Author Topic: Just wrong  (Read 2502 times)

TheoK

Re: Just wrong
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
I REALLY, REALLY hope I'm wrong, BTW. I just don't see this democracy working very well, and no signs of improvement. So as Lincoln said, it comes down to alter or abolish.

All we can do now is hope and prepare for the worst >:(

Be brave. The free world depends on you.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2009, 01:59:25 AM »
I REALLY hate to say this, but maybe if public officials had to fear physical injury as well as verbal wrath, they MIGHT act in a less fascist manner. It's easy to ignore letters, phone calls and e-mails; not so easy to ignore machine guns.

Unfortunately that particular incentive never works. Would you be more efficient at what you do if you had a gun pointed to your head?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2009, 03:53:28 AM »
No. But these numbnuts have the guns pointed at US and are calling the shots. This is no longer a participatory democracy. I was really hoping Ron Paul would get the Republican nod, even though I knew he had no chance. I would just like them to know what it's like to be Joe the Plumber and have THEIR doors kicked in by SWAT thugs at 3 AM because either a) someone phoned in a false report of a drug lab at their address or b) the cops got the wrong address to begin with. Let them find out what it's like to be sitting at gunpoint with their dead dog(s) or cat(s) undergoing rigor mortis in front of them. Explain THAT to your kids. "Well, Daddy and his friends in Congress really, really wanted to stop people doing drugs. Unfortunately, we kinda went overboard...." They need to know what it's like to have their fascist laws implemented on THEM.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:04:32 AM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2009, 04:00:53 AM »
Yeah, I see your point, but gunpoint would only reach the front guys, not the decision makers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2009, 04:03:36 AM »
The decision makers? Oh, we'd dose 'em and put 'em in camps. Hey, it worked in the movies.  :P
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2009, 04:05:51 AM »
The decision makers? Oh, we'd dose 'em and put 'em in camps. Hey, it worked in the movies.  :P

:laugh:

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2009, 05:25:23 AM »
Yeah, I see your point, but gunpoint would only reach the front guys, not the decision makers.

Ever heard of sniper rifles? Bombs?  :eyebrows: :tooledup: :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2009, 07:10:32 AM »

Yes. They won't change anything. A society based on fear will not work in the long run.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2009, 08:15:05 AM »

Yes. They won't change anything. A society based on fear will not work in the long run.

I agree but it also makes me worry more about the future here as it is being turned into a society based on fear.  Fear of terrorists , drugs and violence are being used to justify more and more.  Even I finch when I hear the sound of sires and dread the thought of police ever arriving at my door.   Not that I do or have anything illegal but they are looking at everyone and everything different now.  Guilty until proven innocent seems to be the wave of the future.  I only hope to be living far enough out in the country by the time it gets even worse
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »
It happens in Europe too. I know guys in the UK and Germany, who have had the cops searching their homes becuase they had salpeter (which is perfectly legal) in their homes.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2009, 08:20:34 AM »
It happens in Europe too. I know guys in the UK and Germany, who have had the cops searching their homes becuase they had salpeter (which is perfectly legal) in their homes.

I have far more than just that too but like i said all legal but they would make a big deal of it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2009, 12:05:15 PM »
"Love your country, the country hates you in disguise.
Work hard, don't ask why.
Follow the law, don't ask why.
Watch TV, don't ask why.
Read a book, but don't ponder over it.
If you have some spare time, don't think, watch TV.
Don't think, switch channel.
Build walls, lock the world out, censor.
Switch channel.
Exchange feeling for plastic, opinion for shrugged shoulders.
Don't hide anything, have nothing of your own.
Always let them look into your life.
Let them know what's best.
Let them decide.
Let them feel.
Don't think, long live Sweden!
Long live Sweden, in skiing, in songs, in the king's speeches.
Long live Sweden, don't ask why.
Love your country, the country hates you in disguise."

From a Swede on a Swedish forum.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

So I guess they won't be prescribing saltpetre to sex offenders any time soon?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:12:18 PM by Peter »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2009, 12:15:27 PM »

So I guess they won't be prescribing saltpetre to sex offenders any time soon?

No, they give them other drugs. Though salpeter (potassium nitrate) is really a harmless chemical. We even have it in the fish for Christmas in Sweden.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »

I agree but it also makes me worry more about the future here as it is being turned into a society based on fear.  Fear of terrorists , drugs and violence are being used to justify more and more.  Even I finch when I hear the sound of sires and dread the thought of police ever arriving at my door.   Not that I do or have anything illegal but they are looking at everyone and everything different now.  Guilty until proven innocent seems to be the wave of the future.  I only hope to be living far enough out in the country by the time it gets even worse

I hope things will get better. The US didn't use to be like that.

- Albert Einstein