Educational

Author Topic: Post a childhood memory  (Read 3446 times)

TheoK

Re: Post a childhood memory
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
Spinning tops like this one.

I had one of these too, as a very young child, though.  :thumbup:

Mum told me that I sat in the pram and learned myself to read from signs when she was in the stores. (Yes, you could leave a child in a pram outside a store in a Swedish town in the early 1970's without having to worry very much.)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 01:42:53 AM »
Spinning tops like this one.

I had one of these too, as a very young child, though.  :thumbup:

Mum told me that I sat in the pram and learned myself to read from signs when she was in the stores. (Yes, you could leave a child in a pram outside a store in a Swedish town in the early 1970's without having to worry very much.)

You probably sat on your spinning top  :evillaugh:

TheoK

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »
 ::)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 06:18:46 AM »
::)

Yes, your eyes are still spinning from the experience, I can see that.

Blasted

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 05:38:53 AM »

Sylvanian families FTW.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »
I remember calling a boy "egghead" in first grade because his head was literally shaped like an egg.  I wasn't trying to be mean to him but the teacher thought I was so she made me sit in front of a mirror with an egg shaped crown on my head during recess. 

This same teacher expected us all to write from 1 to 100 inside little boxes every day.  I thought that was stupid and boring so I did anything else but that all day long.  She made me stay inside during recess to work on it but I didn't care.  Then one day, she was going to make me stay after school and I cried.  I was scared she would make me miss the bus because I rode the bus to school and I had no other way to get home.  My mom didn't know how to drive so my dad drove the car to work in a different town and he didn't get home from work until long after I got home from school.  I don't know what I thought would happen, but she took care not to make me miss the bus.

I remember my mother bringing my younger brother home from the hospital when I was three.

Blasted

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
I remember when my second sister was born because I got a day off school  :laugh: 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »
I remember one fourth of july my dad gave me a TON of black cats. So I broke them and poured all the gunpowder into a coffee can, and sealed it. I used my small bomb to blow up the fort of the neighboring kids. They were so mad.  :lol:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Blasted

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
I remember one fourth of july my dad gave me a TON of black cats. So I broke them and poured all the gunpowder into a coffee can, and sealed it. I used my small bomb to blow up the fort of the neighboring kids. They were so mad.  :lol:

For a sec there I thought you meant actual cats :aff:

I used to push kids off the slide because I wanted to go first  :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »
Haha sylvanian families, cute, I had them too  :laugh:

My red Action Man car is the toy I remember most I think. It fired missiles. Also my pirate ship and island. A cool castle I posted a picture of my cat in. Hmm what else? Oh Henry my stuffed gorilla named after Henry VIII. I used to put undies on him and make my mum bring him to school to meet me when she picked me up. She was ashamed to be seen with him on her own so she carried him in a plastic bag till she got there. I didn't understand why  8)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »

You would have pissed me off so bad if we were in the same neighbourhood. I remember chasing off the neighbour boy with a snow shovel and yelling at him because he trashed our snow fort. Then I called his babysitter and demanded to know why she hadn't stopped him. I was about ten I think.

I detested kids who were into destroying things that people had worked hard on.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Used to be really obsessed with transport when I was a youngling:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 07:21:33 PM »

I got in trouble for something similar but with the powder from shotgun shells I got out of my brothers room and pulled apart with my teeth.  My parents were pissed when the found a few boxes of 12gauge shells empty under a bush in the back yard
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 07:11:17 AM »

You would have pissed me off so bad if we were in the same neighbourhood. I remember chasing off the neighbour boy with a snow shovel and yelling at him because he trashed our snow fort. Then I called his babysitter and demanded to know why she hadn't stopped him. I was about ten I think.

Yeah. They made fun of me hardcore though, and they used to physically mess with me. They'd pull my hair, hit me in the balls, call me a girl. They'd play like they were asking me out and stuff. They thought it was really funny to make light of the fact that I was "pretty".

So I did all sorts of things in retaliation. Some of them were pretty dangerous.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Blasted

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 07:14:45 AM »

Yeah. They made fun of me hardcore though, and they used to physically mess with me. They'd pull my hair, hit me in the balls, call me a girl. They'd play like they were asking me out and stuff. They thought it was really funny to make light of the fact that I was "pretty".

So I did all sorts of things in retaliation. Some of them were pretty dangerous.

They deserved it  8)