Author Topic: Sayings you hate  (Read 11355 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Sayings you hate
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »
Yeah nah, Pappy and Cal are both right:

Quote from: Urban Dictionary
Originally a term used in the card game blackjack, where a player doubles their original bet in exchange for exactly one additional card; most useful when the remaining deck is offering extremely favorable odds of making a total of twenty-one.

The term is increasingly used as a media euphemism when political figures tell bald-faced lies and when confronted with contradictory statements, the politician not only fails to retract their claims but instead expresses an increased certainty in their truth.
The political candidate claimed that 99% of the violent crimes committed in the United States were perpetrated by Canadians. When challenged with data indicating that in fact less that 0.1 percent of crimes are committed by Canadians, the candidate opted to double down, claiming that the data was incorrect. Further, the candidate pledged to, if elected, expel all US citizens with Canadian ancestry from the country.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2018, 05:58:50 AM »
I'm not into modern aphorisms. Let's stick to the traditional meaning,
and wonder at the idiocy that causes things to change in unreasonable ways.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2018, 09:35:42 AM »
@ Calandale     Like "nice" meaning retarted?  Gay meaning happy?  Monochrome meaning one coloured (new fashion term meaning only the person is wearing only two solid colours in a block.)

The PR hates it when I call her ma'am.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
"Love ya guts." My sister says it on Facebook all the time. Ew.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »
@ Calandale     Like "nice" meaning retarted?  Gay meaning happy?  Monochrome meaning one coloured (new fashion term meaning only the person is wearing only two solid colours in a block.)

Not quite what I had in mind. 'Nice' generally IS retarded. Happy is the earlier meaning of gay. Like faggot is a bundle of wood.

Not sure what, in particular, was chewing me at the time of the post. Probably something from the 19th century or later.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2018, 11:11:48 PM »
"Use your words".

I'm sure I've mentioned this before.

I want to smack anyone who tries that around me, even if not aimed at me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2018, 12:56:58 AM »
"Use your words".

I'll hold them if you hit them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2018, 03:03:16 AM »
Anything religious. No, jesus didn't fucking die for a damned thing, and he sure as shit had no idea I was going to be bloody born. Guy is a rotting corpse, same goes for all the other major religious prophet types. Fuck em with a flamethrower sideways if you ask me.

'retarded' as an insullt, anything similar, E.g retard, spastic, although for some reason 'monged' has been current and has no association with Downs, it means to be so fucking baked after smoking weed that you are half asleep and draped over the nearest solid object. The likes of retard, retarded, its just insulting to those who actually have some form of MR. I'm likely to twat anyone who uses such terms again after being warned.

On a jar of salted cashews 'warning, may contain nuts'. You haploid tosser, if it doesn't contain nuts, then I'd be shoving the jar up your backside for ripping me off when I  wanted the food I paid for, and besides, anyone moronic enough to have a nut allergy and buy and eat a jar of nuts, deserves to die, they are just to stupid to live.

Most religious crap. Although I'm prone to using some rather archaic terms in my speech, '''steeth,'' and 'sblood' meaning 'gods teeth' 'gods blood', very old oaths last current a few centuries ago. And references to ancient civilizations, such as 'go to Hades/tartarus' and one thats probably unique to me 'it's just piss in the Styx', meaning 'fuck all'.

I keep getting told that I've got cursing and slagging people off made into a fine art, that I'm creative in the way I talk generally. I tend to throw phrases in quite a few languages in my speech, usually something profane, I swear in french, german, polish, russian, latin (like my tag line. 'homo stercore veteris, heterodiem'

means 'same old shit, different day' in latin.  As well as speaking ASL, so I can swear pretty well in ASL sign as well. A few bits of ancient greek, nahuatl, I just pick stuff up like that.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »
"Use your words".

I've only ever heard "use your words" said to children who are hitting each other.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »

Damn, Dude!!
I guess it took you a while to get my grass all put back where it is supposed to be, eh?

(Good to see you around again!)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2018, 04:53:35 PM »
Aw, shucks.  :zoinks:

*humps DirtDawg's leg*
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
EVERY song or movie that comes on, "That's your favourite, right Mommy?"
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2018, 03:02:10 AM »
Aw, shucks.  :zoinks:

*humps DirtDawg's leg*

*kicks him over the fence just short of getting wet*
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2018, 03:10:41 AM »
Not so much a saying, but rather an ill used article.

For instance, THE Beatles is fine, THE elevator is fine, THE Led Zeppelin is not OK!  THE Google is just stupid. THE cd is fine, THE Guess Who is fine (I would not have but they are Canadian, so whatever), taking THE I865 toward Chicago - just NO, but THE Twitter is ridiculous.

Stop throwing out random THEs people!!

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2018, 04:51:28 AM »
Dropping one's guts:

"Someone dropped their guts in the lift this morning. I almost chundered".

"I nearly dropped me guts in the boss's office today. That woulda scored me a DCM".
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass