Educational

Author Topic: Sayings you hate  (Read 11215 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Sayings you hate
« Reply #300 on: November 27, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »
Janky. It's not a real word, my Kindle doesn't recognise it. But I've heard it and seen it written a few times now.

I sort of like that one. It seems to be replacing the use of ghetto.  :orly:

I thought I remembered this. Used to mean the jerkiness in a UI.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #301 on: November 27, 2018, 09:03:13 PM »
Janky. It's not a real word, my Kindle doesn't recognise it. But I've heard it and seen it written a few times now.

I think it's supposed to be a cross between junky and skanky.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2018, 12:18:40 AM »
I don't like it when someone says, who ate all... When we were first together, Sugarbutt once said who ate all.. I told him not to say that because my dad used to do it, and it drove me nuts. I never wanted to eat the last of anything whenever he was around. He'd open the fridge and belch out, who ate all the cheese? It didn't matter if he's the one who ate the other 90% of the cheese, nope I had eaten all the cheese because I ate the last of the cheese. NO ONE ATE ALL THE CHEESE! Sugarbutt thinks it's hilarious this bothers me so much, and has been delighted for many years asking me who ate all of something.  :lol1:

You're just trying to cover up the fact that you ate all the cheese. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »

Like wiur is a combination between TP and rodent?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »

Like wiur is a combination between TP and rodent?

:zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2018, 09:02:41 PM »
I don't like it when someone says, who ate all... When we were first together, Sugarbutt once said who ate all.. I told him not to say that because my dad used to do it, and it drove me nuts. I never wanted to eat the last of anything whenever he was around. He'd open the fridge and belch out, who ate all the cheese? It didn't matter if he's the one who ate the other 90% of the cheese, nope I had eaten all the cheese because I ate the last of the cheese. NO ONE ATE ALL THE CHEESE! Sugarbutt thinks it's hilarious this bothers me so much, and has been delighted for many years asking me who ate all of something.  :lol1:

Do you know how constipated I'd be if I ate ALL the cheese?  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #306 on: November 29, 2018, 12:32:43 AM »

How constipated are you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #307 on: November 29, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »

How constipated are you?

Classic Johnny Carson set up!

I hate the saying, too. At work it was always the coffee. I always brought my own "coffee snob, elitist asshole" variety of coffee from home in a huge thermal, resealable mug. Every time I heard someone ask, "Who drank all the coffee?"  I would shake my giant mug at them and tell them it was their turn to make more.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #308 on: November 29, 2018, 09:46:45 AM »

Since you won't need it, can I have your TP?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #309 on: November 29, 2018, 05:22:16 PM »

How constipated are you?

Not at all, because I also drank all the coffee.  :zoinks:

Since you won't need it, can I have your TP?

Quit coveting my toilet paper hoard.  >:(

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #310 on: November 29, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #311 on: November 29, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »
My coffee cup is actually a soup bowl with a handle. I fill it up with crappy instant coffee and it's like a "Venti" size coffee from Starbucks.

I'm twice the size of most people so a regular coffee cup is like a shot glass for me. I also need several of them before I start to wake up.

So I have a coffee out of a big coffee mug at home in the morning. Then I have a coffee out of a soup bowl with a handle at work, get the odd comment about how appropriately sized my coffee cup is, then I'm good for a while.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #312 on: November 29, 2018, 09:43:07 PM »
I don't like big cups, because they get cold quicker.

When I was in an office though, I'd make a pot and fill three large disposable cups (I was too cheap to buy a thermos
or something) every day. The driving force was because I wanted to have my coffee 'strong enough' (I'd use
three rip open packets instead of the suggested one) and there was only one other person who liked it
that way. The bonus was I'd get to take three paper cups home every day, instead of just one.

Since I knew I wouldn't have that easy cup supply, I stored them up. Even moved my used paper
cups (which didn't end up a deal).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2018, 12:26:51 AM »
Not at all, because I also drank all the coffee.  :zoinks:

Your next few hours in the loo will be... unique.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2018, 05:55:04 AM »
Seventy Years (or what ever old age makes it ridiculous) Young.

I am sixty three, now and I am NOT young. It does seem that I am better off than quite a few of similar age as I look around, but the arthritis still hurts.

I am NOT sixty three years young!
My wife is fifty five, now and the other day a security guard where she picks up early air shipments for UPS said to her, "Good evening young lady!"  She was home later and told how old it made her feel for a thirty something guy to call HER a "young lady."
Last week at the grocery she had a huge basket/cart of goods and allowed a younger couple with a much lighter load to go ahead of her. The man turned back to thank her and gave her a hug. How OLD does a woman have to be for a young man to hug her in front of his wife? Pretty damn old.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.