Educational

Author Topic: Post a childhood memory  (Read 3455 times)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post a childhood memory
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2009, 05:15:07 PM »
Young boys are said to have a spike in testosterone production around age 4, and another at the onset of puberty, so there are fluctuations there as well, even if it's not cyclical the way it is in girls. Girls must get testosterone surges too; some of the teenage girls I've met have got more alpha-male characteristics than the boys do. O_o

Last year, the catchcry among my sons' mates was: "Are YOU hornier than a ninth-grader???" :lol:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2018, 08:09:46 PM »
Mum and I were talking about what shopping was like when us kids were young. She and Dad would leave all four of us in the car while they went shopping. Our bickering would escalate into full-on punch-ups. All inside the car.

The bags the shopping came in were paper with no handles. The cats used to love them.

I remember one of my sisters taking Mum's keys before school and starting the car. She was just "helping".
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2018, 08:53:43 PM »
There used to be a place at the supermarket where you could pick through the boxes and select one to put your shopping in. There were paper bags available as well.

Our front yard used to slope down to the street. It seemed like a huge hill when we were kids. I was a huge kid, so I must have been very young when this happened. No older than about 2 or 3. Car tyres were smaller in those days as well. My sister sat me inside a car tyre with my legs tucked up and rolled me down the hill, and the experience was terrifying and painful, particularly the skidding crash at the end. She dragged me back up the hill, still crying, and tried to force me (screaming) to go back inside the tyre for another go. My mother came running out of the house and asked what was wrong and my sister (who would have been maybe 5 years old) said "he doesn't want to get back in the tyre" as if she was expecting our mother to help convince me to get back in.

My sister remembers the incident as well, she was obsessed with a cartoon on TV where the heroes rode around in high speed tyres. Sorry, I couldn't find a pic so you will have to imagine it. She was trying to recreate the cartoon in real life.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2018, 09:52:45 PM »
^^^ This explains a lot.   :M

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2018, 10:29:11 PM »
^^^ This explains a lot.   :M

Looking back, using my head as a brake wasn't such a great idea.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2018, 11:12:03 PM »
Well, yeah, your head has a much lower coefficient of friction than your hands and feet. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
The Summer I was 5 they had a Disney special every week at the movie theater in the town North of mine and my sister took me to almost every one
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »
^The very first movie I saw was in the city and we had to take the train to get there. Old diesel train. The windows could even be opened. I wonder how there weren't injuries.

Anyway, the movie was Popeye, a live-action movie. I don't remember much of it. I think my sister and I were 5.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2018, 12:17:27 AM »
Thinking the first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Aristocats.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2018, 12:44:06 AM »
Lucky - so much better than Popeye. :green:
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2018, 03:01:30 AM »
The first on I remember was Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory there were probably others before but I remember this one clearly, my sisters babysat me while my mom worked second shift at the hospital so if they wanted to go somewhere I did too.  I also remember seeing The Poseidon Adventure when I was 5
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2018, 11:46:33 AM »
Thinking the first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Aristocats.

My first was Wizard Of Oz. Loved it!

A few weeks later we saw Lady And The Tramp.
Now I was OK with a flying monster monkey army, but singing Siamese cats scared the fuck out of me and I had nightmares.
 :hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2018, 12:25:30 PM »
I also saw one of the original Pippi Longstocking films very earle on. I must have been three or four.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
The first movie I remember seeing was American Graffiti, although I didn't see it when it was released.

It was shown at the theater at Vandenberg AFB a few years later. At first I thought it was a Happy Days movie because Ron Howard and Cindy Williams were in it.

This was a common practice at theaters at military bases, it was less costly for them to get old movies back then.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
The first movie I remember seeing was American Graffiti, although I didn't see it when it was released.

It was shown at the theater at Vandenberg AFB a few years later. At first I thought it was a Happy Days movie because Ron Howard and Cindy Williams were in it.

This was a common practice at theaters at military bases, it was less costly for them to get old movies back then.

You never saw a movie in a theater until you were an adult?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.