Educational

Author Topic: Sayings you hate  (Read 10590 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Sayings you hate
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2018, 05:43:33 AM »

Dropping one's guts:

"Someone dropped their guts in the lift this morning. I almost chundered".

"I nearly dropped me guts in the boss's office today. That woulda scored me a DCM".

I do not know what that means.

Here we sometimes say, "Bastard just dropped ass right there," meaning farted in public.

Dropped guts?
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2018, 05:44:52 AM »
It's the same thing - dropped guts is a fart, usually a very smelly one.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2018, 06:11:15 AM »
It's the same thing - dropped guts is a fart, usually a very smelly one.

OK, but I like "dropped ass" a lot more than "dropped guts."

Polite company would make either one troublesome, but so would farting out loud.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:23:11 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2018, 07:03:41 AM »
Dunny budgie = blowfly. Actually I like that one.

Budgie smugglers = speedos. Never liked that one.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2018, 11:14:13 AM »
About 'potato', no we don't, 'rax, I've never once heard anyone in the UK pronounce it as anything other than 'po-tay-toh', the  first 'o' being pronounced as a short vowel, as in 'possible' or if describing theresa may, as in 'po-faced fucking bitch'

Nobody pronounces it 'po-tah-toe', maybe someone with a speech impediment, but no regular, native englishman would pronounce it that way.

Lets see...other sayings I can't stand..

'innit' -fucking chavscum speak.

'blud'

'nigga'...no....its spelled and pronounced 'nigger', no 'a' in the word, you dumb fucking ghetto cunt.

'brap' ('nigga' and wigger talk imitating the sound of a gunshot.) Makes the speaker sound like the moron they invariably are. This one invariably makes me want to introduce the speaker to an uppercut to the throat, to make sure they stop speaking like a twat. Ideally stop breathing too.

Management-type corporate bollocks. Too many examples to list. All that meaningless shitspeak they come out with. Always they have a greasy. diseased, slimy feel of dishonesty all over it, whatever the particular schpiel of arse leavings being vomited forth by some management type.

And PR fuckers. (no, not OUR PR, daughter of QV, she's a gorgeous, delightful, very attractive 'lil sweetie.), 'public relations' type PR fuckers, I mean. A slimy, lying bunch of subhuman bastards hired to put a 'positive' image out about whoever or whatever hired them, regardless of the fact that whoever did hire them are vile, poisonous, toadying little shiteating liars who are trying to put out the message that fr.ex dumping ultratoxic organomercurial or organocadmium waste into water supplies which are used to irrigate the crops of subsistence-income farmers is just fine. Not a problem, totally acceptable and the agonizing and fatal diseases afflicting the impoverished peasant farmers who eat the crops the water was used to irrigate are their problem, just some local pathogen and nothing to do with the heavy metal toxic slops they release into the rivers upstream.

(this has happened, several times, including some of the worst of the very worst industrial disasters in history. Its dreadful enough that a company is negligent enough to let such things happen in the first place; but after an industrial disaster affecting vast numbers of people, killing many, and condemning the survivors to a lifetime of incurable neurological damage and in the case of the japanese disaster involving organocadmium wastes getting loose and being discharged into the water supplies, the victims suffered severe damage to their bones, which became soft, porous and deformed, breaking as if they were made of egg shells. Their legs, their arms, their vertebrae all became so severely demineralized and damaged that those who did not die ended up bow-legged, forced to walk with a waddling gait, severely osteoporotic, their bones with the consistency of a sponge, and in constant, agonizing pain.

The japanese called the disease itai-itai, which translated from japenese into english, has the meaning 'it hurts, it hurts'. Due to the pain caused by the victims' bones turning to sponge, as well as their kidneys failing, skin irritation, neuralgia (neuropathic pain, which can be very unpleasant indeed, and its difficult to treat as well, being highly resistant to remediation with opioids. I have neuropathic pain myself, although not due to cadmium poisoning, in my case, its due a surgical fuckup when I had an operation to remove some bone spikes that had shattered off inside my knee, and were both hanging around in the joint, whilst some had embedded themselves within my patellar tendon, stabbing away with every movement. Either they had been broken off when I originally fell on the glass spike i fell onto, kneecap-first, with all my body weight behind it;  or they were broken loose when I was recovering from the injury and was assaulted, my knee stamped on repeatedly, as well as my face, ribcage, pretty much everywhere that could be stamped on, punched or kicked was stamped on, punched and kicked in. Managed to get my pocket knife out and use it, which put to flight, the pack of cowardly fucking dirty chavscum bastard god-damned FILTH who had jumped me, with a gang of at least 20 or so, from ages of maybe 11-12 to at least 20yo, against one pre-teen to very young teen. Just because they think that kind of crap is 'fun' and sport, and partly because they HATED me, personally I mean, they had it in for me, specifically, because I was 'different', spoke differently, was VASTLY more intelligent than other children, and indeed many adults I met, they just couldn't even come close to conversing with me on my own level, and I always have found it difficult to 'dumb down' to the level of those who are not on my level. Oddly, I can easily adapt my speech and communication to suit those who have mental retardation, special ed folk (I mean, those who are spesh but not autistic, or not necessarily autistic at least, I've known people who were both.

Perhaps the ability to communicate in a way other than my typical almost-manic, hyper and high-tech, generally peppered with scientific principles, even if not discussing science, I'll tend to use a lot of technical terms, and explain things in a factual and highly specific manner; and I'm also a highly logical, unemotional thinker, for the the most part, which unsurprisingly enough, comes through in my speech. LOL I was even born with pointed ears :LOL1:,  perhaps it comes from my having fallen in love with girls in the past, who were mentally retarded, which on three or four occasions or so, I have, and being the kind of guy who when I'm in a relationship, goes to a hell of a lot of effort to become  what the girl I'm with needs, what they want, to communicate effectively, to be kind and compassionate, loving, to make damn well sure I turn them on big time when we are snuggled up in bed (or wherever else we might be making like a pair of rabbiits and,,-=,About 'potato', no we don't, 'rax, I've never once heard anyone in the UK pronounce it as anything other than 'po-tay-toh', the  first 'o' being pronounced as a short vowel, as in 'possible' or if describing theresa may, as in 'po-faced fucking bitch'

Nobody pronounces it 'po-tah-toe', maybe someone with a speech impediment, but no regular, native englishman would pronounce it that way.

Lets see...other sayings I can't stand..

'innit' -fucking chavscum speak.

'blud'

'nigga'...no....its spelled and pronounced 'nigger', no 'a' in the word, you dumb fucking ghetto cunt.

'brap' ('nigga' and wigger talk imitating the sound of a gunshot.) Makes the speaker sound like the moron they invariably are. This one invariably makes me want to introduce the speaker to an uppercut to the throat, to make sure they stop speaking like a twat. Ideally stop breathing too.

Management-type corporate bollocks. Too many examples to list. All that meaningless shitspeak they come out with. Always they have a greasy. diseased, slimy feel of dishonesty all over it, whatever the particular schpiel of arse leavings being vomited forth by some management type.

And PR fuckers. (no, not OUR PR, daughter of QV, she's a gorgeous, delightful, very attractive 'lil sweetie.), 'public relations' type PR fuckers, I mean. A slimy, lying bunch of subhuman bastards hired to put a 'positive' image out about whoever or whatever hired them, regardless of the fact that whoever did hire them are vile, poisonous, toadying little shiteating liars who are trying to put out the message that fr.ex dumping ultratoxic organomercurial or organocadmium waste into water supplies which are used to irrigate the crops of subsistence-income farmers is just fine. Not a problem, totally acceptable and the agonizing and fatal diseases afflicting the impoverished peasant farmers who eat the crops the water was used to irrigate are their problem, just some local pathogen and nothing to do with the heavy metal toxic slops they release into the rivers upstream.

(this has happened, several times, including some of the worst of the very worst industrial disasters in history. Its dreadful enough that a company is negligent enough to let such things happen in the first place; but after an industrial disaster affecting vast numbers of people, killing many, and condemning the survivors to a lifetime of incurable neurological damage and in the case of the japanese disaster involving organocadmium wastes getting loose and being discharged into the water supplies, the victims suffered severe damage to their bones, which became soft, porous and deformed, breaking as if they were made of egg shells. Their legs, their arms, their vertebrae all became so severely demineralized and damaged that those who did not die ended up bow-legged, forced to walk with a waddling gait, as well as suffering severe kidney problems, ranging from damage to outright kidney failure, and peripheral neuropathy.

(neuropathic pain as well as nerve damage;  I have it in one leg, the bad one, or rather, the worse of the two, the one that got a bit spike of glass driven into the knee joint after I slipped and fell, knee first onto said upward-pointing long, wide shard of broken glass with all my body weight behind it to force it deep into my joint. I had surgery to remove the glass, then later on, another surgery to remove some sharp spikes of fragmented bone which were part floating around the joint itself, stabbing merrily away, and part of them embedded in my patellar tendon, again stabbing away with every movement, irritating the tissue and causing the tendon to calcify where the bone spikes had been irritating the tendon chronically; either they had broken off when the initial injury was sustained

Or when I got jumped by a pack of pikey chav trash, gang of about 20 odd of the fucking dirty rancid little foetusfuckers, ranging in age from maybe 12-13 or so to 20 to early 20s. against one preteen to early teen kid. Stamped on my knee while I was in recovery from the glass injury and surgery to remove it from my  patellar tendon and knee joint, was well as my head,  face, ribcage, pretty much anywhere you can stamp on, punch or kick in, they stamped on, punched and kicked in. Filthy fucking pikey trash; may their families suffer and die in agony.

They fucked off after I managed to open my pocket knife and use it, bunch of fucking pussy ass gutless  cowards, and just buggered off, with me in the road, left me for dead.

The second surgery I had, left me with peripheral neuropathy, caused me some nerve damage affecting that leg, causes me paraesthesia of a painful sort.
I have very little sensation there, its as if I'd been injected with a local anaesthetic. I CAN just about feel touch, but it feels horrible, awful sensation. I can feel pain, the anaesthesia provides me no protection from pain at all. Tingling, numbness, pain, and the pain doesn't respond much to opiate painkillers; with the exception, among those opioids I have tried, of methadone. Methadone has some activity as an NMDA type glutamate receptor antagonist, and  such
drugs are well known for efficacy against pain due to nerve damage. Methadone isn't a strong NMDA antagonist, but the effect is indeed there, and it does help with the pain from my peripheral neuropathy, whilst other opiates, such as oxycodone, morphine, heroin, dipropionylmorphine, 6-monoacetoxydihydromorphine, don't, unless the dose is so high that it knocks me out completely.

Another phrase that really irks me, is when...'people' of colour use the word 'axe' to mean 'ask', it just makes them sound like complete fucking cretins
who really need to be burnt alive, because they are too stupid to live. I mean bloody fucking jesus christ with his lungs torn out and rammed up his chocolate starfish! its a three letter word. How the bloody mother of fuck can anyone be such a thick piece of shit as to be unable to pronounce a three letter word.
Its about as simple and basic as you can get. Kinda like the stupid pricks responsible for this rape and brutal sodomy of basic fundamental grammar.

Its the kind of thing that actually manages to justify the phrase 'stupid fucking nigger'!
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »
I'm still not a fan of "clean your room"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2018, 01:57:03 AM »
Not so much a saying, but rather an ill used article.

For instance, THE Beatles is fine, THE elevator is fine, THE Led Zeppelin is not OK!  THE Google is just stupid. THE cd is fine, THE Guess Who is fine (I would not have but they are Canadian, so whatever), taking THE I865 toward Chicago - just NO, but THE Twitter is ridiculous.

Stop throwing out random THEs people!!

Agreeing with the DD here. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2018, 05:59:53 AM »
'fo shizzle my nizzle' and variants of it. Fucking hell. Moronic wigger alarm!
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2018, 07:26:23 AM »
Not so much a saying, but rather an ill used article.

For instance, THE Beatles is fine, THE elevator is fine, THE Led Zeppelin is not OK!  THE Google is just stupid. THE cd is fine, THE Guess Who is fine (I would not have but they are Canadian, so whatever), taking THE I865 toward Chicago - just NO, but THE Twitter is ridiculous.

Stop throwing out random THEs people!!

Agreeing with the DD here. :zoinks:

:CanofWorms:

The Odeon should watch himself.
 :headhurts:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »
I'm still not a fan of "clean your room"

How are "we" coming on the garage is another in line with that one. That would be my wife making sure that I keep my interest in my hobbies and not get too bogged down in the depression that happens every SAD fall.

For one thing, "coming on a garage" is not exactly in my purview.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »

I have concerns about the entire wigger thing, generally.

There was a young lady who was ripped to shreds recently because she wore a dress to her prom which resembled an Asian design and poor gal was all over the news, even on early morning national news media, trying to "apologize for offending" people. She loved super bright colors and large graphic pattern and the flow was so flattering to her ...

Anyway she was accused of cultural appropriation and berated, castigated (choose your own description of the grisly, pummeling chastisement this beautiful young teen had to endure) It stirred up such a shit storm with the left because she was not Asian.

The mere existence of wiggers stirs a similar shit storm inside me as far as cultural mis-appropriation goes.
Sure, let's listen to and enjoy "their" music, but trying to imitate "their accents" and urban colloquialisms is just insulting.

Some of the story about the young teen babe:     https://www.today.com/style/teen-who-wore-traditional-chinese-dress-prom-faces-backlash-t128426

One of her gutsy comments:
"To everyone causing so much negativity: I mean no disrespect to the Chinese culture. I’m simply showing my appreciation to their culture. I’m not deleting my post because I’ve done nothing but show my love for the culture. It’s a fucking dress. And it’s beautiful."

Here is a pic of this lovely young woman in her prom dress:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:16:18 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »

Sorry, but you seemed to have nicked at a raw nub for me there.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »
Why does fashion cultural appropriation go "one way"?

I don't know much about this.  And I'm not really interested in getting educated.  There's too much on my plate right now to take on anything more.

Back to "one way" with this rhetorical question.  Why aren't the Japanese, the African continent, Native Americans, etc. criticized for adopting Western wear?  Should we stop eating the cuisine of other nationalities?  Etc.

I'm not going to read any answers to this post.  Don't have time to learn anything new.  Just wanted to stir the pot I guess.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Tizalking the shizit was our secret language for years around the children when they were young, and around anyone else for that matter. At the time it was mainly prevalent in prisons, though husband picked it up in youth when he once ran off with a carnival, so he viewed it as carney speak. Really liked having our own language, and then Snoop Dogg ruined it for us. :laugh:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2018, 10:55:12 AM »
Why does fashion cultural appropriation go "one way"?

I don't know much about this.  And I'm not really interested in getting educated.  There's too much on my plate right now to take on anything more.

Back to "one way" with this rhetorical question.  Why aren't the Japanese, the African continent, Native Americans, etc. criticized for adopting Western wear?  Should we stop eating the cuisine of other nationalities?  Etc.

I'm not going to read any answers to this post.  Don't have time to learn anything new.  Just wanted to stir the pot I guess.
Thinking it's not one way for blacks and native americans, as they can be highly criticized within their own race for 'trying to be white'.