mid 1990s. My PPK is a 1962 built 32 ACP, the same model that Major Boothroyd and Q demanded that James Bond swap out his Beretta 25 auto for in On His Majesty's Secret Service IIRC, it was released in 1931 as a shorter, lighter version of the PP series released in 1929. The PP series was also the progenitor of the robust Makarov that the Soviets adopted circa 1951, I have a Baikal IJ70 Makarov in my safe as well.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »
Odeon is the name of the movie theatre in my garage.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 06:10:51 PM »
I picked mine cos I heard Billy Connolly use it as a comment in one of his stage shows. He  said 'Yes! I am the chosen one', and I liked it ever since. I also thought it sounded good., which is why I picked it too.

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
cause i have a cold nature toward myself
and because he is my favorite X-man
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 12:39:35 AM »
P7PSP and PPK are two different Kraut pistols. P7PSP 9mm Parabellum gas retarded blowback, one of three designs along with the Walther P5 ( I have one of these to ) and SIG Sauer P6 (P225) adopted in the wake of the Olympic Park massacre. The best of the three IMO for that time frame it was the most compact high quality 9mm available until the development of the Smith & Wesson 469/669 series and was still slightly more compact until the release of the Glock 26 and Kahr K9 in the early-mid 1990s. My PPK is a 1962 built 32 ACP, the same model that Major Boothroyd and Q demanded that James Bond swap out his Beretta 25 auto for in On His Majesty's Secret Service IIRC, it was released in 1931 as a shorter, lighter version of the PP series released in 1929. The PP series was also the progenitor of the robust Makarov that the Soviets adopted circa 1951, I have a Baikal IJ70 Makarov in my safe as well.  

The Krauts are BRAVE and good gun makers! :arrr: Adolf shot himself with a early PP, by the way.

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 12:41:33 AM »
I have my username from the Unabomber, Theodore Kaczynski, though I know that it should rather be TedK, but Theo is an alternative form that would be more likely where Kaczynski comes from, namely Poland.  8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 12:54:21 AM »
I've been using the name Phlexor since 1990. Needed a name for our scene/demo group we were in and I wanted a name that did not reflect anything or was tied to any theme or era. So I made something up that meant nothing and sounded somewhat cool/pretentious in a scene type of way.

http://amp.dascene.net/newresult.php?request=groups&strict=yes&search=Crass

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 02:46:35 AM »
matthe is a comprimise between matt and matthew. matt is all to common, and when ive tried to be called matthew, people just call me matt still. also i was a math prodigy in school.

i dont know where or why i came up with claude.
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 02:52:39 AM »
I chose Singularity because I'm busy working on a theory of everything, figure it suits.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 03:28:43 AM »
I chose Singularity because I'm busy working on a theory of everything, figure it suits.

Plus your original name meant juncture. Now a Nexus of a Singularity would be really interesting....